Effortlessly Display a Matrix of Numbers in Mathematica | Quick Solution

In summary, a Mathematica table display is a tabular format used to organize and present data in the Mathematica software. It can be created using functions such as Table[] and Array[], and customized with formatting options. Calculations can also be performed on the data using built-in functions or the Manipulate[] function. The table can be exported to other formats for sharing with others.
iva_bg
Hello,

does anyone have an idea how easily to display a matrix of numbers such that each entry, for example 3, is displayed (3%), without having to type it manually, i.e. a command to do it for each entry in my output matrix?

Thanks a lot!

Physics news on Phys.org
Maybe something like
Code:
(* I suppose you already have a matrix mat, e.g.: *)
mat = {{1, 2, 3}, {4, 5, 6}, {7, 8,9}}; 

FormatNumber[x_] := ToString[x] <> "%"

Map[FormatNumber, mat, {2}]
% // MatrixForm

Thank you, this is fantastic!

1. What is a Mathematica table display?

A Mathematica table display is a way to organize and present data in a tabular format using the Mathematica software. It allows for easy manipulation and analysis of data, as well as customization of the table's appearance.

2. How do I create a table display in Mathematica?

To create a table display in Mathematica, you can use the Table[] or Array[] functions. These allow you to specify the data and formatting options for your table. You can also import data from external sources or use built-in datasets to create your table.

3. Can I customize the appearance of my table in Mathematica?

Yes, you can customize the appearance of your table in Mathematica using formatting options such as font size, color, and alignment. You can also add headers, footers, and grid lines to make your table easier to read and understand.

4. How do I perform calculations on data in a Mathematica table display?

You can perform calculations on data in a Mathematica table display using built-in functions such as Total[], Mean[], and StandardDeviation[]. You can also use the Manipulate[] function to create interactive tables that allow you to change variables and see the results in real-time.

5. Can I export my table from Mathematica to other formats?

Yes, you can export your Mathematica table display to various formats including Excel, PDF, and HTML. This allows you to share your data and analysis with others who may not have access to Mathematica.