Experience the Magic of the Wine Clip

In summary, the Wine Clip uses principles of magnetics to improve the taste of wine as it is being poured out of the bottle, but it's not foolproof and you can get the same effect by buying better wine.
russ_watters
Mentor
Call me crazy, but I have a hard time with 'we don't know how it works, but it works great! (Buy it!)'
The Wine Clip uses principles of magnetics to improve the taste of wine as it is being poured out of the bottle...

What causes the effect has been the subject of some debate, but it is generally thought that passing a conductive fluid through a properly designed magnetic field has an effect on the polar molecules in the fluid.
http://www.thewineclip.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?category=home [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
If you need to improve the taste of wine as it's poured from the bottle, buy better wine. :biggrin:

It looks like a hair clip. Hmm..and doesn't fully wrap around the bottle neck, so won't even work to stop drips. :rolleyes:

One of its claims is:

"In contrast with most gases, oxygen is highly magnetically susceptible, and is attracted to a magnetic field."

I thought this was only true of liquid oxygen.

[ EDIT: Oh. It's paramagnetic].

As for the veracity of the product, I wouldn't put any stock in it until I saw an independent test. Their own tests and four bucks will get you a coffee at Starbuck's.

Last edited:
FYI, I got this link from a spam sent by a vendor at work. They also make this, which, apparently does actually work:
When hard water is subjected to fluid dynamic changes (pressure, velocity, tern perature), dissolved minerals precipitate out of solution and migrate to the area of lowest fluid velocity typically, the walls (interior surfaces) of pipes and equipment restricting the fluid flow. This scale also acts as an insulator, dramatically reducing heat transfer efficiency.

However, when a conductive fluid passes through a magnetic field, an electromotive force is induced through the fluid perpendicular to the direction of fluid flow and the flux field. This electrical discharge through the fluid induces a positive polarity in the fluid. The magnetic flux field further causes polar water molecules to be aligned along the flux or magnetomotive force vector, thus affecting the kinetics of crystallization of the minerals in the water. Random covalent bonding of the nucleation points of these scale forming molecular clusters is reduced and, therefore, these minerals stay in suspension. They are prevented from growing so large so as to precipitate out of solution and form hard scale on the walls of pipes and equipment. This process is called "magnetic homogenization."
Basically, a magnet wrapped around a pipe will prevent dissolved ions from coming out of solution and precipitating onto the pipe.

http://www.enecon.com/products/eneflow_01.asp [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:

1. How does the Wine Clip enhance the taste of wine?

The Wine Clip uses a patented magnetic field to break down tannins, allowing for a smoother and more balanced taste in the wine. It also enhances the wine's aroma, making it more enjoyable to drink.

2. Is the Wine Clip safe to use with all types of wine?

Yes, the Wine Clip is safe to use with all types of wine, including red, white, and sparkling wines. It does not alter the chemical composition of the wine, only enhances its taste and aroma.

3. How long should I leave the Wine Clip on the bottle?

The Wine Clip is designed to be left on the bottle for the entire duration of drinking the wine. However, for maximum effect, it is recommended to leave it on for at least 15 minutes before pouring the first glass.

4. Can the Wine Clip be reused?

Yes, the Wine Clip is reusable and can be used for multiple bottles of wine. Simply wipe it clean with a damp cloth after each use and store it in a cool, dry place.

5. How long will the Wine Clip last?

The Wine Clip is made with high-quality materials and can last for years with proper care. It also comes with a lifetime warranty, so you can enjoy the magic of the Wine Clip for a long time.