Motionless Electromagnetic Generator ( MEG )

In summary, Tom Bearden claims to have created a generator that outputs more power than is put into it. However, this goes against the second law of thermodynamics and is not supported by Maxwell's equations. Additionally, his site is organized poorly and does not provide clear evidence to support his claims. There is also no mention of free energy in his patent.
jester
Physics news on Phys.org
is this guy for real

I'll go out on a limb and say...no. This would violate the 2nd law of Thermodynamics.

“The second law of thermodynamics holds, I think, the supreme position among the laws of nature. If someone points out to you that your pet theory of the Universe is in disagreement with Maxwell’s equations - then so much the worse for Maxwell’s equations. If it is found to be contradicted by observation - well, those experimentalists do bungle things up sometimes. but if your theory is found to be against the second law of thermodynamics I can give you no hope;
there is nothing to do but to collapse in deepest humiliation.”
-------- Arthur S. Eddington (British Astrophysicist, 1882-1944) in The nature of the Physical World (1928)

I've had that site bookmarked for ages because I thought I'd get around to reading it... never did though.

Seems interesting though. He has lots of doctumentation and schematics (though the site is organized very poorly).

If I post some really good schematics will you buy something from me? :wink:

Actually I think we addressed this once before. Note that the patent makes no claims of free energy. It's just a transformer with a twist.

1. What is a Motionless Electromagnetic Generator (MEG)?

A Motionless Electromagnetic Generator, or MEG, is a device that claims to produce more energy than it consumes without the use of any moving parts. It is based on the principle of a Permanent Magnet Motor, where the magnetic fields of permanent magnets interact with each other to create motion and generate electricity.

2. How does a MEG work?

The exact working mechanism of a MEG is still a topic of debate and research. However, it is believed that the device uses the magnetic fields of permanent magnets to create a self-sustaining and self-amplifying system. The magnets are arranged in a specific pattern to create a continuous motion, which is then converted into electricity.

3. Is a MEG a perpetual motion machine?

No, a MEG is not a perpetual motion machine. It does not violate the laws of thermodynamics, as it does not create energy out of nothing. The device utilizes the energy from the surrounding environment, such as the Earth's magnetic field, to produce electricity.

4. What are the potential applications of a MEG?

If the claims about the MEG are true, it could have a wide range of applications, such as providing clean and renewable energy, powering electronic devices, and even powering vehicles. However, further research and development are necessary to validate the device's capabilities and potential uses.

5. Has a MEG been successfully demonstrated?

There have been some demonstrations of MEGs, but none have been widely accepted as a proven and functional device. Many researchers and scientists have tried to replicate and test the claims of MEG inventors, but the results have been inconclusive. Therefore, the validity and practicality of a MEG are still a subject of debate and further investigation.