Max Flow Rate of HTA100H-304 Air Pump for Pipe Systems: 0.19 kg/s

In summary: The pump can move air at a certain pressure, but it's not compatible with your piping system if the back pressure is higher than that.
keng
Hi all, i have to use an air pump to create a flow rate in a pipe system.
My pump model is hta100h-304 which i have attach the spec below.
From actual air delivery data(871.2lpm@10 kg/cm2G,762.3lpm@12kg/cm2G), i try to convert to mass flow rate unit and it is around 0.19 kg/s.
Is this mean this flow rate is the maximum rate that this pump can create?

feel free to correct me and sorry for my bad english

Attachments

• fusheng hta 100h 304 spec.jpg
    fusheng hta 100h 304 spec.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 460
Engineering news on Phys.org
That's the air it can move at that pressure, but that doesn't tell you anything about what your piping system can handle.

Hi Russ,thank for your reply
russ_watters said:
That's the air it can move at that pressure, but that doesn't tell you anything about what your piping system can handle.
Did you mean this pump can move this amount of air with no pressure drop in the tank at that condition right?

The pressure in pipe system is around 2 barG.
So I have to select pressure and back-pressure regulator size and i just want to be sure that it can handle the maximum flowrate from the pump.

That's the max flow rate the pump can output at those specific pressures. So if your system has a higher back pressure than the pump can output, the flow rate will decrease. If the system back pressure is less than the rated pump pressure, the flow rate can increase.

I would ask the manufacturer for a pump curve so you can see the relationship before you size the relief valve.

CS

stewartcs said:
That's the max flow rate the pump can output at those specific pressures. So if your system has a higher back pressure than the pump can output, the flow rate will decrease. If the system back pressure is less than the rated pump pressure, the flow rate can increase.

I would ask the manufacturer for a pump curve so you can see the relationship before you size the relief valve.

CS
thank a lot for your reply Stewartcs
if my system back pressure is about 2barG then, maximum flow rate will increased to be around 3100 lpm(9000 slpm) right?
(i've convert it from p1v1 = p2v2)

Last edited:

1. What is pump flow rate?

Pump flow rate is the volume of fluid that is moved through a pump per unit of time. It is typically measured in units of volume per unit of time, such as gallons per minute (GPM) or liters per second (L/s).

2. How is pump flow rate calculated?

Pump flow rate can be calculated by dividing the volume of fluid pumped by the time it takes to pump that volume. For example, if a pump moves 10 gallons of fluid in 1 minute, the flow rate would be 10 GPM.

3. What factors affect pump flow rate?

The flow rate of a pump can be affected by several factors, including the speed of the pump, the size and design of the pump, the viscosity of the fluid being pumped, and any obstructions or restrictions in the pump or piping system.

4. How does pump flow rate impact system performance?

The pump flow rate is a critical factor in determining the performance of a pumping system. If the flow rate is too low, the system may not be able to meet the required demand. If the flow rate is too high, it can cause excessive wear and tear on the pump and other components, leading to decreased efficiency and potential failure.

5. How can pump flow rate be controlled?

Pump flow rate can be controlled by adjusting the speed of the pump, changing the size or design of the pump, or using valves and other mechanisms to regulate the flow. It is important to carefully consider the system requirements and select a pump with the appropriate flow rate for optimal performance.