Kindle Math, Science, and Philosophy eBooks

In summary, the Kindle is a good choice for people who want to read science and math books on their device.
Dougggggg
So I actually received an Amazon Kindle for Christmas this year and I was wondering if anyone knew some must-buys in Math or Physics for the Kindle. The more I thought about this, I wondered if making a thread full of must-have ebooks for the Kindle. Not just for my own personal use, but for the benefit of any member here who happen to own a Kindle (Hence the Science and Philosophy parts in the title as opposed to just Math and Physics).

Physics news on Phys.org
Douggggggg, that's actually a good idea. Let me ask you a question regarding kindle.

Is it good for science books? (let's say math books - equations, tables, graphics, etc etc)

If you can, it would be nice to see a screenshot or something

I'm actually out of the country so any pictures with my phone cannot be sent to my email until I get back. I was reading a sample of a Differential Equations book and it looked quite nice. Another book I was reading had figures that were in the text, if they referred to it, I could just select where it referred to. Then I would be taken to the page that has the figure on it. (for example, as see in fig 12.3). So far all I have bought was Soren Kierkegaard "Fear and Trembling." It was about 0.78 British Pounds. So less than $1.50 and it is a pretty good book.

I also received a Kindle for Christmas. It is a DX version and I find it quite convenient for reading science books. The only problem I run into so far is that one cannot change a font for pdf files downloaded from a computer. One can only to zoom in the page. But there is a simple work around the issue - turn the Kindle in the horizontal position and a layout of the text will change accordingly.

Well - if we are on the topic of ebook readers. What is the best one for DJVU files? Obviously they cannot be "re-flowed" so a larger screen would come in handy...

1. What is Kindle Math, Science, and Philosophy eBooks?

Kindle Math, Science, and Philosophy eBooks are digital versions of books that can be read on a Kindle e-reader or the Kindle app. They cover a wide range of topics in the fields of math, science, and philosophy, and are easily accessible and portable.

2. Can I read Kindle Math, Science, and Philosophy eBooks on any device?

Yes, you can read these eBooks on any device that has the Kindle app installed, including smartphones, tablets, and computers. You can also read them on a Kindle e-reader.

3. Are these eBooks reliable sources for research and studies?

Yes, the majority of Kindle Math, Science, and Philosophy eBooks are written by experts in their respective fields and are published by reputable publishers. However, it is always important to critically evaluate any source, including eBooks, for credibility and accuracy.

4. Can I purchase individual chapters from these eBooks?

Some Kindle Math, Science, and Philosophy eBooks may offer the option to purchase individual chapters, but this depends on the publisher. Most eBooks are sold as a complete book, but you can still purchase and download only the chapters you need.

5. Are there any interactive features in these eBooks?

Some Kindle Math, Science, and Philosophy eBooks may include interactive features such as quizzes, videos, and links to additional resources. However, this varies from eBook to eBook and depends on the publisher's design and format.