How do i post a picture with my question?

• Thread starter Omegared
  • Start date
In summary: If you post pictures as attachments, please make sure you include the [ img] tags so that they will show up in the post.
Omegared
well i have a few important questions to ask and i would like to post some pictures to make them as clear as possible (i would prefer if they could be seen with the question not as a link) and i was wondering if someone could please show me how.

here is a test i am not sure if it will work

once i find out how to post pics i will post my problem

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
it didn't work sorry

You can insert the image as an attachment to the post. Click on the paper clip above the text box when you are typing the post. The only problem with this is that you'll have to wait for a mentor to approve the image before anyone can see it.

Also, if your questions are homework type questions, please post them in the appropriate homework help section:

https://www.physicsforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=152

hmmm

would it be possible to some how post the pictures directly in with the question like on a word document notr as an attachment? the questions i have are kind of confusing and the pictures make them so much clearer!

Your best bet is to put them in as an attachment or link to them if you have a website. I don't know of any other way to do it. The attachment is the only way I know of to put an actual image in a post. It works, it just won't be instantaneous.

I personally put them on a photobucket account. There is a bar under the picture in your galery that you press, and it automatically copies the code for the link to the picture on a forum. It will show up on its own not as a link.

:rofl: I like the Santa hat on your avatar G01.

Math Jeans said:
I personally put them on a photobucket account. There is a bar under the picture in your galery that you press, and it automatically copies the code for the link to the picture on a forum. It will show up on its own not as a link.

This feature is disabled in the physics section of the forum. In fact, I think the only forums that the img codes will work are the GD and HW forums (I'm guessing with the latter).

So doing what you suggested won't work here.

Zz.

Math Jeans said:

:rofl: I like the Santa hat on your avatar G01.

Thanks! I felt I needed to get a little more into the spirit of the season.:smile:

Attachments, pictures or otherwise, have to be approved before we can see them. But in some posts I have noticed, (I may be mistaken), that some thumbnails are given which show up immediately. (Again, it's possible that I've viewed them after the approval.)

Is this true, about thumbnails I mean?

Last edited:
There are two different ways in the homework forums. Either as attachments which need to be approved, or from a photobucket or imageshack (or any other web picture hosting) you can use [ img] tags.

1. How do I post a picture with my question on the platform?

To post a picture with your question on the platform, click on the "Add Image" button located below the text box where you type your question. This will open a window where you can choose an image from your computer or provide a URL to an image. Once you have selected your image, it will automatically be added to your question post.

2. Can I post multiple pictures with my question?

Yes, you can post multiple pictures with your question. Simply click on the "Add Image" button for each image you want to include. The images will be displayed in the order you added them.

3. What file formats are supported for posting pictures?

The platform supports most common image file formats, such as JPG, PNG, and GIF. However, we recommend using JPG or PNG formats for best results.

4. Is there a limit to the size of the picture I can post?

Yes, there is a limit to the size of the picture you can post. The maximum file size allowed is 5MB. If your image is larger than this, you can use an image editing software to resize it before posting.

5. How do I ensure that my picture is appropriate for posting on the platform?

Please make sure that your picture follows our community guidelines and does not contain any inappropriate or offensive content. Any pictures that violate our guidelines will be removed by our moderators. Additionally, we recommend using original images or images with proper attribution to avoid any copyright issues.