How to label more than one curves in Mathematica?

In summary, to label multiple curves in Mathematica, you can use the PlotLegends option. You can also customize the labels for each curve and add a legend with a desired position, color, and title using this option.
hanson
Hi all.
I have say 5 curves in a 2-D plot and they are of different colors.
I would like to label them according to their colors or pattern.
Say,
--- Sin[[x]
___ Cos[x]

What command shall I refer to?

Physics news on Phys.org
See the help page for PlotLegend command.

To label multiple curves in a Mathematica plot, you can use the "PlotLegends" option. This allows you to specify the labels for each curve in the plot. For example, you can use the code:

Plot[{Sin[x], Cos[x]}, {x, 0, 2Pi}, PlotLegends->{"Sin[x]", "Cos[x]"}]

This will label the first curve as "Sin[x]" and the second curve as "Cos[x]" in the plot. You can also use the "PlotLegends" option to specify the colors or patterns for each curve, as well as other formatting options. For more information on how to use this option, you can refer to the Mathematica documentation or search for tutorials online.

1. How do I label multiple curves in Mathematica?

To label multiple curves in Mathematica, you can use the PlotLegends option. This will automatically generate a legend for each curve in your plot.

2. Can I customize the labels for each curve in Mathematica?

Yes, you can customize the labels for each curve by using the PlotLegends option and specifying the labels in a list. For example, PlotLegends -> {"Curve 1", "Curve 2", "Curve 3"} will label each curve accordingly.

3. How do I add a legend to my plot in Mathematica?

To add a legend to your plot in Mathematica, you can use the PlotLegends option and specify the desired legend position. For example, PlotLegends -> Placed["Legend", {0.8, 0.8}] will place the legend at the top right corner of your plot.

4. Is it possible to change the color of the labels in Mathematica?

Yes, you can change the color of the labels in Mathematica by using the PlotLegends option and specifying the desired color in a list. For example, PlotLegends -> {Red, Blue, Green} will assign the colors to each corresponding label.

5. How do I add a title to my legend in Mathematica?

To add a title to your legend in Mathematica, you can use the PlotLegend option and specify the desired title in a list. For example, PlotLegends -> Placed[{Legended["Curves", "Title"]}, {0.8, 0.8}] will add a title to your legend at the top right corner of your plot.