Your typical bedtime, and wake up time

• Thread starter Square1
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Time
In summary: You seem to be accruing sleep debt as the week passes. I tend to have the same thing happen if I don't get at least 7-8 hours per day. Even 7 is probably too little for...
Square1
Your typical bedtime, and wake up time :)

Be honest! What is your typical bedtime and time you wake up at. Do you mind it? Would you want another routine? :)

I've been getting up at 4:00 for the last few weeks getting a good start on the day and I think it's worked miracles. Go to bed 8-9 if I can and usually do (thus far...)

Physics news on Phys.org

I usually go to bed around 10pm and wake up at 6am.

I prefer to stay up until midnight or 1AM. However, I cannot go through any day without getting at least 8 hours of sleep.

I usually sleep at 6 am or whenever micro falls asleep and wake up at 4pm.

Unless I get behind in my work, 10:30pm and 5:30am (no alarm clock). I can't sleep for more than seven-and-a-half hours under any circumstances.

George Jones said:
Unless I get behind in my work, 10:30pm and 5:30am (no alarm clock). I can't sleep for more than seven-and-a-half hours under any circumstances.

I can sleep as much as 12-14 hours .. never quite understood how some people live under 8 hours of sleep.

Square1 said:
Be honest! What is your typical bedtime and time you wake up at. Do you mind it? Would you want another routine? :)

I've been getting up at 4:00 for the last few weeks getting a good start on the day and I think it's worked miracles. Go to bed 8-9 if I can and usually do (thus far...)

Almost exactly like you - bed by 9, up about 4:30.

Going to bed so early makes me feel like I'm elderly :redface:, but when I wake up early and feel so great, I feel like a kid.

I try to be in bed at 9pm, then I read until I fall asleep. Wake up at 6am. Sometimes I wake up earlier if I am going to train/exercise for a really long time.

lisab said:

Going to bed so early makes me feel like I'm elderly :redface:, but when I wake up early and feel so great, I feel like a kid.

Do you get up for the morning cartoons? Be honest ;)

chiro said:
Do you get up for the morning cartoons? Be honest ;)

Nope - no TV in my house!

To bed at 11 or 11:30, if i have a nap in afternoon, i can stay awake till 2:30am. I wake at around 6:30.

My bed time? Doesn't exist. I can't ever get onto a set schedule, it always varies day to day at least 30 min to an hour if not more. Perhaps that's one reason I feel horrible all the time. Though I think I've been on a decent schedule for at least a week or two before, but I don't remember it making me feel any better. At least my meds make it so that I don't feel like crying after I wake up because I feel so bad.

lisab said:
Nope - no TV in my house!

Nor in mine!

George Jones said:
Nor in mine!

I got a TV, but I use it for netflix, no cable for me

What is your typical bedtime and time you wake up at? 1300-2100 (Wake up at 1500 and 1930 a lot, but try to go back to sleep)
Do you mind it? Not usually
Would you want another routine? Works the best for me due to shift work.

I usually go to sleep about 1 AM and get up by 5-6 AM. Often I take a nap for 30-60 minutes when the phone stops ringing about 4 PM. Ever since I lost all of this weight and started getting back in shape, I don't need nearly as much sleep.

I learned not to mistakenly turn my local time to the of Newfoundland and have my alarm set for 6:00AM local time. I was up and showered by 5:00AM before I realized the mistake.

I am often up to 11PM to 1AM and up around 7AM.

I personally work full time, go to sleep at around 12pm-1am and wake up at 7am each morning, on weekends i go to sleep at around 4-6am and wake up at around 12am-2pm

From my experience as the week goes on i tend to get tired faster, I am don't know if i am getting enough sleep

r4z0r84 said:
I personally work full time, go to sleep at around 12pm-1am and wake up at 7am each morning, on weekends i go to sleep at around 4-6am and wake up at around 12am-2pm

From my experience as the week goes on i tend to get tired faster, I am don't know if i am getting enough sleep

You seem to be accruing sleep debt as the week passes. I tend to have the same thing happen if I don't get at least 7-8 hours per day. Even 7 is probably too little for me.

I have sleeping medicine it does work but upon waking it feels as if i have had a restless sleep. so i no longer take them.

We co-sleep. Babies say between 7-8 AM in the morning.

Usually go to bed between 12-1 AM, after some time without babies.

During the week 11pm - 7am. I tend to go out in the evenings on weekends (if I don't it's pretty much the same times as in the week) so bed time ranges between 2am - 6am but I rarely sleep later than 11am.

