Find R: Internal Resistance Equation

In summary, the internal resistance equation is a mathematical formula used to calculate the internal resistance of a circuit. It is derived from Ohm's Law and has units of measurement in ohms (Ω). It is used to calculate the resistance of a circuit, especially when measuring the resistance of a battery or power source. This equation can be used for both AC and DC circuits, but the values may differ depending on the type of circuit.
heelp
In this equation I r= E-V/V*R

How would I find R? thanks in advance you your help.

Physics news on Phys.org
What do you mean? Are you asking about how to do the algebraic manipulations? And where are the parens in your equation?

Oops. r= (E-V/v)*R

This equation shows that knowing the emf E, the voltmeter's reading of the terminal voltatge V, and the resistance of the voltmeter R, the unknown internal resistance r of the battery can be computed.

I'm trying to find r. I know E,AND V. But I don't know how to find R.

1. What is the internal resistance equation?

The internal resistance equation is a mathematical formula used to calculate the internal resistance of a circuit. It is also known as the "find R" equation and is used to determine the resistance of a circuit when the current and voltage are known.

2. How is the internal resistance equation derived?

The internal resistance equation is derived from Ohm's Law, which states that the current through a conductor between two points is directly proportional to the voltage across the two points. By rearranging this formula, we can derive the internal resistance equation: R = (V - E)/I, where R is the internal resistance, V is the voltage, E is the electromotive force, and I is the current.

3. What are the units of measurement for the internal resistance equation?

The units of measurement for the internal resistance equation are ohms (Ω). This is the standard unit of measurement for resistance in electrical circuits.

4. When is the internal resistance equation used?

The internal resistance equation is used when there is a need to calculate the resistance of a circuit. It is especially useful when measuring the resistance of a battery or other power source, as it takes into account the internal resistance of the source itself.

5. Can the internal resistance equation be used for both AC and DC circuits?

Yes, the internal resistance equation can be used for both AC (alternating current) and DC (direct current) circuits. However, it is important to note that the values for voltage, current, and resistance may vary depending on the type of circuit being measured.