Large building expert needed

• Thread starter physics2k
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Building
In summary, a team of experts, including structural engineers, architects, civil engineers, mechanical engineers, electrical engineers, and HVAC engineers, would be necessary for constructing buildings over 20 floors in height. While architects focus on layout and aesthetics, engineers are responsible for ensuring the building's stability and safety. It is recommended to consult with professionals in the local area for specific expertise in building construction.
physics2k
hi,

i assume this would be a structural engineer or an architect.

i assume that an architect would have to have a good understanding of physics, especially when designing large buildings.

i assume that there are regulations based on the historical performance of various construction techniques and that there are geographical variations.

what other disciplines would have the expertise to offer advice in the construction of buildings over 20 floors in height?

Engineering news on Phys.org
civil engineers, mechanical engineers specializing in building construction, electrical engineers for the electrical circuits, HVAC engineers -

You're going to want a team of people.

From my (fairly limited with this topic - it's been almost a decade since I last worked with them) experience, the architects plan the layouts to make sure the floorplans make sense and the building looks nice. The engineers make sure it won't fall down. An architect with a lot of relevant experience may have a 'gut feel' for it, but it will be an engineer or an engineering company which signs off on the design.

Thank you ever so much for your reply.
From your answer it seems that I'm looking for a mechanical engineer specializing in building construction.
I'm just at the consultation stage so I won't need the team just yet.

So where might I find a mechanical engineer on this board?

I'm a mechanical (HVAC) engineer, but if I were in your position I would contact someone in the industry in your local area.

I can say that there are several disciplines that would have the expertise to offer advice in the construction of buildings over 20 floors in height. These may include structural engineering, civil engineering, materials science, and geotechnical engineering. These disciplines all play a crucial role in understanding the structural integrity and performance of large buildings. Additionally, experts in fire safety, acoustics, and environmental sustainability may also be consulted for their expertise in ensuring the safety and functionality of these buildings. It is important to have a multidisciplinary approach when designing and constructing large buildings to ensure their success and longevity.

1. What is a large building expert?

A large building expert is a professional who has extensive knowledge and experience in the construction and maintenance of large buildings. They are highly skilled in areas such as structural engineering, building codes, and safety regulations.

2. What kind of buildings require a large building expert?

Any building that is considered large, typically over 5 stories or 75 feet tall, may require the expertise of a large building expert. This can include skyscrapers, office buildings, hospitals, and other large commercial or residential structures.

3. What services does a large building expert provide?

A large building expert can provide a range of services including building inspections, structural assessments, code compliance reviews, and construction project management. They can also offer expert witness testimony in legal disputes related to large buildings.

4. Why is it important to hire a large building expert?

Hiring a large building expert is important to ensure the safety and stability of a large building. They have the expertise to identify potential structural issues and provide solutions to prevent accidents or structural failures. This can also help to avoid costly repairs or legal issues in the future.

5. How do I find a qualified large building expert?

You can find a qualified large building expert through professional organizations, referrals from other industry professionals, or online directories. It is important to research their credentials and experience before hiring to ensure they have the necessary expertise to meet your needs.