What Kind Of Nazis Run This Place?

• Thread starter anti-christ
  • Start date
In summary: i like to call it my "UNIFYING THEORY OF GOD"...how is these people can even claim to be scientists when they refuse to engage discussion and debate but instead automatically dismiss any topic with the word "GOD" in it as 'religious'? When an average of 90% of the human population believes in some form of 'GOD" i would argue that it is wrong to attempt to stifle such debate. but of course, they will probably lock this thread too because that's what they do. if you want to argue through the scientific method that there is a God, that'd be fine - but i'm quite certain you will not be able to provide any scientifically credible evidence to support that assertion. that is the reason the
anti-christ
please be advised that any topic dealing with religion that includes discussion of religious sects, current events of religion and especially preaching will be locked or deleted...for you new members, PF has a history of verbal wars instigated due to religion, and this is not the intent of the forums...the basis of these forums is to encourage people to discuss and learn about our scientific world. if you have the need to discuss religion, i suggest you try a forum specifically for that subject. thanks for your cooperation in advance.

so i make a post stating that WHATEVER scientific force or entity created the universe is "GOD"...this is a pretty generalized statement that i like to call my "UNIFYING THEORY OF GOD"...how is these people can even claim to be scientists when they refuse to engage discussion and debate but instead automatically dismiss any topic with the word "GOD" in it as 'religious'? When an average of 90% of the human population believes in some form of 'GOD" i would argue that it is wrong to attempt to stifle such debate but of course they will probably lock this thread too.

Physics news on Phys.org
If you want to argue through the scientific method that there is a God, that'd be fine - however, I'm quite certain you will not be able to provide any scientifically credible evidence to support that assertion. That is the reason the policy is scientifically acceptable.

This thread should probably be in the general discussion or feedback section.

The fact that someone wants to avoid religious discussions in a forum like this doesn't make him a nazi. Be careful what you say. On the other hand...this is the best example for the reasons WHY it's like that: Already in real life, and even more on the internet, religious discussions are often lead with a lot of emotions. Believers and Non-believers slam seemingly rational arguments forth and back, with not even the slightest chance to convince anybody of their beliefs (also atheists believe: that there is nothing). What is won if a forum is full of dead-end, stand-by, nonsense threads ("thread" is actually the wrong word, "pile" would be better) and personal offenses?

And if you are keen on such stuff, the broad world wide web will offer you MANY places to "empty your throat".

By the way, it would be useful if you told people when you quote someone.

edit: this was towards anti-christ, of course (russ has overtaken me...)

Last edited:
anti-christ said:
so i make a post stating that WHATEVER scientific force or entity created the universe is "GOD"...this is a pretty generalized statement that i like to call my "UNIFYING THEORY OF GOD"...how is these people can even claim to be scientists when they refuse to engage discussion and debate but instead automatically dismiss any topic with the word "GOD" in it as 'religious'? When an average of 90% of the human population believes in some form of 'GOD" i would argue that it is wrong to attempt to stifle such debate but of course they will probably lock this thread too.

ah yes, another "fresh" member protesting our rule of no religious discussion. ironically with the member name "anti-christ" ! i assure you mr anti, you aren't the first, and probably won't be the last to "put us in our place" regarding our gag rule of religious discussion. :biggrin: to give you some history, here at PF, we had to constantly play mentor referee to those who were given full access at god bashing, thus we did away with it...we have had members preach that we would all go to hell, those who preached we were insane for believing in any "god", so we stopped all discussion on it for good.

i can see you having a lot more fun in the AOL chat rooms entitled "Born again Christians" honestly...that way you can have real time conversations with those you want to debate the reality of "god" with...here you won't get that, but with your continued negative attitude you might earn the wonderful reward of "Cracker" :tongue:

for now, this gets punted like a football to feedback

::punt:: :eek:

anti-christ said:
please be advised that any topic dealing with religion that includes discussion of religious sects, current events of religion and especially preaching will be locked or deleted...for you new members, PF has a history of verbal wars instigated due to religion, and this is not the intent of the forums...the basis of these forums is to encourage people to discuss and learn about our scientific world. if you have the need to discuss religion, i suggest you try a forum specifically for that subject. thanks for your cooperation in advance.

