Solving LaTeX Problem: "LaTeX graphic is being generated

• LaTeX
  • Thread starter vantheman
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Latex
In summary, the conversation is about a user's attempt to use LateX in their journal post, but they only receive a message stating that the graphic is being generated. They have tried closing and re-opening the post, as well as posting without previewing, but the formula still does not appear. It is then mentioned that LateX is not available in journals.
vantheman
Tried to use LateX in my journal i.e. [tex]a^2 + b^2 = c^2[/tex] but it didn't work. What I got was a box with the message "LaTeX graphic is being generated. Reload this page in a moment."

I closed it and re-opened it but I didn't get the proper math notation and I retained the same message where the graphic was supposed to be.

Did I do something wrong. How do I make this work?:frown:

Physics news on Phys.org
Did you actually post it or just preview the post?

I know everytime I have tried to preview the post to make sure I have the LateX right it never works. Then as soon as I post it with no changes it works as long as it's not a preview.

Just delete and repost as necessary

I didn't preview and I tried closing, re-opening and closing again and the formula still does not appear, just the box with the statement that 'LaTeX graphic is being generated.' But it doesn't generate it?

As far as I can tell, [tex]\LaTeX[/tex] hasn't worked in the Journals.
Here was my attempt https://www.physicsforums.com/journal.php?do=showjournal&j=5

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks ROBPHY. I thought that might be the problem.

That is correct, LaTex is not available in journals.

1. Why is my LaTeX graphic not being generated?

There could be a few reasons for this. One possibility is that there is an error in your LaTeX code. Check for any missing or incorrect commands or syntax. Another possibility is that there is an issue with the file path or location of your graphic file. Make sure it is in the correct folder and that the path is correctly specified in your code. Finally, it could be a problem with your LaTeX compiler or viewer. Try using a different one to see if that solves the issue.

2. How can I troubleshoot errors in my LaTeX code?

The best way to troubleshoot errors in your LaTeX code is to use the error messages that are generated when you compile your document. These messages will give you clues as to where the error is occurring and what the issue might be. You can also try commenting out sections of your code to isolate the problem. Additionally, there are many online resources and forums where you can ask for help with specific errors.

3. My graphic is not appearing in my document, but there are no error messages. What could be the problem?

There are a few possible reasons for this. One possibility is that the graphic file is not in a format that is supported by LaTeX. Make sure you are using a supported format such as PDF, PNG, or JPG. Another possibility is that the graphic is being placed outside of the visible area of your document. Check the coordinates and scale of the graphic to make sure it is placed correctly. Lastly, make sure the graphic is included in your document using the \includegraphics command and that the file name and path are correct.

4. Can I include multiple graphics in my LaTeX document?

Yes, you can include multiple graphics in your document by using the \includegraphics command multiple times. Make sure to specify the correct file name and path for each graphic. You can also adjust the positioning, scale, and other parameters for each graphic individually.

5. How can I improve the quality of my LaTeX graphics?

To improve the quality of your LaTeX graphics, you can increase the resolution by using a higher quality graphic file or by adjusting the resolution settings in your LaTeX compiler. You can also adjust the size and scale of your graphic within your document. Additionally, there are various packages and settings in LaTeX that can improve the quality of your graphics, such as the graphicx package and the \includegraphics option for specifying the resolution.