Can I Claim EIT if I'm Certain I passed?

• Thread starter willibre
  • Start date
  • Tags
    eit
In summary, you took the exam, but don't know if you passed or not. You are graduating in 2 months, so you want to put EIT on your resume but you don't know if you passed or not.
willibre
I took the FE exam last weekend and I'm sure I passed. However, the results won't come back for ~12 weeks. I am graduating in 2 months, and some of the jobs I'm interested in say, "EIT preferred", so it would be nice if I could put EIT on my resume. I guess the best thing to do would be something like, "EIT, expected certification: date". Thanks for the input.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
It would be untruthful and therefore completely wrong to claim that which has not been awarded. You could write "Exam taken, did well" or words to that effect. But to claim that the EIT status has been conferred when it has not could land you in real trouble, particularly if you did not pass.

Putting down expected dates for graduations and certifications on a resume is an accepted practice.

Claiming to have a certification that you don't, isn't. :smile:

I sympathize, but no matter how certain you are that you aced the exam, you must not claim anything you do not have evidence of. The EIT is too easily checked online.

One of the big issues behind the PE certificate is ethics. You must not have ethical lapses like this, or your application will be that much harder to justify.

Claiming qualifications you haven't got is an absolute no-no. In the company I work for it would be an automatic "reject application" if it was found out (and as others said, it's easy to check).

You can certainly put the date you took the test and when you expect the results. Personally I would leave out the "did well" comment. You won't gain anything if it is true, but you will lose some credibility if it isn't. And different people might have different ideas about what score counts as "done well", when the results are out.

Can I Claim EIT if I'm Certain I Passed?

1. Can I claim EIT if I passed the exam but have not received the official results yet?

As long as you are certain that you have passed the EIT exam, you can claim EIT status. You do not need to wait for official results to come in before claiming your EIT status.

2. Do I need to provide proof of passing the EIT exam in order to claim EIT status?

No, you do not need to provide any proof of passing the EIT exam in order to claim EIT status. Your word that you have passed the exam is enough.

3. Is there a time limit for claiming EIT status after passing the exam?

There is no specific time limit for claiming EIT status after passing the exam. However, it is recommended to claim your EIT status as soon as possible to ensure that your status is recognized by employers and other professionals.

4. Can I claim EIT status if I took the exam in a different state or country?

Yes, you can claim EIT status even if you took the exam in a different state or country. As long as you have passed the EIT exam, you are eligible to claim EIT status.

5. Is there a fee for claiming EIT status?

There is no fee for claiming EIT status. However, there may be fees associated with registering for the EIT exam and obtaining official results. It is important to check with your state or country's licensing board for specific fees and requirements.