What are the ratios of width and length for these two rectangles?

In summary, the conversation involved identifying the ratio of widths and lengths of two identical rectangles presented at different angles. The participants were frustrated with the lack of a clear question and the OP's reluctance to provide more information. The thread was eventually locked due to the uncooperative behavior of the OP.
julian
Gold Member
I've indicated two rectangles. Can peeps tell me what they get for the ratio of widths? And then the ratio of lengths? Thanks.

rectangles.JPG

Attachments

• rectangles.JPG
    rectangles.JPG
    43.4 KB · Views: 450
Mathematics news on Phys.org
Adjusting for the angles of presentation, they appear to be identical.

What's the point?

phinds said:
Adjusting for the angles of presentation, they appear to be identical.

What's the point?

They do look similar size. Can you be more specific? Just simply measuring ratios of widths and ratio of lengths as they appear there? I'll say what it is about in a bit.

Say what it is about now. I hate coyness.

I want more replies first, stats thing :)

bump. Oh go on.

Looks like I'm not the only one who does not appreciate coyness.

Maybe if you say what the point is you can restart the conversation.

I hate it when OPs play games with us and refuse to ask the full question. Thread locked.

1. What does "bit of an odd request" mean?

"Bit of an odd request" is a phrase used to describe a request or question that may seem unusual or strange. It can also imply that the request may be difficult to fulfill.

2. Why would someone make a "bit of an odd request"?

There could be a variety of reasons for someone to make an odd request. It could be due to a unique situation, personal preference, or simply out of curiosity.

3. How should I respond to a "bit of an odd request"?

It's important to approach the request with an open mind and without judgment. If you are able to fulfill the request, do so respectfully. If you are unable to fulfill the request, politely explain why.

4. Are "bit of an odd requests" common in scientific research?

In scientific research, it is not uncommon for researchers to come across unusual or unexpected requests. This could be due to the nature of experimentation and the need to explore new ideas and possibilities.

5. Is it okay to make a "bit of an odd request" in a professional setting?

It depends on the context and the nature of the request. In some cases, making an odd request may be appropriate if it is relevant to the situation and does not violate any professional or ethical standards. However, it's important to consider the potential impact and consequences of the request before making it.