Erg, revenge for the physics teacher?

In summary, Julie is seeking advice on how to impress her physics teacher and get him to take her seriously. She shares her negative experiences with him and her desire to do a project that will blow him away. Suggestions are given for projects that could potentially solve an everyday problem, such as Michelson's Interferometer or Active Noise Control. Julie is encouraged to reach out for further help if needed.
Tinkerbelle
Hi, my name is Julie, and I have an awful physics teacher. Now, I know that you are going "No, you just don't understand the way he teachers, " blah, blah blah. Ok, no. I am a nerd, right? Right. I keep track of everything that goes wrong, every insult, everything. And add them up. His list is pretty long, and I don't like that. Everytime I ask a question he answers with the tone of "here we go again, she must be retarded" And it is quite noticeable. So, this is my problem: science fair. I want to do something that will totally blow him away. I want him to take me seriously. I almost decided to build an "atom smasher" (betatron) by the suggestion of my nerd boyfriend, but I can't do that because of the fact that our projects have to "solve an everyday problem". I would really like to get some ideas from you guys. Something that will blow a physics teacher away. Thank you so much. You can either email me at Jules_887@yahoo.com or AIM me at Tinkerbelle3087 or post here. Whatever. Thanks! ---Jules

Physics news on Phys.org
hi julie,
im new to this forum anyway what I think you should do is firstly try to get on his good side. Try making a direct suggestion or something like that. Anyway for your project why not try Michelson's Interferometer. But that wouldn't solve an everyday problem... So you could go in for Active Noise Control.. Now that's solving an everyday problem isn't it ? For that experiment it would be great if you could get in touch with some electronics guys u know... :smile: If you need any further help mail me on pseudoNewton@yahoo.com or thru the forum

1. How does Erg seek revenge for his physics teacher?

Erg seeks revenge by using his knowledge of physics to create elaborate pranks and traps to embarrass and annoy his physics teacher. He also uses his understanding of physics to outsmart his teacher in class.

2. What types of pranks does Erg pull on his physics teacher?

Erg's pranks range from simple tricks, such as moving his teacher's belongings, to more complex pranks involving pulleys, levers, and other physics principles. He also creates fake experiments that seem to defy the laws of physics to confuse his teacher.

3. How does Erg's physics teacher react to his pranks?

Erg's physics teacher is initially frustrated and confused by his pranks, but eventually realizes that Erg is using his knowledge of physics in a creative way. He begins to admire Erg's intelligence and starts to appreciate his unique sense of humor.

4. Does Erg's revenge affect his grades in physics?

Surprisingly, Erg's pranks and focus on seeking revenge do not negatively impact his grades in physics. In fact, his understanding and application of physics principles in his pranks often impresses his teacher and helps him excel in class.

5. Is Erg's revenge justified?

This is a subjective question as it depends on one's personal beliefs and values. Some may see Erg's revenge as a harmless and clever way to express his frustrations with his teacher, while others may view it as disrespectful and immature behavior. Ultimately, it is up to the individual to decide if Erg's revenge is justified or not.