Who's Up for Some Badminton on Wednesdays?

• Thread starter Bladibla
  • Start date
In summary, Badminton is a racquet sport played either by two players or two pairs on a rectangular court divided by a net. The objective is to hit a shuttlecock over the net and into the opponent's half of the court without them being able to return it. The basic rules include serving from the right side, crossing the net and landing inside the opponent's court, and only one hit per side. The main equipment needed is a racquet and shuttlecock, along with comfortable athletic clothing and shoes. Playing Badminton has various benefits such as improving cardiovascular health and muscle strength, and it is also a popular sport with millions of players and fans worldwide.
Bladibla
Hey Everyone. Long time no see.

Anyone play Badminton here regularly?

Physics news on Phys.org
I use to play it twice a week for fun, and my friend was one of the top in south afirca why's that?

i play about 3 times a week for 2hours each at my new university.

I've been playing just about every Wednesday for the last month and a half or so.

1. What is Badminton?

Badminton is a racquet sport played by either two players (singles) or two pairs (doubles) on a rectangular court divided by a net. The objective of the game is to hit a shuttlecock over the net and into the opponent's half of the court without the opponent being able to return it.

2. What are the rules of Badminton?

The basic rules of Badminton include serving from the right side of the court, the shuttlecock must cross over the net and land inside the opponent's court, only one hit is allowed per side, and players must not touch the net with their racquets or body. For a complete list of rules, refer to the Badminton World Federation's official rulebook.

3. What equipment is needed to play Badminton?

The main equipment needed to play Badminton is a racquet and shuttlecock (also known as a birdie). It is also recommended to wear comfortable athletic clothing and non-marking shoes. Some players may also use wristbands, headbands, and other accessories for comfort and grip.

4. What are the benefits of playing Badminton?

Badminton is a great form of physical activity that can improve cardiovascular health, hand-eye coordination, and reflexes. It also helps to improve muscle strength and endurance, as well as provide a fun and social form of exercise.

5. Is Badminton a popular sport?

Yes, Badminton is a popular sport with millions of players and fans around the world. It is especially popular in Asian countries such as China, Indonesia, and India. It is also an Olympic sport, with both individual and team events.