Do PF Members Participate in Private Conversations?

• Thread starter JasonRox
  • Start date
In summary, some people here know each other and some do not. Some people, including Jason, have met each other in person. Some people, including Moonbear, have given gifts to each other. Some people, including Evo, have tried to get each other's numbers, but have not been successful. Some people, including Jason, have tried to get each other's numbers, but have not been successful.
JasonRox
Homework Helper
Gold Member
This might sound like a private question obviously, but I'm curious to know who here takes part in private conversations with other members?

In precisely 8 days, I will be an active member of two years. :approve:

It seems silly to not actually know-know anyone here on PF. It doesn't bother me though because I still enjoy it here regardless. I do notice some people do know each other and its probably just through GD discussions, but who knows.

So, does anyone know-know each other on PF?

Just curious, I don't plan on hacking anyone's PM Inbox. :uhh:

Physics news on Phys.org
I PM with people quite alot, I think, and I know some do it much more than me.

I'll email you a text file containing all of danger's, evo's and moonbear's PMs

I used to send a bunch of pm's to MIH, Evo, and MB, but after that sexual harrassment case I decided I better stop.

JasonRox said:
This might sound like a private question obviously, but I'm curious to know who here takes part in private conversations with other members?

In precisely 8 days, I will be an active member of two years. :approve:

It seems silly to not actually know-know anyone here on PF. It doesn't bother me though because I still enjoy it here regardless. I do notice some people do know each other and its probably just through GD discussions, but who knows.

So, does anyone know-know each other on PF?

Just curious, I don't plan on hacking anyone's PM Inbox. :uhh:
I have met a number of people here that I consider dear friends, this would be the PF Sisterhood and someone from the brush shelter, among others I won't mention.

I'm open to meeting anyone. Jason, you seem so nice, I'd be happy to count you as a friend.

I pm all the time but rarely get any replies.
I've exchanged gifts with Moonbear, years ago. and I've talked with Gale on the phone several times.
I gave oral sex to jimmy p.
I've tried getting Evo's number but she won't give it to me.

tribdog said:
I've tried getting Evo's number but she won't give it to me.
I almost called you today, then I didn't.

mattmns said:
I used to send a bunch of pm's to MIH, Evo, and MB, but after that sexual harrassment case I decided I better stop.
If you stop harrassing me, I'll sue!:devil:

Evo said:
I have met a number of people here that I consider dear friends, this would be the PF Sisterhood and someone from the brush shelter, among others I won't mention.

I'm open to meeting anyone. Jason, you seem so nice, I'd be happy to count you as a friend.

Friends it is. :blushing:

I've actually met only one person online, and this was through a biking community I used to be part of. He was a good guy, so I guess my first and only time was a good experience.

Actually I've met three people in real life that I first me online. none here. had sex with all three, but that was many years ago.

I've PM'd a few people, sent cookies to a few (the real, baked, edible kind, not the computer kind), got Legos once, and met Zz in person at Disney.

Okay, let's not have Jason feeling left out. Everyone send him PMs until his inbox is full! :biggrin:

I used to send flirty PMs to some of the PF ladies but haven't been in the mood lately. Usually I just PM people when I have a question to ask or comment to make that would best be made privately.

There is another site that I used to frequent much more often and I met several people from there in person. Alot of the people on that site from around here were already friends anyway and we tried to have get togethers with as many people as had time so it was never really a nervous one on one thing. Well except for that one time...

I hardly ever use PM. I've had about 55 PMs since the (almost)1 year that I've been here. I haven't deleted one :approve: (except for the warning ones :uhh:)

yomamma said:
I hardly ever use PM. I've had about 55 PMs since the (almost)1 year that I've been here. I haven't deleted one :approve: (except for the warning ones :uhh:)

Warnings?

I've haven't had any warnings yet.

Sometimes I feel that I approached something in the wrong way, acted rude or what not, but I learn from my mistakes. It's never intentional though. Just sometimes things don't come out right online, but so far no one got offended, so I guess they we're never really bad posts to begin with.

