Help in working of capacitor & inductor

In summary: Ah, I understand. I was having enough trouble decoding the OP's question that I didn't notice the "texting" shorthands. In general we discourage texting shorthand notation, since posts here on the PF are generally made with a computer with a full keyboard.
rajeshrocks_24
please help me in working of capacitor wen we apply sin wave to capacitor in closed circuit&
and also resonance physically not mathematically all the above

Engineering news on Phys.org
Umm, no offense, but have you ever tried to read your own post?

verafloyd said:

I'm guessing that English is not the language that they usually use. We need to be accommodating of everybody, regardless of how good their English is. As long as they are making an effort to communicate the best that they can, we should do what we can to help them.

verafloyd said:

I'm guessing that English is not the language that they usually use. We need to be accommodating of everybody, regardless of how good their English is. As long as they are making an effort to communicate the best that they can, we should do what we can to help them.

rajeshrocks_24 said:
please help me in working of capacitor wen we apply sin wave to capacitor in closed circuit&
and also resonance physically not mathematically all the above

Welcome to the PF. Have you read through the explanations of capacitors in this nearby thread here in the EE forum?

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=122716

You can also do more reading about inductors and capacitors and resonance at wikipedia.org

After you have done that background reading (and perhaps more reading in your textbook), please feel free to ask specific questions if you still have some confusion.

i think he wants to know/explanation what happens to a capacitor when a sinusoidal input is applied in closed circuit as well as its relationship to resonance? More of an understanding explanation rather than mathematical proof.
?

berkeman said:

Neither mine (that's obvious I believe :) ). I'm not criticising his level of English as typing "please" instead of "please" wouldn't require any particular skill.

verafloyd said:
Neither mine (that's obvious I believe :) ). I'm not criticising his level of English as typing "please" instead of "please" wouldn't require any particular skill.

Ah, I understand. I was having enough trouble decoding the OP's question that I didn't notice the "texting" shorthands. In general we discourage texting shorthand notation, since posts here on the PF are generally made with a computer with a full keyboard.

What is a capacitor and how does it work?

A capacitor is an electronic component that stores electrical energy in the form of an electric field. It is made up of two conductive plates separated by an insulating material called a dielectric. When a voltage is applied across the plates, an electric field is created, causing the capacitor to store charge. The amount of charge stored is directly proportional to the capacitance of the capacitor.

How does a capacitor help in the working of electronic circuits?

Capacitors are used in electronic circuits for a variety of purposes, including filtering out unwanted signals, smoothing out voltage fluctuations, and providing temporary power during high-demand periods. They can also be used to store energy for later use, such as in flash cameras or defibrillators. Overall, capacitors play a crucial role in ensuring the proper functioning of electronic circuits.

What is an inductor and how does it work?

An inductor is an electronic component that stores energy in the form of a magnetic field. It is made up of a coil of wire, which acts as a conductor, and a core, which is typically made of a ferromagnetic material. When current flows through the coil, a magnetic field is created, which stores energy. The amount of energy stored is directly proportional to the inductance of the inductor.

How does an inductor help in the working of electronic circuits?

Inductors are used in electronic circuits to control the flow of current. They can be used to filter out high-frequency signals, store energy, and create oscillating circuits. They are also commonly used in power supplies, motors, and transformers. In general, inductors help to regulate and stabilize the flow of electricity in electronic circuits.

What is the relationship between capacitors and inductors in electronic circuits?

Capacitors and inductors have opposite effects on the flow of electricity. While capacitors store energy in an electric field, inductors store energy in a magnetic field. This means that they can be used together in electronic circuits to complement each other and create specific effects. For example, a capacitor and an inductor can be combined to create a resonant circuit, which can amplify or filter certain frequencies of signals.