Which Mobile Phone Did You Buy? | Factors to Consider

• Thread starter heman
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Cell
In summary, the conversation revolved around different individuals discussing their mobile phones, including the features they liked and the reasons behind their choices. Some factors that were considered when buying a phone included brand, size, camera quality, and service provider. Some individuals did not use a cell phone at all and had no plans to get one. The conversation also touched on the advancements in phone technology, such as the possibility of having a 5 megapixel camera in a phone.
heman
Which mobile do you have??
And And Which factors did you considered while buying your mobile phone like brand,look,size etc. etc.

Computer science news on Phys.org
heman said:
Which mobile do you have??
And And Which factors did you considered while buying your mobile phone like brand,look,size etc. etc.

I bought the cheapest on the market, tried it for a while then left it in the
cupboard, i think they are a money drain i can do without :smile:

I lost mine months ago. But, wait a minute, I'm thinking on my feet here...

Woah! Who'd a thunk it?! It was stuck to the bottom of the telephone table! I'd have never of thought of looking there! (Thanks, wolram) :rofl:

Cingular wireless...'raising the bar.'

But I want an iced out T-Mobile sidekick.

I chose mine for a variety of reasons...small flip phone that would fit in my purse without keys being accidentally pressed (that was always a problem with my previous phone, which was also so heavy it would make my pants fall down if I clipped it to my belt), plus I got one that's tri-mode since I travel through areas that don't always have digital yet (or at least it was the case when I first got it, so still needed to pick up analog signal). And went with a provider that had the best range of service in the places I travel, including Canada (I was one of the few people from the US attending the conference in Quebec that could get cell signal).

My entire family uses Nextel, for the two-way, which goes coast to coast now.

BobG said:
I lost mine months ago. But, wait a minute, I'm thinking on my feet here...
Woah! Who'd a thunk it?! It was stuck to the bottom of the telephone table! I'd have never of thought of looking there! (Thanks, wolram) :rofl:
Cleaver dick. i also :rofl:

http://www.mobiman.com.ua/store/images/SonyEricsson-K750i-3.jpg

I like it because it has a radio, mp3 player(the phone also has a memory stick pro duo slot), good camera(best on a cell phone that I have ever seen), bluetooth, LOUD and CLEAR speakerphone which can also be used for playing music loudly(and sounds so extraordinarily well, you wouldn't believe it came from that little thing)...

I honestly love this little toy

I have actually found some uses for the camera, listen to mp3's or radio quite frequently, etc... I LOVE IT

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't use one at all.

It seems like everyone has it now... well basically everyone does. I don't plan on getting one for awhile, maybe in 4-5 years.

Cell phones are an instrument of the devil!:devil:

moose said:
I like it because it has a radio, mp3 player(the phone also has a memory stick pro duo slot), good camera(best on a cell phone that I have ever seen), bluetooth, LOUD and CLEAR speakerphone which can also be used for playing music loudly(and sounds so extraordinarily well, you wouldn't believe it came from that little thing)...

I have actually found some uses for the camera, listen to mp3's or radio quite frequently, etc... I LOVE IT
That's cool. How many megapixels on the camera?

I'm the only one of all my friends who does not have a cell phone. But that doesn't bother me though. I don't plan on getting one...nor do I need one.

zoobyshoe said:
That's cool. How many megapixels on the camera?
It has autofocus, there are tons of settings including white balance settings. It has a strong flashlight on the front, which can be used as a flash light or to aid the camera at night. At the finest settings, it truly does take good pictures.
Here are some pictures I have taken (note, I suck at photography):
*Click on pictures for full size (2mp)*
http://www.twilightus.net/adam/full.jpg"
http://www.twilightus.net/adam/full2.jpg"

so yeah, they aren't of the best quality, but I think it's acceptable considering it's a phone.

