Reviewing Engineering Mechanics: Statics by Hibbeler - Is it Worth the Hype?

In summary, there is mixed feedback on the book "Engineering Mechanics: Statics" by Hibbeler. Some reviewers found the 10th edition lacking in examples, but there are not many reviews for the 11th edition. However, some individuals who have used the book found it to be good and even thought it had the best illustrations. Overall, opinions on the book seem to vary.
hs-student
Has anyone tried engineering mechanics: statics by hibbeler? Is this a good book?
From the reviews on the 10th edition people said that it lacked examples. But there aren't many reviews on the 11th edition?

Engineering news on Phys.org
hs-student said:
Has anyone tried engineering mechanics: statics by hibbeler? Is this a good book?
From the reviews on the 10th edition people said that it lacked examples. But there aren't many reviews on the 11th edition?

That was my text back when i took statics, i found it pretty good. Certainly no striking lack of examples.

I used Hibbler for both statics and dynamics (6th ed. I believe). I thought it had the best illustrations around. Pretty good books IMO.

1. What topics are covered in this statics book?

The topics covered in this statics book may vary, but common topics include vectors, forces, equilibrium, moments, trusses, frames, and friction. It may also cover basic concepts such as free body diagrams and Newton's laws.

2. Is this statics book suitable for beginners?

It depends on the level of difficulty and depth of the book. Some statics books are written for beginners with little to no prior knowledge, while others may require a basic understanding of mathematics and physics. It is best to check the book's description or reviews to determine if it is suitable for beginners.

3. Does this statics book include practice problems?

Many statics books include practice problems at the end of each chapter or section. However, the number and complexity of the problems may vary. It is important to check the book's contents or reviews to see if it includes practice problems.

4. Are there any online resources or supplements included with this statics book?

Some statics books may provide access to online resources or supplements such as solution manuals, videos, or interactive quizzes. However, not all books offer these resources, so it is best to check the book's description or reviews to see if any supplements are included.

5. Is this statics book current and relevant to today's industry?

Statics is a fundamental subject in engineering and is constantly evolving. It is important to check the publication date and edition of the book to ensure it is up-to-date with current industry standards. Additionally, you can also check the author's credentials and reviews to determine the book's relevance and applicability in today's industry.