The fact of the matter is that through our 4 years of experience running this community we've found it runs more productive to leave out non-scientific based religious discussion. End of story, thanks for your feedback
:smile:

I am new enough here that I have not experienced too much of the sort of debate being referenced. I guess I found this website too late! I may have to dig back through old threads to see what went down.

non-scientific based religious discussion

I AM A SCIENTIST AND MY POINT IS ENTIRELY BASED ON SCIENCE...

now maybe if u paid attention and didn't automatically ASSUME i am some religious fanatic u would realize it? all i have said is that WHATEVER force created the universe, multiverse, i.e. everything in existence that force is "GOD"...we know we exist bc we can taste, touch, feel, hear, and see and so everytime we sense something with one of our 5 known senses that proves the existence of the 'GOD' i speak of...it is a very SIMPLE concept so don't try to overanalyze it...anyway this is what i call my UNIFYING THEORY OF GOD...the purpose is to find a common ground for all people to agree on...if u don't trust your own 5 senses then u r schizophrenic and should go see a shrink...if u do trust your own 5 senses then u agree with me whether u admit it or not...this is what i call REALITIANITY which is merely a belief in REALITY as proven SCIENTIFICALLY with one's own 5 senses...

anti-christ said:

now maybe if u paid attention and didn't automatically ASSUME i am some religious fanatic u would realize it? all i have said is that WHATEVER force created the universe, multiverse, i.e. everything in existence that force is "GOD"...we know we exist bc we can taste, touch, feel, hear, and see and so everytime we sense something with one of our 5 known senses that proves the existence of the 'GOD' i speak of...it is a very SIMPLE concept so don't try to overanalyze it...anyway this is what i call my UNIFYING THEORY OF GOD...the purpose is to find a common ground for all people to agree on...if u don't trust your own 5 senses then u r schizophrenic and should go see a shrink...if u do trust your own 5 senses then u agree with me whether u admit it or not...this is what i call REALITIANITY which is merely a belief in REALITY as proven SCIENTIFICALLY with one's own 5 senses...

First lesson of pilot school, "don't trust your senses", they can be easily deceived.
:wink:

Are you actually trying to make this topic into your religious persuasive argument? Let's get back on topic to whether topics of religion should be accepted in PF otherwise I will lock it.

and shiczoforenzics are also god's beings or do you exclude them out of under your unification umbrella?

topic to whether topics of religion should be accepted in PF otherwise I will lock it.

well one might call my concept of REALITIANITY a 'religion' but i call it SCIENCE...possibily the most important scientific endeavour of all time...using science to end wars...what could be a greater idea?

If it's 'science', then by definition it will follow the scientific method ... presumably then you have proposals and assertions, from which follow predictions (that anyone can derive from your ideas), which can be tested (by anyone) through experiment and observation.

Without seeing your proposals, if the 'prediction' is a political program to 'end wars', I would guess it involves what we call 'economics' (at least).

presumably then you have proposals and assertions, from which follow predictions (that anyone can derive from your ideas), which can be tested (by anyone) through experiment and observation

i propose that "GOD" is whatever created everything in existence i.e. REALITY and that anyone who wants to can use their own 5 senses to detect REALITY

anti-christ said:
presumably then you have proposals and assertions, from which follow predictions (that anyone can derive from your ideas), which can be tested (by anyone) through experiment and observation

i propose that "GOD" is whatever created everything in existence i.e. REALITY and that anyone who wants to can use their own 5 senses to detect REALITY
This does not answer a single question, it offers no explanation. It is simply another way of saying "I don't know"

The object of Physics is to explore how the universe functions by observation and careful application of basic principles. To say god did it, is simply not a meaningful answer.

What you BELIEVE about the creation of the universe is immaterial. The mission of this site is to discuss what has been learned via the scientific method, not to argue belief systems.

Perhaps some day, using the scientific method, we will discover gods signature in the source code of the universe, until then we cannot simply assume it exists and quit looking.

anti-christ said:

now maybe if u paid attention and didn't automatically ASSUME i am some religious fanatic u would realize it?

i sense some pent up frustration here...i still think you would have more fun debating with christians in the AOL chat room :tongue:

perhaps you didn't pay attention when i stated :
" those who preached we were insane for believing in any "god", "

we stopped religious discussion because those from one end of the spectrum to the other tended to insult and whine on about god or no god. as Greg stated, end of discussion.

anti-christ said:
well one might call my concept of REALITIANITY a 'religion' but i call it SCIENCE...possibily the most important scientific endeavour of all time...using science to end wars...what could be a greater idea?

AND

I propose that we end wars by walking into draft offices, singing a bar of "Alice's Restaurant", and walking out again. :biggrin:

It's not science though. :frown:

anti-christ, I am a member here, I am not an administrator, mentor or advisor. I have to agree with the forum's decision to close religious discussions. Any approach to religion, whether it is scientific or spiritual quickly degrades into a non-productive battle of who's right and who's wrong and often turns nasty.

If you wish to discuss your scientific approach to religion or creation, there are many places on the internet for that type of discussion. You may have some great ideas, but that doesn't make it appropriate for this forum.

I come here because I personally think it is the best forum of it's kind on the internet. There are a lot of great, friendly, helpful people here.

