Support PF: Buy your textbooks here

In summary, Physics Forums has opened an affiliate account with Amazon.com. This will allow them to receive 5-7% of any purchase you make. This is a nice way to help out and save money on your school textbooks.
Greg Bernhardt said:
Anyone as long as it's within the amazon URL :). Thanks!

Thanks purchased my textbooks. Maybe edit the first post to state this? Will probally clear a misconceptoon regarding qualification of purchases and increase more mony for PF.

Physics news on Phys.org
Stupid question: Does this also work for orders via Amazon in Germany? Then, of course, I'll order via the physicsforums link :-).

vanhees71 said:
Stupid question: Does this also work for orders via Amazon in Germany? Then, of course, I'll order via the physicsforums link :-).

Same question here.

Amazon recently launched itself in India and I will be buying a few books in the coming months.

Yes any amazon link originating from PF :) you can click on the .com link and then switch to your county.

Likes 1 person
I didn't know about this. Perhaps you should consider putting this in the "notices" box at strategic* times?

*i.e., summer and winter

I often buy things on amazon.com. How to do?

Excellent, I'm just getting ready to buy my textbooks. I will purchase them via Amazon/PF.

Does this also work with the German Amazon?

Greg Bernhardt said:
Physics Forums has opened an affiliate account with Amazon.com

6% of any purchase you make is sent to Physics Forums. Think about buying your school textbooks and materials this way.

Just click this link and the tracking system will register that PF sent you. Thanks!

https://www.amazon.com/?tag=pfamazon01-20 or https://www.amazon.com/?tag=pfamazon01-20 or http://www.ebay.com

I am about to buy some books on Amazon, so this is the chance to support the forum!

Should I click the link you mentioned?... just like that?

Last edited by a moderator:
How about for Canada? :)

I made a $350 order from Amazon.ca a month ago, I wish I had seen this! :frown:

Likes Greg Bernhardt
KSG4592 said:
I made a $350 order from Amazon.ca a month ago, I wish I had seen this! :frown:
Next time! I'l have to remind earlier :smile:

Would it be okay to buy a nonfiction book about something factual (like computer science) but have the intent of studying it as a subject not offered by school and mention Physics Forums?

Rio Larsen said:
Would it be okay to buy a nonfiction book about something factual (like computer science) but have the intent of studying it as a subject not offered by school and mention Physics Forums?
You can buy whatever you want. :)

Likes RooksAndBooks
Whether these offers work on Indian Shopping Portals?

i.physics said:
Whether these offers work on Indian Shopping Portals?
I'm afraid not :frown:

I have a question. For this site to receive proceeds from a purchase on Amazon, do I have to buy the book from Amazon directly? Ie. sold by amazon or can I buy a book from any member that is listed on Amazon?

MidgetDwarf said:
I have a question. For this site to receive proceeds from a purchase on Amazon, do I have to buy the book from Amazon directly? Ie. sold by amazon or can I buy a book from any member that is listed on Amazon?
Yes anything listed on Amazon. Thanks!

deluks917 said:
Next semester fall 2011 I'll buy my books through this (about 400 dollars).

Heh heh. You either made a typo, or you are a much better physicist than you let on and you have a time machine that let's you go to school 4 years ago.

Likes Greg Bernhardt
How long does it take PF to get its money from this?

Reminder this opportunity works for your xmas shopping too :)

Likes RooksAndBooks
I've been buying things from smile.amazon.com because that way Amazon donates a tiny percentage to a nonprofit of my choosing as long as it's an amazon-affiliated organization. I'll consider purchasing thru PF's account. Maybe in turn with smile. Oh, and I'll definitely buy way more from amazon because it's advertised on the PF.

Last edited:
Likes Greg Bernhardt
I am going to order through here next time :smile:

Likes Greg Bernhardt
Bought some books. Hope it got through.
dV6kuTv.png

JdO0CYq.png

w3Te6WN.png

Likes Greg Bernhardt