I met that one person blahness(sp?) in real life after PMing him on here O__O

I never really PM members (though wouldn't complain if they PMed me).
Met Brewnog and Icvotria one time though :smile:

I pmed Jason, he still has yet to reply, no wonder he has no friends here :tongue2:

mattmns said:
I pmed Jason, he still has yet to reply, no wonder he has no friends here :tongue2:

I wasn't asking for friends. :tongue2:

I was just asking about how often the PM's are used.

I'll be e-mailing you later tonight though.:approve:

I don't PM people on here because I'm not a scientist. I think I've only gotten one PM on here.

CosminaPrisma said:
I don't PM people on here because I'm not a scientist. I think I've only gotten one PM on here.
There's only a handfull of authentic, working scientists around here. Don't let that stop you.

I've initiated PM's for every concievable reason: to ask a question, to compliment someone on a post they wrote I liked, to continue discussions that have gotten off-topic in a particular thread, to ask them something random like "What the hell does that weird symbol in your signature mean?" Once I PM'ed someone to tell them I thought their username was hysterically funny. Didn't hear back for two months when they finally figured out the PM system.

I know of someone on here who lives in my town and we chatted over IM a few times. However, no one has sent me cookies! (Hmm... isn't Valentine's Day tomorrow? Hint hint.)

While I never actually met anyone from PF, I do consider some members as good acquaintances, for example, I talked to Zz over IRC a number of times. I only PMed a few people since my stay, like Danger, russ_watters, Ivan Seeking, and some others. I PMed Evo once to ask her a personal question. ;)

In fact, Jason, I talked to you over MSN Messenger a few times. I don't log on that anymore but I use AIM everyday. If anyone wants to be my friend, PM me!

Ivan and I met through PF. It turns out that we live about 15mi apart, and can travel between our homes on back roads without hitting a single stop light. We do have to cross a Interstate freeway (on a no access overpass) and a local highway. We have become quite good friends in real life, lots of common interests and are quite compatiable. We get together with some regularity (several times a month).

well i met whozum obviously, i also met a member named rockazella who lived near me ages ago. i also talk to a bunch of people on aim, and i pm a little bit, but my box is too small. i get pms from random members a lot. I've gotten a few from girls i helped in homework section asking how I've done in school and all that. also, MIH rocks my world and sent me my first care package ever!

I used to get quite a few PMs from people complimenting me on my posts. I'd say thanks and that would be it. Thankfully, I don't get many complaint PMs, but I seem to be a rarity amongst the mentors for that. The only person I've ever had any extended conversation with was Evo, but she does that with everybody. She's the friendly one, not I.

I have no real interest in meeting people, but if anyone's in the Santa Rosa area and wants to drop by, feel free. Swerve and I aren't the greatest hosts, but we're great people to talk to.

If anyone is feeling lonely and want some PM's, I'll send you some of mine, especially the ones I get after I delete their threads, or send them warning points.

:)

Zz.

I'm not feeling lonely but I guess they could be very funny!
So yes please...:biggrin::uhh:

1. Do PF members have access to private conversations?

Yes, PF members can participate in private conversations with other members. These conversations are not visible to non-members or the general public.

2. How do I start a private conversation with another PF member?

To start a private conversation, you can go to the member's profile page and click on the "Message" button. This will open a private conversation window where you can send messages back and forth.

3. Are private conversations moderated by PF staff?

No, private conversations are not moderated by PF staff. However, members are expected to follow the community guidelines and any violation may result in consequences.

4. Can I invite multiple PF members to a private conversation?

Yes, you can add multiple PF members to a private conversation by clicking on the "Add Participants" button in the conversation window and selecting the members you want to invite.

5. Are private conversations secure on PF?

Private conversations on PF are encrypted and can only be accessed by the members involved in the conversation. However, it is important to exercise caution and not share sensitive information in these conversations.