Try to remember with the size of the membership and the volume of posts here, rules are necessary in order to maintain integrity.

P.S. A bit of advice - your posts would be clearer and make more sense if when you are referencing something previously posted, you would show it as a quote. This separates it from "your" response. You can use the "quote" button on the bottom right of the post you are referring to.

Bait and switch?

anti-christ said:
If you had a specific, testable proposal for "whatever created everything in existence" (whatever that might mean) then perhaps that may be a suitable topic for discussion on a physics forum. Why hide it behind the label "God"? Sounds like nothing more than semantic sleight of hand.

Not to brag, but every now and then, I like to quote myself:
russ_watters said:
If you want to argue through the scientific method that there is a God, that'd be fine - however, I'm quite certain you will not be able to provide any scientifically credible evidence to support that assertion. That is the reason the policy is scientifically acceptable.
The words "scientifically credible" were emphasized for a reason - and have now been re-emphasized by several other mentors.

Science is like baseball. It has a certain set of rules. If you try to punt or throw a touchdown pass, you're not playing baseball. And it isn't up to the players to decide what is and isn't acceptable, its up to the umpires and governing comission.

Similarly, science has a set of rules (the scientific method). These are what lay out what is and isn't science. In this forum, the people who decide whether an idea adheres to this (and thus, if the subject belongs here or not) are the mentors.

Say your argument is scientific as many times as you want: we disagree and we can assure you the vast majority of scientists would similarly disagree. You're not following the rules of the game.

It's confusing. The new person may be confused.

Some of the threads have quite a bit of religious chit-chat allowed, as long as it isn't the main thrust of the discussion...

Some get the ol' lock slammed on...

Some would say some of the folks here have made quite a formal religion out of science and the present-day scientific method.

Some would say some people are pretty darned pushy about stuffing their beliefs down others' throats by force...both religious and non-religious try the ol' force-feeding routine, which probably converts all believers into non-believers and non-believers into believers, just out of disgust...

Some call upon the "scientific method" with as much fervor as a worshipper calling upon scripture...and confuse the rules of a little forum with much greater and broader rules.

Some claim a theory or proposal does not qualify for consideration as a "scientific" theory...without actually reading about the theory...

Some forget that majority, in science, should never rule. Many scientists have suffered and science has suffered because of an inflexibility in thought about what science is and how it should be conducted.

Some are grinding an ax where it needn't be ground...not to get a lock thrown on me, but in my Good Book, it says there is a time and a season to everything...and religion on PF, pure religion, religion as the topic and not as an aside, is not the time, the place, the season.

And some folks are just plain unreasonable-acting, on both sides of this fence. Which is why the baby got thrown out with the bathwater, religion-wise. It had to turn out like that...as a Jesus Freak, I've been pretty much left alone, so you have to get pretty extreme to get The Lock, I think...

I wish people would mellow a bit...be a little kinder to the denizens of this board...don't go calling folks Nazis, and don't go wishing AOL on people...man, there are some mean streets out there, been on 'em, can't we play nice here? There are some people here saved my neck, saved my dream of being a sonographer...this is a place, a little home, a little niche, for quite a few wounded souls, I think...c'mon, let's keep it smooth, keep a good thought for each other, don't take it bad when you get The Lock, play by the folks' rules...g'night...two people died on my shift today...it's a quick trip through this ol' world, wishing you all the best. This is way too long.

Yea. All that stuff Holly said.

Bloomin' DITTO right. '

Good job, Holly. I couldn't figure out exactly how to express it (edit: my feelings on this thread). I'm glad you did.

Rut Roh, Ri ritto rour ritto.

Ri rike rhee rway roo ralk, roo. Scooby Forever!

anti-christ said:
how is these people can even claim to be scientists when they refuse to engage discussion and debate but instead automatically dismiss any topic with the word "GOD" in it as 'religious'?

The veterans here did debate it...frequently...back when we had a religion forum. But Greg, the website owner, prefers to focus the forums on scientific discussions. The majority of PF staff and I think members agree with this policy. Sorry you disagree. There are many other forums around where you can discuss pantheism.

"If you want to argue through the scientific method that there is a God, that'd be fine - however, I'm quite certain you will not be able to provide any scientifically credible evidence to support that assertion. That is the reason the policy is scientifically acceptable."

if THIS is the basis of your argument then it is fundamentally flawed...i.e. i will use logic to DESTROY it...

if "GOD" is WHATEVER force or entity that created the universe, multiverse, everything in existence including your computer screens, etc. then every single time a HUMAN i.e. the people reading this text use their eyes to read each letter i type they are giving 'scientifically credible evidence' to support my assertion that reality does exist AND it was created by "GOD"...if u don't believe me have 10 people who aren't BLIND to sit at their keyboards and ask them to read what i have typed and after they are done ask them if their EYES saw anything? they will say YES bc they DID see something... it is common sense and your argument is pathetic...

