Did anyone else experience password changes and server issues?

• Thread starter Mk
  • Start date
In summary, the individual's password was changed without their knowledge, causing them to have to get a new one. They are unhappy about this and also unhappy that the servers were down. They ask if anyone else has experienced this issue and someone responds that their password has not been changed. Another person suggests that the account may have been hacked. The individual then mentions that they occasionally receive a message to change their password and they believe it was a server error or data issue.
Mk
Now, I know I did not change my password, but it was changed, and I had to get a new one. I'm unhappy. I was also unhappy that the servers were down. Anybody else have this problem?

Physics news on Phys.org
Mk said:
Now, I know I did not change my password, but it was changed, and I had to get a new one. I'm unhappy. I was also unhappy that the servers were down. Anybody else have this problem?
Nope, my password hasn't been changed since the last 4 months.
Is there any chance that your account was hacked? :uhh:

Once in a while a message comes up telling me that I need to change my password.

If you suspect that someone else is trying to use your account without your permission, please contact me immediately.

- Warren

Thanks, I'm thinking it was a server error or some data got messed up. Everything is dandy. :smile:

1. Why was my password changed?

There could be a few reasons why your password was changed. It could have been changed by you, if you had forgotten your previous password and went through the process of resetting it. It could also have been changed by someone else who had access to your account and wanted to secure it. Additionally, some websites or systems may have a policy of regularly changing passwords for security purposes.

2. I didn't change my password, what should I do?

If you did not change your password and suspect that it was changed by someone else, it is important to take action immediately. You should try to reset your password as soon as possible and enable any other security measures available, such as two-factor authentication. You should also reach out to the website or system's customer support team to report the unauthorized change.

3. Can I get my old password back?

No, it is not possible to retrieve your old password once it has been changed. This is for security purposes as passwords are encrypted and cannot be accessed by anyone, including the website or system's administrators. It is important to regularly change your passwords for security reasons and to use unique and strong passwords for each account.

4. How can I prevent my password from being changed without my permission?

To prevent your password from being changed without your permission, it is important to regularly monitor your accounts for any unusual activity. Enable two-factor authentication if it is available and use strong and unique passwords for each account. It is also important to not share your password with anyone and to be cautious of phishing scams that may try to obtain your password.

5. Will my account be safe after my password was changed?

Changing your password can help to secure your account, but it is important to take additional measures to ensure the safety of your account. This includes regularly checking for any unusual activity, using strong passwords and enabling two-factor authentication if possible. You should also report any unauthorized changes or suspicious activity to the website or system's customer support team.