Physicforum laggy or non-responsive

• Thread starter rcgldr
  • Start date
In summary: It happens. I assume that the admin uses a service such as Lomag or a similar hosting service. They have issues sometimes, it's just inevitable. It's only time to worry if your host is being DDOS'ed, then someone should be taken to an ER for their own protection.
rcgldr
Homework Helper
There are often times when physicforums responds very slowly and/or just stops responding for 10 to 15 minutes at a time. Is there a server issue with physics forums or is it more likely a problem with my ISP?

Physics news on Phys.org
rcgldr said:
There are often times when physicforums responds very slowly and/or just stops responding for 10 to 15 minutes at a time. Is there a server issue with physics forums or is it more likely a problem with my ISP?

You are posting at a time when we are doing backups. It's a very server intensive process.

Still having lag issues at this moment (a different tme of day), and sometimes loss of connection, although it's usually back in 30 to 60 seconds now. Still wondering if there's an issue with my ISP or if it's just heavy server load at physicsforums.

rcgldr said:
Still having lag issues at this moment (a different tme of day), and sometimes loss of connection, although it's usually back in 30 to 60 seconds now. Still wondering if there's an issue with my ISP or if it's just heavy server load at physicsforums.

If you are referring to about 10min ago, apache did just crash and I restarted it right away.

Sorry if you received an "account suspended" message. Apache has been crashing lately and I've been tinkering.

dude..

I passed out when i saw that. And then had a minor heart attack when all 5 of my IP addresses were suspended :frown:

I got an "account suspended" message. :cry: It was like having my heart ripped out.

I'm already getting a few emails asking why their account is suspended lol :blushing: oops

Evo said:
I got an "account suspended" message. :cry: It was like having my heart ripped out.

*pets Evo*

There, there.

Greg, somewhere in Venezuela there is a butterfly that had its wings ripped because of this. Chaos theory.

cronxeh said:
*pets Evo*

There, there
Hold me cronxeh.

Evo said:
Hold me cronxeh.

Shall we start our own little Mathsforums and repopulate the posts?

:rofl:

I got one, too. "Account suspended" :eek: Why?! Just because I'm cooking a suicidal partridge for supper?

Wow quite a few posts have appeared on this thread since I checked it a minute ago... But yeah. Stop that :tongue:.

Donate people, PF needs a new hard drive, a liquid nitrogen cooling system, some margaritas for the sysop, and a lifetime supply of hotpockets for Greg to live down in the basement server room

cronxeh said:
Donate people, PF needs a new hard drive, a liquid nitrogen cooling system, some margaritas for the sysop, and a lifetime supply of hotpockets for Greg to live down in the basement server room

Fewer margaritas please.

kote said:
Fewer margaritas please.

no! more more! I administrate better when buzzed :D

I wonder how many members had to be taken to the ER due to this?

Evo said:
I wonder how many members had to be taken to the ER due to this?

It happens. I assume that the admin uses a service such as Lomag or a similar hosting service. They have issues sometimes, it's just inevitable. It's only time to worry if your host is being DDOS'ed, then someone should be taken to an ER for their own protection. :biggrin:

1. Why is the Physicforum website lagging or not responding?

There could be a few reasons for this issue. It could be due to a high volume of traffic on the website, server issues, or problems with your internet connection. It is also possible that there is a glitch or bug in the website's code.

2. How can I fix the lag or unresponsiveness on Physicforum?

If the issue is due to a high volume of traffic or server problems, there is not much you can do except wait for the problem to resolve on its own. However, if the problem persists, you can try clearing your browser's cache and cookies, using a different browser, or restarting your device. You can also reach out to the website's technical support team for assistance.

3. Is the lag or non-responsiveness on Physicforum a common problem?

It is possible that the website experiences occasional lag or non-responsiveness due to technical issues. However, if this is a frequent or ongoing problem, it is worth reporting it to the website's technical support team so they can investigate and resolve the issue.

4. How can I prevent Physicforum from lagging or becoming unresponsive in the future?

There are a few things you can do to prevent this issue from occurring in the future. These include keeping your browser and device up to date, clearing your cache regularly, and avoiding opening multiple tabs or using other websites that may slow down your internet connection.

5. Are there any alternative ways to access Physicforum if the website is lagging or unresponsive?

If the website is experiencing technical problems, you can try accessing it through a different device or internet connection. You can also try accessing it at a different time when there may be less traffic on the website. Additionally, you can follow Physicforum on social media or sign up for their newsletter to stay updated on any technical issues and alternative methods for accessing the website.