The PF Not-So-Super Bowl Party

• Thread starter Moonbear
  • Start date
In summary, a group of people are hanging out and having a good time. They are not watching the Super Bowl. They are discussing football and other sports. There are some food items and drinks available.
Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Alright, I see there are others besides me here who are obviously doing what they should be doing on a Sunday evening...hanging out on PF and not watching some silly game where a bunch of grown men toss an oddly shaped ball around while running into each other.

So, the party's here! We've got the nachos, chips and dip, a tray of vegetables for those who insist on being healthy, pumpernickel bread and spinach dip, sausage and peppers, pizza, and Buffalo wings. Of course, to wash it all down, we've got beer (real beer, none of that wimpy Bud or Coors colored water stuff), wine, Grey Goose, Bacardi, and the assorted mixers (we raided the Suggestion Box bar).

Feel free to bring along anything we forgot. We've got a grill going if you want to toss anything on that.

All are invited, but no football or football talk allowed! :biggrin:

Physics news on Phys.org
Oooh, I've got my smoked almond/bacon/cream cheese spread and townhouse crackers.

I also brought my favorite Boulevard unfiltered wheat beer.

Ooh, yummy sounding spread! Good pick of beer too! Did you know if you go shopping about an hour before "that game" starts, the stores are almost empty? That's bad for me, because there was nobody in the way to stop me from browsing and buying stuff. :biggrin:

Mmm...sounds yummy! I like wheat beers, though usually think of them as a nice summer beverage. Otherwise, I prefer porters, stouts and IPAs. Though, when I was in Britain, there wasn't anything on tap I didn't like (I systematically worked my way through everything on tap in the one pub nearest the hotel; and then found a place with about 5 or 6 different hard ciders on tap! I couldn't even begin to work my way through those, but decided the cloudier looking, the better.) :biggrin:

Evo said:
For those poor souls that have never had a Boulevard unfiltered wheat, here's a site about it. http://www.mylifeisbeer.com/beer/bottles/bottledetail/570/

I LOVE WHEAT BEER! :tongue2: :biggrin: :tongue2: (or Heif Wisen in the old german tongue!)

Why do you do this to me Evol! :bugeye:

BTW, right now I am at superbowl central(ok it is down the road couple of miles from where I am) and I can't wait until it is all over. The local TV stations have been nothing buit superbowl this, superbowl that, and on and on! I'm so sick of the superbowl!

So pass me a wheat beer please and some wings if you could! :biggrin:

Sorry, I enjoy "good" bear. I have a 12 pack, so I have a couple I can share. :smile: <sticks bottle of wheat beer into polyb's computer>

Sends hot wings to Polyb's computer! Now, I make them really HOT, so make sure you've got that beer opened before you take a bite!

Great ! I can not stand football either ! :approve:

Here come a few bottles of french wine, to go with this french stinking cheeses I brought with me. (please do not mention these cheeses to any policeman friend of yours, they would not have cleared the customs :redface: Anyway, I'm sure you'll love them :biggrin:)

humanino said:
Great ! I can not stand football either ! :approve:

Here come a few bottles of french wine, to go with this french stinking cheeses I brought with me. (please do not mention these cheeses to any policeman friend of yours, they would not have cleared the customs :redface: Anyway, I'm sure you'll love them :biggrin:)
Oooh, I'll take some illegal smelly french cheese humanino. I just happen to have a baguette with me. :approve:

Phew! Stinky French cheese! :rofl: Wait, I'll bet those will go well on the crackers Evo brought and will accompany hot wings nicely. :rolleyes: :biggrin:

Oooo, yay, party! Beats the history paper I'm pretending to write... my roommate and I have decided that we're going to try to finish our respective papers in time for The Simpsons at 10pm. :approve:
So yep, if anyone wants Elfkins cookies, Goldfish, and a LOT of chocolate they're more then free to come over here and help themselves. Provided they have some spare BBQ wings they're willing to share... :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Oh, just saw Evo brought along a baguette, even better than crackers! :approve:

Ooh, Andromeda, I'll trade some wings for chocolate! :approve:

UUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHPPPPPPPPBBBB! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Thanks for the beer evo!

*bites wing, beigins to sweat profusely*
:biggrin: Oh those wings are perfect, they aren't any good unless they make you sweat! Thank you! :biggrin:

What about music ? We could make teams, each of them constituting a band. Can you sing or play anything ?!

Evo : you are so perfect, I forgot the bread. We do complete each other :approve:

Moonbear said:
Phew! Stinky French cheese! :rofl: Wait, I'll bet those will go well on the crackers Evo brought and will accompany hot wings nicely. :rolleyes: :biggrin:
After drinking enough wine, you won't smell the cheese anymore. :tongue: I have a bad cold anyway, I can't taste or smell anything tonight. :cry:

Yay for wings! :biggrin:
*throws some really awesome chocolate in Moonbear's direction*
*helps herself to some chocolate hoping that it'll help in writing about the sugar industry and the rise of capitalism*

Down with football and up with hockey!