WWIII started on 9/11/01 but most people don't realize it yet...if geniuses can create answers to solves the worlds problems exactly WHO do u expect to do it? Dubya Gump? i don't think so... Osama Bin Laden? ain't going to happen....we must find a way to end the 'holy wars' and when 90% of HUMANS believe in a "GOD" a unifying theory of "GOD" is the only way i can think of to begin to get people to co-exist peacefully...the weakness in their 'religions' is that the texts were written by HUMANS not their "GOD" pointing out this flaw to them boggles their minds and then they can start to see truth...the majority of them were BRAINWASHED by their parents from the time they were born...anyway this is only my opinion and i could be wrong...sorry if it is too much of a task to ask u to help but i imagine some of u may have a hard time crawling into your textbooks when the entire planet is exploding around u...of course u could be like BIG BROTHER BUSH and silence the opposition

Last edited:
anti-christ said:
every single time a HUMAN i.e. the people reading this text use their eyes to read each letter i type they are giving 'scientifically credible evidence' to support my assertion that reality does exist AND it was created by "GOD"

Your evidence is based on an unprovable assumption.

Your evidence is based on an unprovable assumption.

If so then every single experiment EVER performed via the scientific method is flawed bc they ALL require humans to use their 5 senses of taste, touch, smell, hearing, and/or vision to complete the data collection process...

as i c it the problem with some of u is that u too have been brainwashed by the 'scientific method' which might as well be a 'religion' in it's own right and the FALSE notion that ANYTHING that mentions the word 'GOD" is automatically by definition 'unscientific' when i have clearly used plain lowest common denominator common sense that even a mentally retarded person should be able to understand to develop my
"UNIFYING THEORY OF GOD". (which i blatantly admit is a THEORY)
the point of this theory is that if roughly 90% of humans believe in some form of "GOD" then the only way to get the message of good science i.e. the 'scientific method' across to the masses is to develop a 'religion' based on the SCIENTIFIC METHOD and that is what i call REALITIANITY which is merely a belief in reality defined by an individuals own 5 senses... i.e. believing in things that are VERIFIABLE and agreeing to disagree on the things that aren't...

Last edited:
anti-christ said:
if "GOD" is WHATEVER force or entity that created the universe, multiverse, everything in existence including your computer screens, etc. then every single time a HUMAN i.e. the people reading this text use their eyes to read each letter i type they are giving 'scientifically credible evidence' to support my assertion that reality does exist AND it was created by "GOD"...
Your argument is silly and circular.

All you are saying is that whatever created "the universe, multiverse, everything" created it. Duh! Giving it the label "GOD" adds nothing and is hardly a scientific theory.

Why do you assume that "REALITY" was created in the first place? All you are doing is assigning a label (GOD) to this presumed "creator". At least you aren't claiming that your "GOD" is running around in a flowing robe! :rolleyes:

But now we're getting into the debate. The Original Post has been answered.

Phobos said:
But now we're getting into the debate. The Original Post has been answered.

Right, just thought this was entertaining though :smile:

1. What is the meaning behind the phrase "What Kind Of Nazis Run This Place?"

The phrase "What Kind Of Nazis Run This Place?" is often used as a rhetorical question to express frustration or disapproval with the current state of affairs in a particular organization or society. It references the authoritarian and oppressive tactics of the Nazi regime during World War II.

2. Is the use of the term "Nazis" appropriate in this context?

The use of the term "Nazis" in this phrase is meant to be provocative and draw attention to the oppressive and authoritarian behavior of those in power. However, it can also be seen as insensitive and trivializing the atrocities committed by the Nazi regime. Some may argue that it is better to use a different term to convey the same message.

3. Can this phrase be considered hate speech?

The use of this phrase can be considered hate speech depending on the context and intention behind it. If it is used to promote discrimination or violence against a particular group of people, then it can be classified as hate speech. However, if it is used as a form of expression to criticize oppressive behavior, then it may not be considered hate speech.

4. How does this phrase relate to current societal issues?

This phrase can be seen as a commentary on the current political and social climate, where there is a growing concern about authoritarian and oppressive tendencies in various institutions. It can also be used to draw attention to systemic issues of discrimination and inequality within society.

5. Is it appropriate to use this phrase in professional or formal settings?

The use of this phrase in professional or formal settings may not be appropriate as it can be seen as unprofessional and disrespectful. It may also create a hostile or uncomfortable environment for those who do not share the same views. It is important to consider the context and audience before using this phrase in a professional setting.