Troubleshooting Cursor Issues on Toshiba Satellite A300 - 15M

In summary, the user has a problem with the pointing device or mouse connected to their Toshiba Satellite A300 - 15M. When they move the cursor above any icon, it selects it as if they had clicked on it. If they click the icon once, it also opens as if they had double clicked it. Additionally, the icon's name is underlined when it is selected. The user thinks it might be related to the mouse setting, but does not find anything to change.
hazim
I have a problem with the pointing device or any external mouse connected to my Toshiba Satellite A300 - 15M. I use windows vista. When I just move the cursor above any icon, it selects it as if I clicked on it! and if I clicked the icon once, it opens as if I double clicked it! Also when the icon is selected, it's name becomes underlined... I thought it's related to the mouse setting, I looked for it but I didn't find anything to change...
Any help?

Computer science news on Phys.org
Sounds like the left button is pressed down - either a bad contact in the mouse or a seriously bad driver.

No, as I said above.. for sure it's not pressed or it's broken... It seems like a change in setting happened

Step 1
Click on the "My Computer" icon on the desktop. Allow the screen to come up showing all of the drives on the computer.
Step 2
Double click on the "C" drive or whichever drive that you want the folders to open with one click. The window that opens will show all of the folders on that drive.
Step 3
Navigate your mouse to the top of the open windows and click on "Tools." You should see a text line for "Folder option." Click on the text.
Step 4
Look on the new window screen that pops up. You should see a number of options. At the bottom of the screen should be the options for "Single click" or "Double click" for click items. Select the "Double click" option.
Step 5
Click "Apply" at the bottom of the screen to save your preferences. You should now be able to open any folder on that drive with a double click.

Дьявол said:
Step 1
Click on the "My Computer" icon on the desktop. Allow the screen to come up showing all of the drives on the computer.
Step 2
Double click on the "C" drive or whichever drive that you want the folders to open with one click. The window that opens will show all of the folders on that drive.
Step 3
Navigate your mouse to the top of the open windows and click on "Tools." You should see a text line for "Folder option." Click on the text.
Step 4
Look on the new window screen that pops up. You should see a number of options. At the bottom of the screen should be the options for "Single click" or "Double click" for click items. Select the "Double click" option.
Step 5
Click "Apply" at the bottom of the screen to save your preferences. You should now be able to open any folder on that drive with a double click.

This is it.. Thank you very much Дьявол

1. How do I fix a frozen cursor on my Toshiba Satellite A300 - 15M?

There are a few possible solutions for a frozen cursor on a Toshiba Satellite A300 - 15M. First, try restarting the computer. If that doesn't work, check for any updates for your touchpad drivers. You can also try adjusting the touchpad sensitivity in the control panel. If none of these solutions work, there may be a hardware issue with the touchpad and it may need to be replaced.

2. Why is my cursor moving erratically on my Toshiba Satellite A300 - 15M?

A common cause of an erratic cursor is a dirty touchpad. Try cleaning the touchpad with a damp cloth and see if that improves the cursor movement. If the problem persists, it could be a software issue, so make sure your touchpad drivers are up to date. In some cases, a loose or damaged touchpad cable can also cause erratic cursor movement.

3. How do I disable the touchpad on my Toshiba Satellite A300 - 15M?

To disable the touchpad on a Toshiba Satellite A300 - 15M, you can use the Fn+F9 key combination. This will toggle the touchpad on and off. You can also disable it permanently by going into the control panel and finding the touchpad settings. If you are using an external mouse, you may want to disable the touchpad to avoid accidental cursor movement.

4. Why isn't my cursor responding to touch on my Toshiba Satellite A300 - 15M?

If your cursor is not responding to touch on your Toshiba Satellite A300 - 15M, it could be due to a damaged touchpad. If this is the case, the touchpad may need to be replaced. Another possible cause could be a software issue, so make sure your touchpad drivers are up to date. You can also try adjusting the touchpad sensitivity in the control panel.

5. How do I calibrate the touchpad on my Toshiba Satellite A300 - 15M?

To calibrate the touchpad on a Toshiba Satellite A300 - 15M, go to the control panel and find the touchpad settings. From there, you can adjust the sensitivity and other settings to your liking. If you are experiencing any issues with the touchpad, such as erratic movement or unresponsiveness, recalibrating it may help improve its performance.