Light Glows around Spouse in Dark Room

• Thread starter alberthadavid
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Light
In summary, a wife remembers seeing a light around her husband three times in the middle of the night. She is unsure of what it was, but thinks it may have been an electronic device that was still plugged in.
sean1202 said:
lol, he could have simply had a device under his shirt. my main point is that he was able to "wake" up from her waving her hands in front of him...and that's what makes me suspicious

I'm not trying to bust your... um.. you here. I'm just unaware of what kind of device creates this effect, when there are simpler explanations afoot.

Physics news on Phys.org
Hmm, this is interesting. My dad had a similar experience years ago. He was out working through the night (probably 2am) on a construction job on the highway. While him and his co worker went over into the darkness to get some equipment, my dad looked at his co worker and saw he was glowing brightly. My dad was in disbelief and shook his head then the light disappeared. The next day, he found out that that co worker was hit and killed by a car.. which is the strangest part of all.

There's a lot of factors here:
- late night working
- bright lights during highway construction that might have made his eyes readjust after they left the lit area
- if they were in the dark searching for equipment maybe the co worker had a flashlight.

It's a very bizarre story and I get the feeling that the only reason he thought anything of it was that the man got killed. I know, from personal experience, that working late into the night especially on little sleep makes things very dream like.

DrummingAtom said:
Hmm, this is interesting. My dad had a similar experience years ago. He was out working through the night (probably 2am) on a construction job on the highway. While him and his co worker went over into the darkness to get some equipment, my dad looked at his co worker and saw he was glowing brightly. My dad was in disbelief and shook his head then the light disappeared. The next day, he found out that that co worker was hit and killed by a car.. which is the strangest part of all.

There's a lot of factors here:
- late night working
- bright lights during highway construction that might have made his eyes readjust after they left the lit area
- if they were in the dark searching for equipment maybe the co worker had a flashlight.

It's a very bizarre story and I get the feeling that the only reason he thought anything of it was that the man got killed. I know, from personal experience, that working late into the night especially on little sleep makes things very dream like.

I think that it's important to remember that sleep deprivation leads to a genuinely altered state of consciousness. Sleeping and waking are probably point in a continuum, not binary choices.

So, you're exhausted, which means you may remain lucid during that period of transition from waking to sleeping and visa versa... no need for a light source at all. The brain is more than capable of creating a light-show when exhausted... heck, it doesn't even take that much.

In the end, while it sounds bizarre, it's quite normal, if not entirely common.

I must say that I also had a similar experience last year. I was at home with two of my friends ... we were hanging as usual and one minute they decided to go out for some the fresh air, I decided to stay in the house for a while .. but eventually I got bored and joined them outside ... they were sitting at a table, talking ... It was a beautiful night, it was pretty dark but you could see the stars.. I sat beside one my friends, looking at him, they countinued talking and I wasnt quite there with them ... I was looking at the sky, observing the stars and my friend, feeling good and after a while I could saw a white, sort of bright but fading light around my friend (head and shoulders I think) just couple of inches above, not too much ... I didnt know what it was, I was just staring and wondering ... didnt even tell them... but then it completely faded away.. so I would be interested if anybody could explain what could that be ...
I think its just an illusion ...

Last edited:
sean1202 said:
Cool story but it's either fake or your husband is playing a prank on you, after all how would he wake up from you moving your arms over him? Unless your accidentally smashing him over the head or bashing against the wall, I see this as extremely unlikely.

You can't just get up and wave your arms around without shaking the bed. Also, since the husband presumably went to bed at the same time as the wife, it's not too much to believe that he would wake up at a similar time.

DrummingAtom said:
The next day, he found out that that co worker was hit and killed by a car.. which is the strangest part of all.

I'll be honest: if that happened to me, I'd be freaked out beyond belief. That said, maybe his sleep deprivation delayed his reaction and made him unable to prevent the crash?

Hi,
I found AlberthaDavid's description of a soft light rather interesting. I actually was looking online for someone who had had a similar experience to mine. In my case I am divorced and so I sleep alone. Twice early one morning before the sun began to come up I woke up and noticed a soft white light coming over what I thought was my head. The first time I looked behind me, because I had two battery operated lights attached to either side of my head on the wall, that I could turn on for reading. One of those lights, had on several occasions been bumped and came on, waking me up. They were not on. When I laid back down and looked forward into the darkness the soft white light was still there. In both cases this lasted only a few seconds and the light slowly dimmed until I could no longer see it. In thinking about it I could not tell where the light was coming from. It just seemed to be there, and then slowly disappeared.

I have cataracts and experienced the stated experience.

nibiru2012a said:
Hi,
I found AlberthaDavid's description of a soft light rather interesting. I actually was looking online for someone who had had a similar experience to mine. In my case I am divorced and so I sleep alone. Twice early one morning before the sun began to come up I woke up and noticed a soft white light coming over what I thought was my head. The first time I looked behind me, because I had two battery operated lights attached to either side of my head on the wall, that I could turn on for reading. One of those lights, had on several occasions been bumped and came on, waking me up. They were not on. When I laid back down and looked forward into the darkness the soft white light was still there. In both cases this lasted only a few seconds and the light slowly dimmed until I could no longer see it. In thinking about it I could not tell where the light was coming from. It just seemed to be there, and then slowly disappeared.

Your username is... telling...

lostcauses10x said:
I have cataracts and experienced the stated experience.

That could be an interesting and reasonable explanation.

Is the light is blinking at irregular intervals??I am from India and I have seen a thing like this along with my relatives. It was moving in the darkness with a white glow, on a tree. The light was similar to the evening star at horizon. I am checking whether there are insects/animals that has these property. Is there is any scientific clarification for this?? Please tell me...

Pradeep.

<h2>1. What causes the light to glow around my spouse in a dark room?</h2><p>The glow around your spouse is caused by a phenomenon called bioluminescence. This occurs when living organisms, such as bacteria or fungi, emit light through a chemical reaction within their cells.</p><h2>2. Is this glow harmful to my spouse or myself?</h2><p>No, the light emitted by bioluminescent organisms is typically very low in intensity and poses no harm to humans. In fact, some researchers believe that exposure to bioluminescence can have positive effects on mood and overall well-being.</p><h2>3. Can this glow be seen in all dark rooms?</h2><p>The visibility of the glow depends on the concentration and type of bioluminescent organisms present. Some may only emit a faint glow, while others may produce a brighter light. Additionally, the darkness of the room and the sensitivity of your eyes may also affect the visibility of the glow.</p><h2>4. Is this glow a sign of something supernatural?</h2><p>No, bioluminescence is a natural occurrence and has a scientific explanation. It is not a sign of anything supernatural or paranormal.</p><h2>5. Can I recreate this glow artificially?</h2><p>Yes, it is possible to recreate the glow artificially by using bioluminescent organisms or chemicals. However, it is important to note that these substances may not be readily available and should be handled with caution.</p>

1. What causes the light to glow around my spouse in a dark room?

The glow around your spouse is caused by a phenomenon called bioluminescence. This occurs when living organisms, such as bacteria or fungi, emit light through a chemical reaction within their cells.

2. Is this glow harmful to my spouse or myself?

No, the light emitted by bioluminescent organisms is typically very low in intensity and poses no harm to humans. In fact, some researchers believe that exposure to bioluminescence can have positive effects on mood and overall well-being.

3. Can this glow be seen in all dark rooms?

The visibility of the glow depends on the concentration and type of bioluminescent organisms present. Some may only emit a faint glow, while others may produce a brighter light. Additionally, the darkness of the room and the sensitivity of your eyes may also affect the visibility of the glow.

4. Is this glow a sign of something supernatural?

No, bioluminescence is a natural occurrence and has a scientific explanation. It is not a sign of anything supernatural or paranormal.

5. Can I recreate this glow artificially?

Yes, it is possible to recreate the glow artificially by using bioluminescent organisms or chemicals. However, it is important to note that these substances may not be readily available and should be handled with caution.