C++ (Borland builder 4) question

• C/C++
  • Thread starter Techcom_dude
  • Start date
  • Tags
    C++
In summary, the conversation is about a thread in a physics forum where the individual is seeking help on using the timer in Borland Builder 4 C++ for a 2D orbit simulation. They plan to move a blue circle around a yellow circle by calculating its new position and using the timer to redraw it continuously. They are advised to use the Timer API and resources from "theForger's win32 tutorials online" and given suggestions for functions to use in their code.
Techcom_dude
Hello

I just read a thread in the physics forums (it might be out of date) but it is about a 2d orbit simulation and I am trying to do the same thing my question is not about the physics or the math but instead how do I use the timer in Borland Buidler 4 C++?

my plan is this I start with a big yellow circle in the middle and a little blue circle next to it and I want the blue one to move around the yellow one. I am doing this is a cheap way first the blue circle has it's initial position and then I am going to calculate it's new position and move it by first drawing another circle at that position that is the same color as that back ground and then redraw the blue one at the new positions and do it over and over.

I just don't know how to use the timer

thanks

Technology news on Phys.org
I use Borland C/C++ but not the builder. I expect the libraries to be reasonably close.
Try difftime(t1,t2) which returns the difference in time as a double.
t1 and t2 can be registered at different times using time().
difftime and time are both ANSI functions, so should present no problem.

1. What is C++ (Borland builder 4)?

C++ (Borland builder 4) is a programming language and development environment used for creating software applications. It is an extension of the C programming language and is commonly used for developing high-performance applications.

2. What are the features of C++ (Borland builder 4)?

C++ (Borland builder 4) has many features that make it a popular choice for software development, including object-oriented programming, efficient memory management, and a large standard library of functions and data types. It also supports multiple programming paradigms, such as procedural, functional, and generic programming.

3. How is C++ (Borland builder 4) different from other versions of C++?

C++ (Borland builder 4) is a specific version of C++ created by the company Borland. It includes its own integrated development environment (IDE) and compiler, which may have different features and updates compared to other versions of C++. It also has its own set of libraries and tools that are unique to Borland builder 4.

4. What are the system requirements for using C++ (Borland builder 4)?

The minimum system requirements for using C++ (Borland builder 4) include a Windows operating system (such as Windows 95, 98, or NT), at least 16 MB of RAM, and 50 MB of available hard drive space. However, it is recommended to have a faster processor and more memory for optimal performance.

5. Can C++ (Borland builder 4) programs be run on different platforms?

Yes, C++ (Borland builder 4) programs can be compiled and run on different platforms, including Windows, Mac, and Linux. However, the code may need to be adjusted and recompiled for each specific platform, as the compiler and libraries may differ. Additionally, some features may not be available on all platforms.