Are More FAQ Forums in Cosmology and Math Planned?

• Thread starter Singham
  • Start date
In summary, the speaker thanked someone for creating a FAQ forum in cosmology and general math and complimented the exposition of concepts. They then asked if there would be more FAQs coming up and suggested that the scientific FAQs be listed in the "FEATURES" drop-down menu instead of "SITE INFO". Another member asked about the purpose of the Image Gallery in the "FEATURES" drop-down menu and suggested adding a search function for member's images. The conversation ended with a humorous comment about a 10-year-old image.
Singham
FAQ sub-forums are great!

just wanted to say thanks for creating FAQ forum in cosmology and general math.

The exposition of concepts is simply awesome in those FAQs.

will more of these be coming up ?

Physics news on Phys.org

Singham said:
will more of these be coming up ?

You are welcome! Some SA's are working on a couple more at the moment :)

that's simply great.

may i suggest that the scientific FAQs (physics relativity maths and evolution), instead of being listed in the "SITE INFO" drop-down menu should be listed in "FEATURES", where members are more likely to look for them? :smile:

(the FAQ about how to use this website of course should remain in "SITE INFO")

tiny-tim said:
may i suggest that the scientific FAQs (physics relativity maths and evolution), instead of being listed in the "SITE INFO" drop-down menu should be listed in "FEATURES", where members are more likely to look for them? :smile:

(the FAQ about how to use this website of course should remain in "SITE INFO")

The FAQs currently are in neither drop down :)

Putting them in features is interesting. I just have to think about how to organize it.

(a bit off-topic, but …)

why do we have an Image Gallery (see the same FEATURES drop-down)?

i understand why the server needs to access one, but why do we? :confused:

(btw, i clicked on the https://www.physicsforums.com/attach_gallery.php?forum=-1&page=2875: have those two little guys really been fighting each other for 10 years?! :biggrin:)​

tiny-tim said:

why do we have an Image Gallery (see the same FEATURES drop-down)?

i understand why the server needs to access one, but why do we? :confused:

For fun :) An easier way to browse the forums resources. I've thought about a file viewer too. There are thousands of interesting attachments that over time get buried.

Greg Bernhardt said:
An easier way to browse the forums resources.
I've reused previously uploaded images a few times on new post. I know I can go to MY PF and look through the my Attachments to find them but it might be useful to be able to do a Advanced Search of the Image Gallery to find my and other members images for reuse. Could the Gallery link be added to the "Search in Forum(s)" list? It may not be used by a lot of members and may not save much server space. What do you think?

Edit: I'm thinking a search on my or other member names not the image name.

Last edited:
tiny-tim said:
(btw, i clicked on the https://www.physicsforums.com/attach_gallery.php?forum=-1&page=2875: have those two little guys really been fighting each other for 10 years?! :biggrin:)​
:rofl:
Who uploaded it?There's no name.

1. What is the purpose of FAQ sub-forums?

The purpose of FAQ sub-forums is to provide a centralized location for frequently asked questions and answers. This allows users to easily find answers to common questions without having to search through multiple threads or posts.

2. How do FAQ sub-forums benefit users?

FAQ sub-forums benefit users by providing quick and easy access to commonly asked questions and answers. This can save time and effort for users who may have the same question as others.

3. Can anyone contribute to FAQ sub-forums?

Yes, anyone with an account on the forum can contribute to FAQ sub-forums. This allows for a diverse range of questions and answers from different perspectives and experiences.

4. How can I suggest a question to be added to the FAQ sub-forum?

Most FAQ sub-forums have a designated thread or post where users can suggest questions to be added. You can also contact a moderator or administrator to suggest a question.

5. Are FAQ sub-forums regularly updated?

It depends on the forum and its moderators. Some FAQ sub-forums may be updated regularly with new questions and answers, while others may only be updated periodically. It is always best to check the date of the last update to ensure the information is current.