EDIT: The model of this cell phone is Sony Ericsson K750i which is nearly identical to the Sony Ericsson W800i

my cell phone was pretty nice and cheap when i bought it... its now two years old and all my friends make fun of me for having the "dinosaur phone." i don't even have a color screen and the ring tone song is a bunch of old fashioned beeps.

moose said:
It has autofocus, there are tons of settings including white balance settings. It has a strong flashlight on the front, which can be used as a flash light or to aid the camera at night. At the finest settings, it truly does take good pictures.

so yeah, they aren't of the best quality, but I think it's acceptable considering it's a phone.
Not too bad for snapshots. I don't imagine it'll be too long before they can get 5 mp in a phone camera. Sounds like a neat phone in general.

moose, I thought the first picture was a wig gone wrong. :biggrin: I see from the second picture it actually unfolds into a dog. :rofl:

I don't have a cell phone either. I would need a job to pay for one, and I don't want to work :smile:

zoobyshoe said:
Not too bad for snapshots. I don't imagine it'll be too long before they can get 5 mp in a phone camera. Sounds like a neat phone in general.

I don't care about how large the photos are, 2mp is plenty. Quality is what we want to get out of these phones someday. My sisters old 1mp fuji will run circles around any 7mp vivitar. If you were to place good optics and a good censor, I can imagine great things! Like the nokia n90 I think, will use zeiss optics... can't wait to see the picture quality.

Evo said:
moose, I thought the first picture was a wig gone wrong. :biggrin: I see from the second picture it actually unfolds into a dog. :rofl:
Amazing isn't it?
O.O
its mah doggie!

I have a Sagem MYX3. It was about the cheapest and most basic I could get my hands on.

Here's mine:
http://www.compuvest.com/images/items/3230.jpg

It was the one I could get for free with my phone upgrade.

Moonbear said:
...small flip phone that would fit in my purse without keys being accidentally pressed (that was always a problem with my previous phone, which was also so heavy it would make my pants fall down if I clipped it to my belt),

i guess now it will be more problematic,,hard to see,hard to press and easy to lose...yours mobile.:biggrin:

moose said:
http://www.mobiman.com.ua/store/images/SonyEricsson-K750i-3.jpg

So many things together in such a small mobile...
i really don't understand how,day after day ..they keep adding things in such a small size,,above all a nice way to extract hard earned money..

I`ve got a Motorola V3 Razor. I`ve had it for just over a year now, I originally bought it because it looks soooooo sexy.
My phone

yeah,absolutely...and looks very comfortable also..
It will help you impress your girlfriend ,if any..

heman said:
yeah,absolutely...and looks very comfortable also..
It will help you impress your girlfriend ,if any..

Ergonomicly it`s great, large colour screen and buttons. Not too small so it`s sits nicly in my hand.

Women are abit of a sore subject at the momoent, but after last night things are looking-up. I went ot work dressed as a smurf (PF inspired, thanx) and got a lot of attention including 9 phone numbers!:cool:

My cell phone is retro from the 90s... an old Motorola StarTAC phone.

http://www.cellink.com.au/products/images/motorola_startac70.jpg

It cannot text message, only has an LCD-backlit screen, cannot take pictures, does not have color display, has a massive battery pack, no ringtones at all (much less polyphonic ring tones), and is nearly half-an-inch thick (1.27 centimeters).

Definitely cutting edge. :approve:

edit: I get the reaction a lot from classmates on how old my cell phone is because it can't even text message... I don't think I would see it as particularly useful, espeically as typing is so much more inefficient on a cell phone rather than on a computer.

Last edited:

1. What factors should I consider when buying a mobile phone?

When buying a mobile phone, you should consider factors such as budget, operating system, camera quality, battery life, storage capacity, and overall design and features.

2. Is brand important when choosing a mobile phone?

Yes, brand can be an important factor when choosing a mobile phone. Some brands may be known for their reliable performance, while others may offer more budget-friendly options. It is important to research and read reviews to determine which brand may be the best fit for your needs.

3. Should I prioritize certain features over others when buying a mobile phone?

It ultimately depends on your personal preferences and needs. For example, if you are a heavy user who relies on your phone for work, you may prioritize battery life and storage capacity over camera quality. It is important to determine what features are most important to you and prioritize accordingly.

4. How much should I spend on a mobile phone?

This will vary depending on your budget and the features you are looking for. However, it is important to consider the long-term cost of a phone, including any data plans or additional fees. It is also recommended to research and compare prices from different retailers to ensure you are getting the best deal.

5. Should I upgrade to a new mobile phone even if my current one is still functional?

This is a personal decision and will depend on your needs and preferences. If your current phone is meeting your needs and you are satisfied with its performance, there may not be a need to upgrade. However, if you are looking for new features or your current phone is outdated, upgrading may be a good option.