Refreshing sleep is a novelty for me (my sleep quality is very low) so I'm used to being tired in the day.

lisab said:

About the same for me except I get up at 3:30 and my wife gives me grief about being a small child because I go to sleep so early. :tongue:

Heh, times seems to vary quite heavily. I'm usually going to bed around 01 am and getting up at 08 - 08:30 in weekdays, and postponing the whole schedule by 2 hours at weekends (which I have to turn back by starting the week with less sleep on mondays -.-).

Stupid 24 hour daily rythm. I really wish we had 25-26 hour rhythm instead, with the same amount of sleep but being up 2 hours longer maybe I could maybe keep the schedule better.

I get up at 5:30-6:00 AM and try to be in bed by 9:30-10:00 PM. I'm one of those people who seem to need at least 7 hours to function, but 8 is optimal. I just can't study all day on anything less than that. Lots of my classmates will stay up late trying to study more, but even if I don't understand a subject, I'm going home and going to bed to try to get some decent sleep.

My wife seems to get by just fine on 6 hours of sleep and then catching up on the weekends. She complains that I go to bed early, but that doesn't stop her from coming to bed at the same time and falling asleep within minutes (to my frustration). Then she talks about how much better she feels in the mornings.

My bedtime and wake-up revolve around my ability to breathe. If I can breathe OK and I'm tired, it's bed-time. When my sinuses/lungs are congested, I get out of bed and try to recoup.

Years ago, I worked rotating shifts on a paper machine, so I'm not too bothered by odd sleep/wake times. YMMV.

lisab said:

Hahaha that is honestly the only thing I don't like about it. It makes me feel old (I am 22). Also, the following is love-hate...Then being up so early I feel lonely sometimes and isolated, but on other days it's just awesome because I have the whole world to myself.

Cool responses so far :D

Ivan Seeking said:
I usually go to sleep about 1 AM and get up by 5-6 AM. Often I take a nap for 30-60 minutes when the phone stops ringing about 4 PM. Ever since I lost all of this weight and started getting back in shape, I don't need nearly as much sleep.

Ditto

Zarqon said:
Heh, times seems to vary quite heavily. I'm usually going to bed around 01 am and getting up at 08 - 08:30 in weekdays, and postponing the whole schedule by 2 hours at weekends (which I have to turn back by starting the week with less sleep on mondays -.-).

Stupid 24 hour daily rythm. I really wish we had 25-26 hour rhythm instead, with the same amount of sleep but being up 2 hours longer maybe I could maybe keep the schedule better.

Same, I wish days had about two more hours in them!

Drakkith said:
Same, I wish days had about two more hours in them!

For me if there were an extra 2 hours I'd sleep through them. I'll live on 8 hours plus if I can get it, but can function on less, although the timings vary a lot. I suppose sleeping is wasted time, but it is one of my favourite things. I've had some of my best ideas whilst asleep, but that's not really saying much!

10 pm to 4 am although this changes sometimes.

I'm in the wrong business for not being a "morning person." I have to wake up at 5:50 during the school year, tho' I'd much rather sleep to 8. My head refuses to shut down any earlier than 10:30, so I've been locked into a "not quite enough sleep" scenario. Every month or so, I crash at 8:00 PM, but then I wake up for an hour or two at about 1AM.

1. What is the recommended amount of sleep for adults?

The recommended amount of sleep for adults is 7-9 hours per night. However, this can vary depending on individual factors such as age, health, and lifestyle.

2. Is it better to have a consistent bedtime and wake up time?

Yes, it is recommended to have a consistent bedtime and wake up time to maintain a healthy sleep schedule. This helps regulate your body's internal clock and can improve the quality of your sleep.

3. Can going to bed too late affect my health?

Yes, consistently going to bed late can have negative effects on your health. It can lead to sleep deprivation, which can impact your mood, cognitive function, and overall well-being.

4. What are some tips for falling asleep and waking up at the same time every day?

Some tips for maintaining a consistent bedtime and wake up time include setting a bedtime alarm, avoiding caffeine and electronics before bed, and creating a relaxing bedtime routine. In the morning, expose yourself to natural light and avoid hitting the snooze button.

5. How can I determine my ideal bedtime and wake up time?

Your ideal bedtime and wake up time may vary depending on your individual needs and schedule. To determine your ideal sleep schedule, try experimenting with different bedtimes and wake up times until you find a routine that allows you to wake up feeling well-rested and energized.