Try to make a vapor fuel supply system

In summary, the conversation discusses different methods for vaporizing fuel in a gasoline engine, such as using an ultrasonic mister, heating the fuel to its evaporation temperature, or heating the intake pipes with insulated copper wires or a stove pipe. The person with a 3.2L v6 Isuzu fuel injected motor is looking for a solution to vapor lock or starting in cold conditions, but the other person suggests pre-heating the intake air instead. They also mention the possibility of developing a replacement or supplement for the existing fuel system.
Qaiphyx
What would be the most basic and solid way of doing this for a gasoline engine? I've thought about using a ultrasonic mister but I am afraid that there may be a potential for a spark, don't want to blow up. I've also tossed around the idea of heating the fuel to its evaporation temps, but not sure what the simplest way would be to do this. Any ideas?

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
It happens automatically when the fuel hits the piston face which is much above the vaporization temp of gasoline.

I understand that, however I need it in a vapor state before entering the cylinder.

Run some insulated copper wires between the exhaust and intake manifolds. Should heat the intake pipes beyond 95C or wherever the boiling point of gasoline is at that pressure (less than 1atm because it is throttled).

Also you can move the fuel injector further upstream if it is too close to the intake port, to give it a chance to vaporize. I don't know what engine you have so this might not be necessary.

Its a 3.2L v6 isuzu fuel injected motor. I was thinking something a little more independent of the already existing fuel injection system. To my knowledge there's not enough room in the area to move the injectors.

What are you trying to achieve by this?

Usually vapor in the fuel lines is called a "vapor lock" and is not a good thing to have.

If you are bothered about starting in very cold conditions or something like that, pre-heating the intake air would be a better and safer idea.

Run an old school stove pipe off your exhaust into the air stream it will heat it up nicely.

Qaiphyx said:
Its a 3.2L v6 isuzu fuel injected motor. I was thinking something a little more independent of the already existing fuel injection system. To my knowledge there's not enough room in the area to move the injectors.

Are you trying to solve some problem or make some improvement? Are you trying to develop a replacement for the existing fuel system or supplement it for some reason?

What is a vapor fuel supply system?

A vapor fuel supply system is a system that converts liquid fuel into vapor form before it enters the engine. This allows for better combustion efficiency and reduces emissions.

Why is it important to have a vapor fuel supply system?

A vapor fuel supply system is important because it helps improve the performance and efficiency of an engine. It also reduces harmful emissions, making it more environmentally friendly.

How does a vapor fuel supply system work?

A vapor fuel supply system works by using heat to convert liquid fuel into vapor form. The vapor is then delivered to the engine through a series of pipes and valves.

What are the benefits of using a vapor fuel supply system?

The benefits of using a vapor fuel supply system include improved engine performance, increased fuel efficiency, and reduced emissions. It also allows for more precise control of the fuel-air mixture, resulting in better combustion.

Are there any disadvantages to using a vapor fuel supply system?

One potential disadvantage of using a vapor fuel supply system is that it may require more complex and expensive equipment to install and maintain. It may also have a higher initial cost compared to traditional fuel supply systems. However, the long-term benefits often outweigh these potential disadvantages.