Simple partial differential equation

In summary, the conversation revolves around solving a partial differential equation using the method of matrix jacobians. The equation is solved for two different values of the determinant, and new coefficients are added to the equation. Finally, the determinant of the matrix jacobian is calculated.
dexter90
Hello.

I have equation:

[tex]\frac{\partial T}{\partial t}-\frac{1}{2}\cdot \frac{(\partial)^2 T}{\partial x^2}=0[/tex]

I calculated determinant:

[tex]\Delta=(-\frac{1}{2})^2)-4\cdot 1 \cdot 0 \Rightarrow \sqrt{\Delta}=\frac{1}{2} \\ (\frac{dT}{dt})_{1}=-\frac{1}{4} \\ (\frac{dT}{dt})_{2}=\frac{1}{4}[/tex]

next

[tex]T=-\frac{1}{4}t+C_{1} \Rightarrow T+\frac{1}{4}t=C_{1} \\ T=\frac{1}{4}t+C_{2} \Rightarrow T-\frac{1}{4}t=C_{2}[/tex]

I am add a new coefficients [tex]\eta[/tex] and [tex]\xi[/tex], then

[tex]\xi=\frac{1}{4}t+T\\ \eta=-\frac{1}{4}t+T[/tex]

Then I calculated matrix jacobian's =[tex]\frac{1}{2}[/tex]

Good?

I greet

Post edited

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
dexter90 said:
Hello.

I have equation:

[tex]\frac{\partial T}{\partial t}-\frac{1}{2}\cdot \frac{(\partial)^2 T}{\partial x^2}=0[/tex]

I calculated determinant:

[tex]\Delta=(-\frac{1}{2})^2)-4\cdot 1 \cdot 0 \Rightarrow \sqrt{\Delta}=\sqrt{2} \\ (\frac{dT}{dt})_{1}=-\sqrt{2} \\ (\frac{dT}{dt})_{2}=\sqrt{2}[/tex]
I'm not all that clear on what you are doing but that first statement is obviously untrue.
[tex]\Delta= (-\frac{1}{2})^2- 4\cdot 1 \cdot 0= \frac{1}{4}[/tex]
so
[tex]\sqrt{\Delta}= \frac{1}{2}[/tex]
not [itex]\sqrt{2}[itex]

next

[tex]T=-\sqrt{2}t+C_{1} \Rightarrow T+\sqrt{2}t=C_{1} \\ T=\sqrt{2}t+C_{2} \Rightarrow T-\sqrt{2}t=C_{2}[/tex]

I am add a new coefficients [tex]\eta[/tex] and [tex]\xi[/tex], then

[tex]\xi=\sqrt{2}t+T\\ \eta=-\sqrt{2}t+T[/tex]

Then I calculated matrix jacobian's =[tex]2\sqrt{2}[/tex]

Good?

I greet

Thanks,

Of course, I made mistake in write. I would like solve partial differential equation but I don't have experience. I edited my post.

1. What is a simple partial differential equation?

A simple partial differential equation is an equation that involves multiple variables and their partial derivatives. It represents a relationship between a function and its partial derivatives with respect to those variables.

2. What are the main differences between a simple partial differential equation and an ordinary differential equation?

The main difference between a simple partial differential equation and an ordinary differential equation is that a simple partial differential equation involves multiple independent variables, while an ordinary differential equation involves only one independent variable.

3. What is the purpose of solving a simple partial differential equation?

The purpose of solving a simple partial differential equation is to find the function that satisfies the equation and represents the relationship between the variables. This allows for the prediction and analysis of complex systems and phenomena.

4. What are some common techniques for solving simple partial differential equations?

Some common techniques for solving simple partial differential equations include separation of variables, method of characteristics, and Fourier analysis. These techniques involve manipulating the equation in different ways to simplify it and find a solution.

5. Can simple partial differential equations be used in real-world applications?

Yes, simple partial differential equations are widely used in various fields of science and engineering to model and analyze complex systems and phenomena. Examples include heat transfer, fluid dynamics, and quantum mechanics.