Hey I really NEed help ( for my finals)

• Thread starter rmvdl100
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Finals Hey
In summary, the conversation discusses a problem involving a police officer chasing a speeding motorist. The problem requires the use of equations of motion to determine the time it takes for the police officer to reach the car, the maximum speed of the officer, the distance traveled by both vehicles when the officer reaches the car, and the distance it takes for the car to come to a stop. The conversation also mentions the need to show work and be careful with units and signs of acceleration.
rmvdl100
hey i have finals tomoro and i have to make a poster out of this problem ..
but i can even do this problem ..i v tried it tho.

QUESTION...
A police officer is sitting at the side of the road on a motorbike with the engine running, monitoring motorist's speeds with a speed gun. The speedlimit is 100 km/h. A motorist passes the police officer at 120 km/h and as the car passes, the police officer starts from rest and chases the motorist with uniform accelaration of 3 m/s^2.
A) How long does it take for the police officer to reach the car?
B) What is the maximum speed of the police offficer?
C) What is the distance travvled by the two vehilcles, when the police officer reaches the car.
D) What distance does it take for the car to come to a stop?
E) Skatch a velocity time graph of the motion of the two vehicles on the same set of axes.

i have the answers but i don't know how he got them ? i need to show my work .:(

a 200/9 s
b 200/3 m/s
c 20000/27 m
d depends how you want to do deceleration
e time on x velocity on y, car is flat line at y=120
bike is parabola y=3x^2

please help out thx

Physics news on Phys.org
pleasezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

There are three equation sof motion
v = u + at
v^2 = u^2 + 2as
s = ut + 1/2 at^2
Where v=final velocity, u=initial velocity, s=distance t=time a=accelration.

Most of these questions consist of picking which equations you have most of the values for, writing the equation for both objects then setting the equations equal to each other.
Be careful to use the same units and in questions about rising and falling objects be careful about the sign of accelration.

What are the most effective study methods for finals?

Some effective study methods for finals include creating a study schedule, organizing study materials, actively engaging with the material through note-taking and practice questions, and taking breaks to avoid burnout.

How can I manage my time and stress during finals week?

To manage time and stress during finals week, it is important to prioritize tasks, set realistic goals, and practice self-care. This can include taking breaks, getting enough sleep, and seeking support from friends, family, or a counselor.

What are some tips for staying focused while studying for finals?

To stay focused while studying for finals, it can be helpful to eliminate distractions such as turning off your phone or finding a quiet study space. Additionally, breaking up study sessions into smaller chunks and using active learning strategies can aid in maintaining focus.

How can I prepare for different types of finals, such as essays or exams?

To prepare for different types of finals, it is important to review the material thoroughly and understand the format and expectations for each type of exam. For essays, it can be helpful to practice writing and outlining essays beforehand. For exams, practicing with past exams or review questions can be beneficial.

What should I do if I am struggling with a specific subject for finals?

If you are struggling with a specific subject for finals, it is important to seek help from your teacher, tutor, or classmates. You can also try to find additional resources, such as online tutorials or study groups, to better understand the material. It is important to address any struggles early on and not wait until the last minute to seek help.