Last year of school and im unsure of what to do.

In summary, to pursue a career in aeronautical engineering, it is important to have a strong foundation in physics and calculus, as well as to research educational requirements, gain hands-on experience, and network with professionals in the industry.
soldi3r
Hello guys. I am currently in my last year of school and I'm not sure of what I'm going to do in the future. Although i do have a slight idea but the thing is, that i have no idea on how to get there. I'm very keen on aeronautical engineering and i take the time to read articles on how engines and planes work etc (Just casual reading.) and things related to computers and
robotics.

Basically what i want to become is..."someday" work at a place where i can research & "develop" these machines. ( i want to actually be involved in all aspects.)

This is obviously overwhelming...but i was wondering if there are any engineers here that can give me some guidence or direction.

Rite now i currently take the following subjects required for engineering at school physics and calculus.

how would i go about doing this.:smile:

-thank you

Physics news on Phys.org
for your time.:)That's a great question! The best way to start exploring a career in aeronautical engineering is to research the educational requirements and build upon the foundational skills you have already acquired in physics and calculus. Depending on the type of role you are interested in, you may also want to look into courses related to fluid dynamics, aerospace materials, propulsion systems, and avionics. Additionally, it would be beneficial to gain experience through internships or research opportunities in order to gain hands-on experience with the field. You should also look into professional organizations and networking events to learn more about the field and connect with professionals in the industry. Finally, don't forget to continue reading up on the latest developments and advancements in the field. Good luck!

I understand the uncertainty and confusion that comes with making career decisions. It's great that you have a passion for aeronautical engineering and are taking the time to learn more about it through casual reading. A good first step would be to research different universities or colleges that offer aeronautical engineering programs and see what their requirements are for admission. This will give you an idea of the academic path you need to take to achieve your goal. You can also reach out to professionals in the field, such as engineers or professors, and ask for their advice and guidance. They may be able to provide insight into their own career paths and offer suggestions for how you can achieve your goal. Additionally, consider participating in internships or research opportunities related to aeronautical engineering to gain hands-on experience and further explore your interests. Remember, it's okay to not have all the answers right now, and it's important to keep an open mind and continue learning as you navigate your future career path. Best of luck to you!

1. What are my options after graduating from high school?

There are several options available to you after graduating from high school. You can choose to attend college or university, join the workforce, start your own business, or take a gap year to travel or gain work experience.

2. How do I determine which career path is right for me?

It is important to take the time to reflect on your interests, strengths, and values to determine which career path is right for you. You can also speak with a career counselor or take career assessment tests to help guide your decision.

3. Should I go straight to college or take a gap year?

This decision ultimately depends on your personal goals and circumstances. If you are unsure of what you want to study or need a break from academics, a gap year may be beneficial. However, if you have a clear idea of your career path and are ready for the academic challenge, going straight to college may be the best option.

4. Is it necessary to go to college to be successful?

No, it is not necessary to go to college to be successful. There are many successful individuals who have not attended college and have found success through other means such as starting their own business or pursuing vocational training.

5. What are the benefits of pursuing higher education?

Pursuing higher education can provide many benefits, such as expanding your knowledge and skills, increasing job opportunities and earning potential, and building a professional network. It can also help develop critical thinking and problem-solving skills, and provide a well-rounded education.