What are the aerodynamic properties for a given problem?

• Thread starter optics.tech
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Aerodynamics
In summary, the speaker was banned for asking a question that was perceived as a homework problem. They clarified that it was not a homework question and asked for help with understanding aerodynamic properties. They also asked for tips and the first step to solve the problem. The responder advised the speaker to do some research on aerodynamics and provided three websites as resources.
optics.tech
Good morning everybody,

Glad to be back again after being banned for 7 days because I was judged by the moderator, asking the answer for the homework.

Actually, HONESTLY, it was not a homework rather than a pure newbie question.

I will ask again the SIMILAR question that causing me being banned.

Can someone please tell me what aerodynamic properties I can obtain for the problem such as the attached image?

Please give me a clues, hints, tips, anything that could explain me.

Please tell me the first step to solve the problem.

Thank you

Huygen

Attachments

• aerodynamics.PNG
    aerodynamics.PNG
    811 bytes · Views: 562
Engineering news on Phys.org
Since you have asked a very vague question it is impossible to give a specific answer. You seem interested in aerodynamic properties. Therefore, I recommend you read up on the subject first. You will pick up the terminology used and the concepts necessary to communicate with others clearly about aerodynamics. Then, when you have some doubts or specific questions, come right back here to PF and ask away! Members here are always ready to help someone along his or her journey towards better scientific understanding.

Here are three sites which you may find useful:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aerodynamics
http://science.jrank.org/pages/97/Aerodynamics.html
http://www.centennialofflight.gov/essay/Theories_of_Flight/coefficients/TH12.htm

Cheers,
Bobbywhy

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What is aerodynamics and why is it important?

Aerodynamics is the study of how air flows around objects. It is important because understanding aerodynamics allows us to design more efficient and faster-moving vehicles, such as airplanes and cars.

2. How does aerodynamics affect flight?

Aerodynamics plays a crucial role in flight by determining the lift and drag forces on an aircraft. Lift is the upward force that keeps an aircraft in the air, while drag is the force that opposes motion through the air. Understanding and manipulating aerodynamics allows us to control these forces and improve the performance of aircraft.

3. What factors affect aerodynamics?

Several factors can affect aerodynamics, including the shape and size of an object, the speed at which it is moving, and the properties of the air, such as density and viscosity. Other factors, such as turbulence and surface roughness, can also impact aerodynamics.

4. How can we improve aerodynamics?

There are several ways to improve aerodynamics, such as using streamlined shapes, reducing weight, and adding features like flaps, spoilers, and winglets to manipulate airflow. Advances in technology and computational tools have also allowed for more precise and efficient design of aerodynamic structures.

5. What are some real-world applications of aerodynamics?

Aerodynamics has a wide range of applications, including aircraft design, vehicle design, wind turbines, sports equipment, and even the design of buildings and bridges. It is also important in fields such as meteorology, where it helps to predict weather patterns and movement of air masses.