I'm going to have to check if they sell that wheat beer in Canada, it sounds good.

Evo said:
After drinking enough wine, you won't smell the cheese anymore. :tongue: I have a bad cold anyway, I can't taste or smell anything tonight. :cry:

Well, then stinky cheese is just the thing.

Polyb, they're only making you sweat? Darn, then I must not have made them hot enough. Let me know if your lips start burning! That's the way I like them!

humanino said:
What about music ? We could make teams, each of them constituting a band. Can you sing or play anything ?!
I can't play anything, but I could sing (if I didn't have a code in by node :frown: )

I forgot the bread. We do complete each other :approve:
I'm beginning to wonder if you are really French...forgetting the bread! :wink:

humanino, I make great buffalo wings, you must try some. <tosses a few wings into humanino's computer> I don't make them too hot, but they are sooo good.

moonbear, give me some of yours, I need something with a bit of zing!

Where's tribdog? He isn't attempting to freeze more body parts is he?

Andromeda321 said:
Yay for wings! :biggrin:
*throws some really awesome chocolate in Moonbear's direction*

Mmpph phmph...yum! Thanks! Shoves wings into Andromeda's hard drive.

*helps herself to some chocolate hoping that it'll help in writing about the sugar industry and the rise of capitalism*

Undoubtedly! Chocolate is the world's best study aid! :approve:

Andromeda, what type of chocolate are you tossing? If it's dark, throw some my way please. :tongue2:

Evo, I've got a couple of those Dove dark chocolate hearts lying around. Catch!

Evo said:
moonbear, give me some of yours, I need something with a bit of zing!

*shoves hot wings into Evo's computer*

Where's tribdog? He isn't attempting to freeze more body parts is he?

:uhh: Could be. That's okay, now that you've dumped polyb, I can flirt with him while tribdog isn't around. All innocent flirting of course o:) ...at least until tribdog blows himself up with either butane or a mountain. :rolleyes:

Humanino, I can play guitar...badly (haven't played since I was a teenager). I've forgotten what notes go with what frets, but can at least still play enough so you get notes instead of "thunks" from not pressing the strings hard enough, just no guarantee of what notes they'll be. I can sing off-key too, but I make up for that by just singing louder. :biggrin:

***yum yum yum*** those wings are amazingly good ! maybe not spicy enough... np actually, there are all right !

I did not know buffalos could fly !

Moonbear, do not worry, we'll just pretend we play jazzy :wink:
Any pianist around ? I'll take the saxophone if someone plays the piano :biggrin:

Comm'on PF'ers, this party rocks now !

humanino said:
Moonbear, do not worry, we'll just pretend we play jazzy :wink:
Any pianist around ? I'll take the saxophone if someone plays the piano :biggrin:

Comm'on PF'ers, this party rocks now !

Oh, piano is easy, you just have to bang on the keys, right? :biggrin: If we're not too worried about what notes we're playing, anyone can play the piano for us. Okay, who's up for it? Don't worry, once we have a few more beers and French wine, everything we play will sound beautiful!

Okay, the PF Band is ready to ROCK!

music-smiley-019.gif
music-smiley-018.gif
music-smiley-006.gif

Moonbear said:
Okay, the PF Band is ready to ROCK!

music-smiley-019.gif
music-smiley-018.gif
music-smiley-006.gif

That's so cute!

I can play two finger piano. Quite well, actually, sometimes a thrid finger will kick in for the really difficult pieces. :rofl:

Am I late? Send me a few Wings, a beer, and where is that dip Evo mentioned? This sounds really good. I'll get to some of the Dove chocolate as soon as I wash down the extra hot wings with the wheat beer..

Maybe if I am real quite the wife won't realize that I am not working on the honey-do-list.

Integral said:
Am I late? Send me a few Wings, a beer, and where is that dip Evo mentioned? This sounds really good. I'll get to some of the Dove chocolate as soon as I wash down the extra hot wings with the wheat beer..

Of course you're not too late! The party's just getting started! *shoves wings and dip into Integral's computer* Evo has the wheat beer, and Andromeda has the chocolate.

Maybe if I am real quite the wife won't realize that I am not working on the honey-do-list.

With this band we've gotten started here, I doubt it'll be quiet for long! :biggrin:

Hey Integral! <shoves a few wings, wheat beer and smoked almond/bacon dip into Integral's computer>

(watch out for Moonbear's wings, I ate some 20 minutes ago and I still can't feel my lips) :bugeye:

Glad you could make it! Just mute your computer so the wife doesn't get suspicious! :biggrin:

Evo said:
Glad you could make it! Just mute your computer so the wife doesn't get suspicious! :biggrin:

Oh, but don't be too quiet, or she'll get really suspicious. Bump some stuff around every once in a while so it sounds like you're busy on that honey-do list. :biggrin:

Likes gracy
Back