Who Would You Choose for the Ultimate Dinner Date?

• Thread starter Wardw
  • Start date
In summary, The German survey mentioned in the content asked who the Germans would most like to have dinner with. Albert was the most popular choice, followed by Jesus. Feynman, Einstein, and Chopin were also mentioned.
Wardw said:
In a recent survey 25% of Germans when asked who they would most like to spend the evening dining with, came up with the master himself, good old Albert. E.
So the question is just that:

Who would you most like to have dinner and conversation with?

Unbelievable that they all think that Einstein would be such an interesting conversation partner.
My choice would definitely be Friedrich Nietzsche, I could not think of any more honest thinker than him.
man, I would love an encounter with him...

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Don't think he'll last too much longer though as quoted by his mom: "Every heroin addict started with cannabis". Tis a shame, he had so much going for him

Bit of a sad comment. Makes it sound like all of us that consume the sacred herb are on the way to ruin.

ek said:
Steve Jobs

You're a sick, sick man.

Padford said:
You play piano? (Bladila?). I think Chopin's works are difficult, but if you looking for walls of sound and finger-snapping impossible piano works look no further than rachmaninoff, sure, fansatie impromptu (chopin) is impossible, and technically insane, but look at, oooh, prelude in c sharp minor, or rachmaninoff's arrangement of the flight of the bumble bee (can play the booksy and hawks- thinkt that's right) version, but ol' rachmaninoff adds a bit. Definalty him, fantastic!

Fair enough, since i know how hard flight of the bumble bee is :shy:

I play both piano and flute, although I am a bit worse with the latter. Chopins music sounds good on both instruments :approve:

back to topic please..people? :redface:

gerben said:
Unbelievable that they all think that Einstein would be such an interesting conversation partner.
My choice would definitely be Friedrich Nietzsche, I could not think of any more honest thinker than him.
man, I would love an encounter with him...

Yay, nieztsche!

I still remember a picture in the local newspaper, back in 1982. Two or three large women were chasing after a car, banging on its trunk with hammers. They were from inner-city Chicago originally, and at the moment the picture was taken they were encouraging the driver of the vehicle to hustle it out of Miracle Valley. This was on land in southern Arizona that had been donated to the Reverend A.A. Allen a quarter-century earlier. In the late 1970s a Chicago protégé of Allen had moved to Miracle Valley, and brought followers along. Their relations with neighbors in that part of the state were interesting, to say the least.

The story was absorbing, and it led me to a book that had each of its chapters devoted to some controversial preacher of the gospel. (I think the book was simply titled The Preachers; at any rate I recall it had a chapter on Rev. Ike and one on Rev. Branham, in addition to a dozen or so others.) The chapter on Rev. Allen pretty much came right out and called him an alcoholic. The evangelist specialized in faith healing and casting out demons. According to the book, Rev. Allen died at 59 from the effects of chronic alcoholism.

I find it fascinating that someone could be simultaneously addicted to Jesus and booze, so yeah, I'd pick A. A. Allen as my dinner guest. I'd like to have the chance to see what makes someone like that tick.

A pitcher of water only at the table, please. :tongue:

Last edited:
No-one seems to have come up with Herodotus, now that cat must have seen some interesting things.

My other choices would be Cicero, Winston Churchill or perhaps Julius Cesar.

Now here is what is really interesting, of all the names mentioned so far, 23 were or are men and only 4 women, (3 if you don't count Britny whatever her name is, dam an evening with her would actively lower my IQ)

So what does it mean...any answers??

Wardw said:
Now here is what is really interesting, of all the names mentioned so far, 23 were or are men and only 4 women, (3 if you don't count Britny whatever her name is, dam an evening with her would actively lower my IQ)

So what does it mean...any answers??
It means that more men are famous throughout history. It was rare for a woman to be of enough importance to be noted by historians.

polyb said:
Yes I do and always with a smile! :wink:

I am also pretty good at the art of massage!:biggrin:

It is as pleasuable to give as it is to receive in the sensual arts! :tongue2:
In light of the entire post, it sounds like he does the dishes wearing just an apron open at the back. :bugeye:

I would like to have dinner with the little guy who built the Coral Castle, but only if he would agree to tell how he did it.

Or with Tesla. He left many mysteries as well, such as his electric car.

I can't imagine either would be a very good conversationist, but then again, neither am I.

I'd probably pick someone who can once and for all settle a question that may otherwise never be answered satisfactorily :

to Fermat : "Now that was just your idea of a gag, wasn't it ?"

to Mersenne : "Admit it...you were just guessing."

to Jesus : "What a coincidence; we just happen to be right beside a large body of water. You wouldn't terribly mind..."

to anyone in the Indus Valley Civilization : "And all these symbols mean what ?"

To Nicholas Flamel, Da Vinci, Newton, Hugo, Botticelli : "So let's cut to the chase...how about you tell me more about this Prieure de Sion ?"

Gokul43201 said:
to Fermat : "Now that was just your idea of a gag, wasn't it ?"

Same for Riemann, eh?

I don't think Riemann claimed to have a proof of the Conjecture.

Artman said:
In light of the entire post, it sounds like he does the dishes wearing just an apron open at the back. :bugeye:

Well, it is dangerous to cook with an apron open in the front. :eek:

I'm not going to go with any intellectual options in this thread, I'll pick Donald Trump, because I know the food will be excellent (or he'll have the chef's head on a platter for dessert), and no need for me to feel the least bit guilty expecting him to pick up the tab. :biggrin:

Moonbear said:

I'm not going to go with any intellectual options in this thread, I'll pick Donald Trump, because I know the food will be excellent (or he'll have the chef's head on a platter for dessert), and no need for me to feel the least bit guilty expecting him to pick up the tab. :biggrin:
How can you stand that creepy "hair-cut" he has?
He ought to bald himself!

Moonbear said:
Not in the mood for a weenie roast?
:biggrin:

Either Oscar Wilde or Dorothy Parker, depending on whether I felt like London or New York on that particular day.

arildno said:
How can you stand that creepy "hair-cut" he has?
He ought to bald himself!

:rofl: Hair cut? He has a hair cut? I thought it looked more like the few hairs he had, he just kept wrapping around his head. You'd think with all the money he has, he'd be able to afford hair implants or a good quality toupee if he's too vain to just go bald.

I wasn't thinking about him for his company, just focused on getting a good meal out of it.

Moonbear said:
:rofl: Hair cut? He has a hair cut? I thought it looked more like the few hairs he had, he just kept wrapping around his head. You'd think with all the money he has, he'd be able to afford hair implants or a good quality toupee if he's too vain to just go bald.

I wasn't thinking about him for his company, just focused on getting a good meal out of it.
On the other hand, tycoons like D.T. get away with their weirdo look; people just call'em eccentric instead..:grumpy: