Top High-Paying Careers with Minimal Work Hours: Earn $200K+ a Year

• Thread starter kant
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Career
In summary, a career as a contract killer or analytical chemist has a high income potential, but the lifestyle is very short-lived. A better option is to become the mistress of a top CEO, who is corrupt and willing to give you a job.
kant
what career/job requires the least about of work, and has a high income potential?

Ideally, i want to work approx 3 hours a day, and earn approx 200,000 (or higher) a year.

Physics news on Phys.org
kant said:
Ideally, i want to work approx 3 hours a day, and earn approx 200,000 (or higher) a year.
Be a contract killer. At 10k per hit, you only need to kill 20 people per year, or about 1 every two weeks.

Analytical chemistry might be for you too. You just put stuff into a machine and it tells you the answer. That's it.

I guess you better hurry up and start looking for that rich heiress to marry. Otherwise, keep dreaming. Salaries are generally proportional to the amount of responsibility you have...the more hours you spend sitting awake at night worrying about decisions you had to make at work that day, the more money you'll make...generally anyway.

Moonbear said:
I guess you better hurry up and start looking for that rich heiress to marry. Otherwise, keep dreaming. Salaries are generally proportional to the amount of responsibility you have...the more hours you spend sitting awake at night worrying about decisions you had to make at work that day, the more money you'll make...generally anyway.
According to the higher up people I've talked to, your success is based on how eager you are to learn new things. One lab supervisor (for a company, not school) said she came to her job willing to learn what the company wanted to teach her, that means things like seminars and courses, while everybody else was stuck wanting to stay with routine. Within 3 years she was in charge of people who had worked there for 20 years.

kant said:
what career/job requires the least about of work, and has a high income potential?

I, and everyone else in the world, have been searching for a job like that since I turned working age. If there is one, it's the best job in the world and it's taken.

fasterthanjoao said:
I, and everyone else in the world, have been searching for a job like that since I turned working age. If there is one, it's the best job in the world and it's taken.
My ex husband had that job for a few years, seriously, then an auditor came in and asked why he was on the payroll. He got laid off. :biggrin:

Moonbear said:
Nix the rich heiress. That would be a 24-hour a day job.

Become the mistress of a top CEO corrupt enough to put you on the corporate payroll. Having a family, he/she won't take up more than 3 hours per day of your time and the stress level would probably be pretty low as well (while top executives could get fired or maybe even go to jail for that type of thing, the mistress/gigolo would just get a book/movie deal).

BobG said:
Nix the rich heiress. That would be a 24-hour a day job.
Become the mistress of a top CEO corrupt enough to put you on the corporate payroll. Having a family, he/she won't take up more than 3 hours per day of your time and the stress level would probably be pretty low as well (while top executives could get fired or maybe even go to jail for that type of thing, the mistress/gigolo would just get a book/movie deal).
I stand corrected. Much better plan. :approve:

Shawn, there is some truth to what you've been told, because by taking the initiative to advance your training, you're also making it possible to take on more responsibility, which is what translates to promotions and higher pay. But, there's a limit too. If you're so busy taking training classes that you never get your actual job done, you're not going to go anywhere.

If you do find this job, please do not post it here. Instead send the job to me via private message :smile:

Gigolo...

TheStatutoryApe said:
Gigolo...
Yes, but for me, if I wanted to work 3 hours a day, I would need to have sex 180 times :smile:

kant said:

Cartel member.

Of course, your lifespan will be quite low.

Perhaps, i might open up a business for myself..

You should sell drugs.

Pickpocket. Spent rush hour on a train and you'll be good for the day.

Also good...

Lawsuit magnet: Fall - a lot. Typically requires some acting experience, though with your ambition and work ethic, I'm sure you'll pick it up quick.

edit: ooh, another one -

Purse snatcher. Go for the old ladies - it's easy to get the purse and there's no way they can chase you. Watch for tasers, mace, and surprisingly vicious poodles, though...

Become a Rockstar! You don't even have to be a good musician!

I am sure all of you have your own set of personal conviction about this matter. i must say, I expected the kinds of replies i got. Sure, such job preposition is not very likely, but it is not impossible, so what is the matter? If not a goal, it should serve has a higher standard for yourself. If i can buy a shirt for seven hundred dollars, while i know i can but it for twenty dollars else where, then i have made something of myself. if your standard is to superman, that s a different story.

If i can buy a shirt for seven hundred dollars, while i know i can but it for twenty dollars else where, then i have made something of myself.
Then the only thing you have made of yourself is stupid. I'll sell you my old shirts for 700 bucks. Then I have a bridge for you to buy too. Its prime real estate in brooklyn. You are a money whore.

Though seriously, why would you want to only work 3 hours a day? Are you expecting to hate your job? Perhaps if you focus on getting a job you'll enjoy, it'll be easier to work longer hours and make more money. If you're looking for a $300+/hr job that only requires 15 hrs a week, well then the past responses are as good as any. Become a pro-athelete or a popular musician. Of course, even those professions require more than 15 hrs/week.

Last edited by a moderator:
cyrusabdollahi said:
Then the only thing you have made of yourself is stupid. I'll sell you my old shirts for 700 bucks. Then I have a bridge for you to buy too. Its prime real estate in brooklyn. You are a money whore.

You miss my point. I did not invent that statement.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jelfish said:
Though seriously, why would you want to only work 3 hours a day? Are you expecting to hate your job?

Hmm... More security?

o... my words.. You kill my words...

1. What are some examples of top high-paying careers with minimal work hours?

Some examples of top high-paying careers with minimal work hours include consulting, real estate, and investment banking.

2. How much can I expect to earn in these types of careers?

In these types of careers, you can expect to earn upwards of $200,000 a year.

3. What do these careers typically involve?

These careers typically involve analyzing data, making strategic decisions, and managing projects.

4. Are there any specific qualifications or skills required for these careers?

Yes, most of these careers require a degree in a related field, such as business, finance, or economics. Additionally, strong analytical and problem-solving skills are necessary for success in these careers.

5. Is it possible to have a good work-life balance in these careers despite the high salary?

Yes, it is possible to have a good work-life balance in these careers. Many companies in these industries offer flexible work schedules and remote work options, allowing for more control over your time. However, it is important to note that these careers often involve high-pressure environments and may require occasional long hours or travel.