How do I calculate pixels number

• Thread starter Telushomey
  • Start date
In summary, adults and kids require a different distance between their eyes when viewing 3D video. Adults need 2.5 inches between their eyes, which is equivalent to a difference of 52 pixels between their left and right eyes (26 pixels each). For kids, the distance between their eyes is 2.0 inches, but the number of pixels is still unknown (less than 26 pixels each). To calculate this, a proportion can be used, such as 2.5/2.0 = 52/x, which would result in approximately 19 pixels difference for each eye for kids. This is not related to screen resolution, but rather for cropping to create a negative or positive parallax effect.
Telushomey
Adults need 2.5" between Eyes, but this is too far for kids eyes.
Adults = 2.5" = 52 Pixels difference = left eye 26 pixels, Right eye 26 pixels
Kids = 2.0" = ? Pixels = Left eye ? Pixels = Right eye ? Pixels (less than 26 each eye is all I know)

This is to calculate the parallax in 3D video. I need to know how much pixels kids use, and all I know is it's less than the 52 pixels for Adults eyes.

Last edited:
Mathematics news on Phys.org
Telushomey said:
Adults need 2.5" between Eyes, but this is too far for kids eyes.
Adults = 2.5" = 52 Pixels difference = left eye 26 pixels, Right eye 26 pixels
Kids = 2.0" = ? Pixels = Left eye ? Pixels = Right eye ? Pixels (less than 26 each eye is all I know)
I have no idea what you're trying to say here.
Telushomey said:
This is to calculate the parallax in 3D video. I need to know how much pixels kids use, and all I know is it's less than the 52 pixels for Adults eyes.
??

So 2.5" is equivalent to 52 Pixels, or 52 pixels = 2.5" inches difference.
52 Pixels = 26 Pixels * 2 (26 pixels each eye)

I need to know how many pixels if the inches used is 2.0 inches difference, not 2.5 inches.
I think I need to use division but don't know how.

Use a proportion. 2.5/2.0 = 52/x

What kind of a screen is this you're working with? ~20 pixels/inch seems very low resolution to me.

Mark44 said:
Use a proportion. 2.5/2.0 = 52/x

What kind of a screen is this you're working with? ~20 pixels/inch seems very low resolution to me.

It's not resolution, it's for cropping to make parallax either negative or positive.

Maybe this is the way?

2.5 / 2.0 = 1.25
52*1.25 =65
65 - 52 = 13
52 - 13 = 39
38 / 2 = 19 pixels difference each eye.

Thank you Mark44!

Last edited:

1. How do I calculate the number of pixels in an image?

To calculate the number of pixels in an image, you need to know its width and height in pixels. Then, simply multiply the width by the height to get the total number of pixels. For example, if an image is 800 pixels wide and 600 pixels tall, the total number of pixels would be 800 x 600 = 480,000 pixels.

2. What is the formula for calculating the number of pixels in an image?

The formula for calculating the number of pixels in an image is: Width x Height = Total Number of Pixels. This formula applies to both digital and print images.

3. How do I find the width and height of an image in pixels?

To find the width and height of an image in pixels, you can use an image editing software like Photoshop or GIMP. Most image viewers also have an option to view an image's properties, which will display its dimensions in pixels.

4. Can I calculate the number of pixels in a physical object?

No, pixels are a measure of digital images and cannot be applied to physical objects. However, you can measure the dimensions of a physical object in centimeters or inches and then convert them to pixels if you need to display the object as an image on a digital platform.

5. Why is it important to know the number of pixels in an image?

Knowing the number of pixels in an image is important because it determines the image's resolution and quality. A higher number of pixels means a higher resolution, resulting in a clearer and more detailed image. This is especially important for print images or images that will be displayed on larger screens.