Movement of charged particles

In summary: You are only asking for help with lessons and not with understanding the answers.In summary, the question is asking why with the movement of charged particles a magnetic force develops through it? Is it have any relation with quantum? Explain to me all about it.
harjot singh
here is my question,a simple one that is :-

why with the movement of charged particles a magnetic force develops through it?is it have any relation with quantum?explain me all about it?

Physics news on Phys.org
Gosh! It usually takes dedicated students a few years to get to a place where they can understand the answer ...
For this reason PF does not actually deliver lessons - only assistance with lessons.

What have you done to try to find out so far?

The short answers are unlikely to help you:
There is a magnetic field associated with movement of charge because "thems the rules" - electricity and magnetism are manifestations of the same property. It has more to do with relativity than QM.

Simon Bridge said:
Gosh! It usually takes dedicated students a few years to get to a place where they can understand the answer ...
For this reason PF does not actually deliver lessons - only assistance with lessons.

What have you done to try to find out so far?

The short answers are unlikely to help you:
There is a magnetic field associated with movement of charge because "thems the rules" - electricity and magnetism are manifestations of the same property. It has more to do with relativity than QM.

sir,i truly appreciate ur all answers to my questions but the fact is that my appetite is not satisfied with the answers of my level,although i appreciate u inall terms.
thnxx and thnxx tou drakitth for replying

yes there is a relationship to 'quantum'...but 'why' questions in physics are never simple.

try here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_electrodynamics

which starts out:
In particle physics, quantum electrodynamics (QED) is the relativistic quantum field theory of electrodynamics. In essence, it describes how light and matter interact and is the first theory where full agreement between quantum mechanics and special relativity is achieved. QED mathematically describes all phenomena involving electrically charged particles interacting by means of exchange of photons and represents the quantum counterpart of classical electromagnetism giving a complete account of matter and light interaction.

So we have developed insights that link light/photons [electromagnetic phenomena] with 'charged' particles...What even is 'charge'...just a set of actions we observe.

Much of the Standard Model of particle physics, which includes relativistic QED, is based on observation and mathematical attempts to explain such observations. Nobody knows why moving charge has associated magnetic field effects...'them's the rules' as was posted. We try to explain what we observe, rarely 'why'...

Sure we have math that explains such action, but WHY that action and not some other...why does some math replicate observations and other math doesn't leading to false predictions...many times nobody knows. Nobody even knows why this universe is made of matter rather than antimatter for example.

Why is there charge? All we can really say is because we observe a particular set of actions, we can model and describe mathematically via a concept of 'charge'...

“The eternal mystery of the world is its comprehensibility” from Albert Einstein is a bit of a simplification.

If you want to know why it creates a magnetic field then I'm afraid the answers probably won't satisfy you at any level. It just does.

harjot singh said:
sir,i truly appreciate ur all answers to my questions but the fact is that my appetite is not satisfied with the answers of my level,although i appreciate u inall terms.
thnxx and thnxx tou drakitth for replying
Unfortunately you can only understand the answers that are at your level - i.e. I could answer the question with a lot of math but would that do you any good? I could explain to you in terms of changes in the electric field if you like? But if you don't know about electric fields there's no point. See what I mean?

You want to know how the phenomena of magnetism comes about from the movement of charges yes?

It's like asking how a coin showing heads can also show tails ... electricity and magnetism are different aspects of the same thing.

please explain my question (ZapperZ)

None of us can do better that we have already because you refuse to tell us what we need to know to help you.

1. What is the difference between positive and negative charges?

Positive charges have an excess of protons, while negative charges have an excess of electrons. These charges interact with each other to create electrical forces.

2. How do charged particles move?

Charged particles move in response to electrical forces. The direction of movement is determined by the balance of positive and negative charges and the strength of the electrical fields they create.

3. What is an electric field?

An electric field is a region in space where a charged particle experiences a force. It is created by the presence of other charged particles and can be thought of as a network of invisible lines of force.

4. How do charged particles interact with each other?

Charged particles interact with each other through electrical forces. Like charges repel each other, while opposite charges attract. These interactions play a crucial role in many natural phenomena, including chemical reactions and the functioning of electronic devices.

5. What is the significance of charged particle movement in everyday life?

The movement of charged particles is the basis for many technological advancements, including electricity, electronics, and communication systems. It also plays a crucial role in natural processes such as weather patterns and the functioning of the human nervous system.