Air purification cleaner type?

• Thread starter pokk
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Air Type
These are also very good for smells - my dog likes to sleep in the room with my Bearded Dragons, and it keeps the smell down very well.In summary, a good electrostatic filter can remove dust from the air and an activated carbon filter is effective in removing organic molecules and odors.
pokk
What configuration air cleaner will clean phenols out of the air? Just read where CFL bulbs emit phenols...thanx

Chemistry news on Phys.org
Oy.

I googled that and managed not to die laughing at seeing some of the references [/irony]. If one wants to be pedantic, everything can kill you (see companion thread on that subject: https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?p=3413462#post3413462 ). Unless you wear a safety harness when walking up and down stairs, you shouldn't be considering buying an air purifier to keep you safe from CFL lamps.

Last edited:
thanx. Cousin is asthmatic & just had a close call so I'm asking.

pokk said:
thanx. Cousin is asthmatic & just had a close call so I'm asking.

I would think that asthmatics are much more affected by dust than anything else, which is mostly pieces of clothing, dead skin, etc., unless there is a specific allergy to the molecule in question, perhaps.

A good electrostatic filter system will take care of dust - I use a Hoover Silent Air 4000 in my home office to get rid of dust. Keeps my lungs and my 2 Bearded Dragons happy.

The best way to get rid of organic molecules is to use an activated carbon filter system of some sort.

There are several types of air purification cleaners that can effectively remove phenols from the air. One option is a carbon-based air purifier, also known as an activated carbon filter. These filters are made of porous carbon material that can trap and remove volatile organic compounds (VOCs) like phenols from the air.

Another option is a High Efficiency Particulate Air (HEPA) filter, which can also effectively remove phenols from the air. HEPA filters are made of densely packed fibers that can trap tiny particles, including VOCs, as small as 0.3 microns.

It is important to note that while CFL bulbs may emit some phenols, the amount is relatively small and the risk of exposure is low. However, if you are concerned about the presence of phenols in your indoor air, investing in an air purifier with a carbon or HEPA filter can help improve air quality and reduce your exposure. Additionally, regularly ventilating your home and avoiding the use of harsh chemicals can also help reduce the presence of phenols in the air.

1. How does an air purification cleaner work?

An air purification cleaner works by drawing in air from the surrounding environment and passing it through a series of filters and/or other technologies to remove contaminants such as dust, pollen, and pollutants. The cleaner then releases clean, purified air back into the room.

2. What types of pollutants can an air purification cleaner remove?

An air purification cleaner can remove a variety of pollutants, including dust, pollen, pet dander, smoke, mold spores, and other harmful particles. Some cleaners also have the ability to remove volatile organic compounds (VOCs) and other chemicals from the air.

3. Are there any potential health benefits of using an air purification cleaner?

Yes, there are potential health benefits of using an air purification cleaner. By removing pollutants from the air, it can help reduce allergy and asthma symptoms, improve respiratory health, and create a cleaner and more comfortable living environment.

4. How often do I need to replace the filters in an air purification cleaner?

The frequency of filter replacement depends on the type of air purification cleaner and the level of use. Generally, it is recommended to replace filters every 3-6 months to maintain optimal performance. However, some filters may need to be replaced more frequently, such as those designed for heavy-duty use or in environments with high levels of pollutants.

5. Can an air purification cleaner eliminate all pollutants from the air?

While an air purification cleaner can significantly reduce the number of pollutants in the air, it cannot eliminate all of them. Some pollutants, such as gases and odors, may require additional technologies or specific filters to be effectively removed. It is important to choose an air purification cleaner that is appropriate for your specific needs and environment.