Seeing Orthogonal views in 3-D?

• Thread starter Matriculator
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Orthogonal
In summary, the conversation was about a person struggling to visualize the orthogonal view of an object in 3-D, with the main issue being the continuous surface on the front view and the presence of rectangular blocks on the back view. The conversation also touched on the difficulty of understanding the object without a right view and the confirmation that the drawing in post 3 was correct. The person expressing gratitude for the help and effort spent on figuring out the object.
Matriculator
I'm having a hard time envisioning what the orthogonal view of this object in 3-D. It is mainly because of the continuous surface on the front view. Is that way in the back and the there are rectangular blocks sticking out? Thank you. I would have an easier time if a right view was included but there are the only two views.

Attachments

• views.png
    views.png
    1.8 KB · Views: 509
Engineering news on Phys.org
Matriculator said:
Is that way in the back, and then there are rectangular blocks sticking out?
Yes, exactly. Very good, Matriculator. There are rectangular blocks sticking out.

It is complicated and tricky.

nvn said:
Yes, exactly. Very good, Matriculator. There are rectangular blocks sticking out.

It is complicated and tricky.

I didn't build this to scale is it something like this?

Attachments

• Evdence.jpg
    Evdence.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 491
When I display the views in SW they seem to match up. But I still think that it's still be a bit too convoluted to be that.

Last edited:
Matriculator: Yes, you drew it correctly in post 3. Nice work.

nvn said:
Matriculator: Yes, you drew it correctly in post 3. Nice work.

Thank you very much sir. I spent hours thinking about this.

1. What are orthogonal views in 3-D?

Orthogonal views in 3-D refer to the representation of a 3-dimensional object using three 2-dimensional views, each taken from a different direction. These views are typically called front, top, and side views and are used to accurately depict the shape and dimensions of an object.

2. Why are orthogonal views important in 3-D modeling?

Orthogonal views are important in 3-D modeling because they provide a clearer and more accurate representation of an object's shape and dimensions. This is especially useful in engineering and architecture, where precise measurements and dimensions are crucial.

3. How do you create orthogonal views in 3-D?

To create orthogonal views in 3-D, you can use specialized software or manually draw the views using a drafting program. The process involves selecting the appropriate views and projecting them onto 2-dimensional planes, while maintaining accurate measurements and proportions.

4. Can you see orthogonal views in 3-D without special equipment?

Yes, orthogonal views can be seen without special equipment. By using the appropriate software or manually drawing the views, you can view them on a computer screen or on paper. However, specialized equipment such as 3-D glasses or virtual reality headsets may be necessary to view the object in its 3-dimensional form.

5. Are there different types of orthogonal views in 3-D?

Yes, there are different types of orthogonal views in 3-D. The most common type is the standard views, which include front, top, and side views. Other types include auxiliary views, which show the object from a different angle, and section views, which display the internal features of an object.