MS Word foreign language version in WinXP

• Thread starter AgPIper
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Language
In summary, to change the default language in MS Word foreign language version on WinXP, go to the "Review" tab and click on "Language" in the "Proofing" section. Select the desired language from the drop-down menu and click "Set as Default". To switch between languages within one document, select the text you want to change and go to the "Review" tab, then click on "Language" in the "Proofing" section and select the desired language from the drop-down menu. To add a new language, go to the "Review" tab, click on "Language" in the "Proofing" section, then click on "Set Proofing Language" and select "Add additional editing languages". To change
AgPIper
I was wondering if a non-English version of MS Office can run smoothly in the English version of WinXP... with the taskbar buttons in the program properly displayed, etc. Thanks for answering :)

Computer science news on Phys.org
AgPIper said:
I was wondering if a non-English version of MS Office can run smoothly in the English version of WinXP... with the taskbar buttons in the program properly displayed, etc. Thanks for answering :)

I run a non-English version of MS Office on my English version of WinXP. I seem to have no problems.

Yes, it is possible for a non-English version of MS Office to run smoothly in the English version of WinXP. However, there may be some minor display issues with the taskbar buttons in the program. This can usually be resolved by changing the language settings in the program or in the operating system. It is always recommended to check the compatibility of the different versions before installing to ensure a smooth experience. Thank you for your question!

1. How do I change the default language in MS Word foreign language version on WinXP?

To change the default language in MS Word, go to the "Review" tab and click on "Language" in the "Proofing" section. Select the desired language from the drop-down menu and click "Set as Default". This will change the default language for all new documents in MS Word.

2. Can I switch between languages within one document in MS Word foreign language version on WinXP?

Yes, you can switch between languages within one document by selecting the text you want to change and then going to the "Review" tab and clicking on "Language" in the "Proofing" section. Select the desired language from the drop-down menu. This will only change the language for the selected text.

3. How do I add a new language to MS Word foreign language version on WinXP?

To add a new language to MS Word, go to the "Review" tab and click on "Language" in the "Proofing" section. Then click on "Set Proofing Language" and select "Add additional editing languages" at the bottom of the menu. This will allow you to add a new language to your MS Word version.

4. Is it possible to change the keyboard layout in MS Word foreign language version on WinXP?

Yes, you can change the keyboard layout in MS Word by going to the "Review" tab and clicking on "Language" in the "Proofing" section. Then click on "Set Proofing Language" and select "Set Keyboard Layout" at the bottom of the menu. This will allow you to select a different keyboard layout for the selected language.

5. How do I enable automatic language detection in MS Word foreign language version on WinXP?

To enable automatic language detection in MS Word, go to the "Review" tab and click on "Language" in the "Proofing" section. Then click on "Set Proofing Language" and make sure the "Detect language automatically" box is checked. This will allow MS Word to automatically detect the language you are typing in and apply the correct spelling and grammar rules.