Finding Planck's Formula Transforms for High/Low Frequencies

In summary, the conversation is about finding the Planck's formula for high and low frequencies and the proof for it. The conversation also mentions the Wien displacement law and how it relates to Planck's law. The conversation ends with a suggestion to figure out why the (-1) is removed in order to get Wien's law from Planck's law.
vahide
could you find the planks formulas transformation for high and low frequencies please.

Physics news on Phys.org
planks law

could you declare the planks formula through [tex]\lambda[/tex] please

vahide said:
could you declare the planks formula through [tex]\lambda[/tex] please

You'll have to help me help you. Is the link I provided for you any use? If so, you (should) know a formula relating frequency and wavelength.

vahide said:
thank you
i found that but i need proof of this.
There's a proof on that page!

Note that you will probably know a lot more than me about this topic.

planks law

could you prove this
[tex]\lambda_{max}[/tex]*T=constant=x
and find x
by planks formula?

vahide said:
could you prove this
[tex]\lambda_{max}[/tex]*T=constant=x
and find x
by planks formula?

yes, that is Wiens displacement law.
Just Do the "approximation" Wien "did" and find maximum. I.e remove the (-1) in the denominator in placks law.

Wiens radiation law is for small wavelengths, and Rayleighs is for large. Planck is for all.
Now try figure out WHY the (-1) is removed in order to get Wiens law from placks law.

1. What is Planck's formula and why is it important?

Planck's formula is an equation that describes the relationship between the energy of a photon and its frequency. It is important because it provides a fundamental understanding of the behavior of electromagnetic radiation and has been used to make significant advancements in fields such as quantum mechanics and astrophysics.

2. How does Planck's formula transform for high frequencies?

At high frequencies, Planck's formula transforms into the classical equation for the energy of a photon, E=hf, where h is Planck's constant and f is the frequency of the photon. This means that at high frequencies, the energy of a photon is directly proportional to its frequency.

3. How does Planck's formula transform for low frequencies?

At low frequencies, Planck's formula transforms into the classical equation for the energy of a harmonic oscillator, E=(n+1/2)hf, where n is the number of photons present. This means that at low frequencies, the energy of a photon is quantized and can only have certain discrete values.

4. How is Planck's formula used in practical applications?

Planck's formula is used in many practical applications, such as the development of solar cells, lasers, and LED lights. It is also used in various medical imaging techniques, such as MRI and PET scans, and in telecommunications technology.

5. Are there any limitations to Planck's formula?

While Planck's formula has been successful in describing the behavior of electromagnetic radiation, it does have limitations. For example, it does not take into account the effects of relativity and does not fully explain the behavior of particles at the quantum level. Additionally, it cannot be used to accurately describe the behavior of radiation at extremely high energies such as those found in black holes.