How did you guys become a science advisor in physics forums/ quantum physics?

• Thread starter Terra Incognita
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the process of becoming a science advisor on a physics forum and the dynamics between "dark" and "bright" masters in the community. The conversation also touches on the difference between experimentalists and theorists in terms of Nobel Prize recognition and the development of machinery based on theories such as GPS accuracy and future advancements in QCD.
Or astronomy advisor in his case...:tongue2:Nevertheless,it's still a reccomandation from Moonbear.:approve:

Daniel.

Physics news on Phys.org
dextercioby said:
Or astronomy advisor in his case...:tongue2:

Ever heard of "astrophysics"? :rolleyes:

Not lately,no...:tongue2: I've only listened to group theory in the past month,in fact.

Daniel.

SpaceTiger said:
Ever heard of "astrophysics"? :rolleyes:
As long as we don't start calling it astrology, you're okay. :tongue2:

SpaceTiger said:
I offered Moonbear free ice cream. Joke's on her, though, I never delivered it. :devil:
Yeah, but she didn't give you her personal biology lesson either which was part of the deal if I remember correctly. :wink:

My little sister's ex-boyfriend is an astrophysicist, he delivers pizza for a living. I guess he wasn't very good at astrophysics. :tongue:

*conversation with moonbear* moonbear? want an ice cream? any flavor you like! no, no, you don't have to pay for it, just do one thing. What was it? uummm...sscciiiieenncce...aaaddvviissooorrrr? what was it?

Evo said:
My little sister's ex-boyfriend is an astrophysicist, he delivers pizza for a living.

We have many skills to offer the business world. :biggrin:

Evo said:
My little sister's ex-boyfriend is an astrophysicist, he delivers pizza for a living. I guess he wasn't very good at astrophysics.
Look at the bright side. At least landed a night job.

Chronos said:
Look at the bright side. At least landed a night job.
And another positive, he found something he's good at. :biggrin: His parents (both professors) aren't so thrilled. My sister supported him for 10 years, they were on her side when she finally left him. (she's a psychologist, which makes me wonder if he was more a patient than a boyfriend). :uhh:

Last edited:
Evo said:
And another positive, he found something he's good at. :biggrin: His parents (both professors) aren't so thrilled. My sister supported him for 10 years, they were on her side when she finally left him. (she's a psychologist, which makes me wonder if he was more a patient than a boyfriend). :uhh:

I've often noticed that about women in psychology and social work type professions...they don't seem to find boyfriends so much as homework assignments. :rolleyes:

<h2>1. How did you become a science advisor in physics forums?</h2><p>Becoming a science advisor in physics forums requires a combination of knowledge, experience, and a passion for sharing and discussing scientific concepts. I have a strong background in physics and have been an active member in various physics forums for many years. I also have experience in teaching and mentoring students in physics, which has helped me develop the skills needed to effectively communicate complex ideas to others.</p><h2>2. What qualifications do you need to be a science advisor in physics forums?</h2><p>There is no set list of qualifications to become a science advisor in physics forums. However, having a strong understanding of physics and the ability to effectively communicate and explain scientific concepts is essential. It also helps to have experience in teaching or mentoring others in physics, as well as being an active member in physics communities.</p><h2>3. What inspired you to become a science advisor in physics forums?</h2><p>I have always been fascinated by the world of physics and enjoy discussing and sharing my knowledge with others. Being a science advisor in physics forums allows me to connect with a diverse group of individuals who share the same passion for science. It also gives me the opportunity to learn from others and stay updated on the latest developments in the field.</p><h2>4. How do you stay updated on the latest developments in quantum physics?</h2><p>As a science advisor, it is important to stay updated on the latest developments in quantum physics. I regularly attend conferences, seminars, and workshops related to quantum physics. I also read scientific journals and publications, and engage in discussions with other experts in the field. Additionally, being an active member in physics forums allows me to stay updated on the latest discussions and debates in quantum physics.</p><h2>5. What advice do you have for someone interested in becoming a science advisor in physics forums?</h2><p>My advice would be to have a strong foundation in physics and a passion for sharing and discussing scientific concepts. It is also important to actively participate in physics communities and engage in discussions with others. This will not only help you develop your communication skills, but also increase your knowledge and understanding of different perspectives in physics. Additionally, staying updated on the latest developments in the field is crucial for being an effective science advisor.</p>

1. How did you become a science advisor in physics forums?

Becoming a science advisor in physics forums requires a combination of knowledge, experience, and a passion for sharing and discussing scientific concepts. I have a strong background in physics and have been an active member in various physics forums for many years. I also have experience in teaching and mentoring students in physics, which has helped me develop the skills needed to effectively communicate complex ideas to others.

2. What qualifications do you need to be a science advisor in physics forums?

There is no set list of qualifications to become a science advisor in physics forums. However, having a strong understanding of physics and the ability to effectively communicate and explain scientific concepts is essential. It also helps to have experience in teaching or mentoring others in physics, as well as being an active member in physics communities.

3. What inspired you to become a science advisor in physics forums?

I have always been fascinated by the world of physics and enjoy discussing and sharing my knowledge with others. Being a science advisor in physics forums allows me to connect with a diverse group of individuals who share the same passion for science. It also gives me the opportunity to learn from others and stay updated on the latest developments in the field.

4. How do you stay updated on the latest developments in quantum physics?

As a science advisor, it is important to stay updated on the latest developments in quantum physics. I regularly attend conferences, seminars, and workshops related to quantum physics. I also read scientific journals and publications, and engage in discussions with other experts in the field. Additionally, being an active member in physics forums allows me to stay updated on the latest discussions and debates in quantum physics.

5. What advice do you have for someone interested in becoming a science advisor in physics forums?

My advice would be to have a strong foundation in physics and a passion for sharing and discussing scientific concepts. It is also important to actively participate in physics communities and engage in discussions with others. This will not only help you develop your communication skills, but also increase your knowledge and understanding of different perspectives in physics. Additionally, staying updated on the latest developments in the field is crucial for being an effective science advisor.