The Do You Know Archaeology Test

• Thread starter Evo
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Test
In summary: Arch. Grad StudentYou scored 86 on archaeology knowledge! Wow. You sure know your stuff, or are good at guessing. Either way, you know a lot about important places and events in archaeology. Good work.
Evo
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Arch. Grad Student

You scored 86 on archaeology knowledge! Wow. You sure know your stuff, or are good at guessing. Either way, you know a lot about important places and events in archaeology. Good work.

The Do You Know Archaeology Test
http://www.okcupid.com/tests/take?testid=6316580983079451049

This test tracked 1 variable. How the score compared to the other people's:
Higher than 96% on knowledge

My take on the test - Some of these questions could have had other correct answers, I don't agree with some of the choices given. On some of the questions I had to choose which was less wrong instead of more correct. Tough test though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Exploration

You scored 43 on archaeology knowledge!

So you've had an intro course in archaeology perhaps and you remember some of the more important facts, but not them all. Don't worry, some of the questions were quite hard and not meant for most to get. Just keep studying your textbooks. And remember, archaeology isn't just about Rome, Greece, and Egypt.Mostly guessing :smile: I have never taken an Anthro/Archo class, but I have taken western civilization, which may have helped for a question or two.

Last edited:
Way too difficult, what's the point of it anyway, I can have a nice life without knowing anything about archeology..grumble,grumble..:frown:

Exploration
You scored 46 on archaeology knowledge!
So you've had an intro course in archaeology perhaps and you remember some of the more important facts, but not them all. Don't worry, some of the questions were quite hard and not meant for most to get. Just keep studying your textbooks. And remember, archaeology isn't just about Rome, Greece, and Egypt.

I guessed most of them.

arildno said:
Way too difficult, what's the point of it anyway, I can have a nice life without knowing anything about archeology..grumble,grumble..:frown:
Arildno, I would have thought you'd ace this one.

Nah, I got only 43 points..sniff.

arildno said:
Nah, I got only 43 points..sniff.
Half the time the answer I would have given was not a choice and I had to select an answer that at least could be close enough to be correct. If "none of the above" had been a choice, that's what I would have chosen.

Anthro Major
You scored 66 on archaeology knowledge!
Maybe you haven't quite decided if you want to be an archaeology major yet, but you're definitely interested in the subject. Good work on getting more than half right. You got the basics, but not all of the details. Good work and keep studying!
My test tracked 1 variable How you compared to other people your age and gender:

free online dating free online dating
You scored higher than 99% on knowledge

Anthro Major
You scored 62 on archaeology knowledge!
Maybe you haven't quite decided if you want to be an archaeology major yet, but you're definitely interested in the subject. Good work on getting more than half right. You got the basics, but not all of the details. Good work and keep studying!

You scored higher than 65% on knowledge

...I used to want to study archeology.

Classics Major
You scored 54 on archaeology knowledge!
You know the archaeology of Rome and Greece. Too bad that wasn't on the test. Good job at getting over half correct. Keep up the good work.

Very tough for an OK Cupid test. :P

There was a time when I wanted to become an archaeologist, thanks to the lesson on Harappa and Mohenjo-daro in history class; but that soon waned to give way for astronomy. :biggrin:

Last edited:
Lib. Arts Student
You scored 38 on archaeology knowledge!
You've gotten some of the questions right, but you don't really know details yet. Keep studying and you eventually will.

Not bad for never taking an archaeology course, right? :rofl:

1. What is archaeology?

Archaeology is the study of human history and prehistory through the excavation and analysis of artifacts, structures, and other physical remains.

2. How do archaeologists find sites to excavate?

Archaeologists use a variety of methods to find potential excavation sites, including remote sensing techniques such as ground-penetrating radar, aerial surveys, and satellite imagery. They also rely on historical records and local knowledge to identify areas of interest.

3. What tools do archaeologists use during excavations?

Archaeologists use a variety of tools during excavations, including shovels, trowels, brushes, sieves, and measuring equipment. They also use more specialized tools such as trowel-axes, scalpels, and dental picks for delicate work.

4. How do archaeologists date artifacts?

Archaeologists use several methods to date artifacts, including stratigraphy (the study of layers of soil and sediment), radiocarbon dating (which measures the amount of carbon-14 in organic material), and dendrochronology (which uses tree rings to date wood).

5. What happens to artifacts after they are excavated?

Once artifacts are excavated, they are carefully cleaned, cataloged, and analyzed by archaeologists. They may also be conserved and preserved for future study and display in museums. It is important for artifacts to be properly documented and stored to maintain their historical and scientific value.