Know any good Semiconductor/Integrated Circuit dvds?

• Thread starter Tom McCurdy
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Circuit
In summary, A person is looking for a video on how integrated circuits/semiconductors are made and asks for suggestions. Another person suggests siliconrun.com and mentions some historical videos on Japanese semiconductor manufacture on Youtube.
Tom McCurdy
Hi,
I was hoping to get a video on how integrated circuits/semiconductors are made. I remember in an interview with a guy from KLA tencor a ways back the guy suggested a video. I can't remember what he said... though. It may have had the word ghost or something... although that's probably not even close.

If anyone has any suggestions please let me know.

tom

Engineering news on Phys.org
Howitismade.com rings to mind. But that's all.

Tom,

Check out siliconrun.com .

Susan

There are some interesting, but mostly historical, vids on youtube about Japanese semiconductor manufacture from the 1950s onward, starting with pointcontact transistors.

Quite illuminating.

1. What is the difference between a Semiconductor and an Integrated Circuit (IC)?

Semiconductors refer to materials that have electrical conductivity between that of a conductor and an insulator. They are often used as the base material for electronic components. An Integrated Circuit, on the other hand, refers to a small electronic device or chip that contains multiple interconnected electronic components, such as transistors, resistors and capacitors, on a single piece of semiconductor material.

2. What are the benefits of learning about Semiconductors and Integrated Circuits through DVDs?

Watching educational DVDs about Semiconductors and Integrated Circuits can provide a visual and interactive learning experience. They often include demonstrations, animations and real-life examples, making it easier to understand complex concepts. DVDs also allow for self-paced learning and can serve as a useful reference for future studies.

3. Are there any specific DVDs that cover both Semiconductors and Integrated Circuits?

Yes, there are several DVDs available that cover both topics in depth. Some popular options include "Fundamentals of Semiconductor Devices" by Dr. Simon M. Sze and "Introduction to Integrated Circuits" by Prof. Chua Chee Kai. It's important to research and read reviews before purchasing a DVD to ensure it covers the specific topics you are interested in learning.

4. Can DVDs be a substitute for traditional classroom learning for Semiconductors and Integrated Circuits?

DVDs can be a great supplement to traditional classroom learning, but they should not be considered a complete substitute. While DVDs can provide a thorough understanding of the subject matter, they do not offer the same level of interaction and hands-on practice that a classroom setting can provide. It's best to use DVDs as a supplementary learning tool rather than a replacement for traditional learning methods.

5. Are there any additional resources or materials that I should use alongside DVDs for learning about Semiconductors and Integrated Circuits?

Yes, DVDs should be used alongside other resources and materials to enhance your understanding of the subject. This can include textbooks, online tutorials, and hands-on experiments. It's also beneficial to join online forums or attend workshops and seminars to discuss and learn from others who are also interested in Semiconductors and Integrated Circuits.