New PF Member Awards Ideas: Silly Lists & Fish-Shaped Cake!

• Thread starter Drakkith
  • Start date
  • Tags
In summary, The conversation is about creating a "silly" awards list for members of the forum. Some examples of awards include "Most times slapped with a mackrel," "Easiest avatar to make fun of," and "Most verbally abused member." The conversation also mentions that the winners will receive cake, with the added detail that the cake will be fish-shaped. The participants joke about who would win the various awards and express surprise and amusement at the possibility of winning. One member suggests an additional award for the person who was previously unaware of their own popularity. Overall, the conversation is lighthearted and playful, with a focus on creating a fun and entertaining list of awards for forum members.
Drakkith
Mentor
I know we do the Member Awards every year in Nov/Dec, but what are your thoughts for a "silly" awards list?

Things like:

Most times slapped with a mackrel.

Most times almost banned by Evo.

Easiest avatar to make fun of.

Longest forum post that completely misses the point of the thread.

Shortest post that completely answers the OP's question. (Can't be a yes or no question)

Most imaginative description of a basic phenomenon that could have been much shorter.

Most kitten/cute animal pictures posted.

Most verbally abused member. (But we still love them!)

The list goes on and on...so anyways, what's your thoughts?

P.S. Winners get cake. Mmm...cake...
P.P.S. The cake is fish shaped.

Physics news on Phys.org
Lol!

I think you'd win all those awards Drak! Ooh snap! :D

LOLOLOL Greg!

Greg Bernhardt said:
I think you'd win all those awards Drak! Ooh snap! :D

I can't win them all...I'm verbally abused but no one loves me!

Drakkith said:
I loves you Drak!

Evo said:
I loves you Drak!

Then give me CAAAKE!

Drakkith said:

Whaaaa?! Everyone loves you!

lisab said:
Whaaaa?! Everyone loves you!

I was unaware of this!

Drakkith said:
I was unaware of this!

Doesn't this unawareness make you qualify for this award?:tongue2:

Lisa! said:
Doesn't this unawareness make you qualify for this award?:tongue2:
The never-too-late epiphany or the better-late-than-never revelation award.

Astronuc said:
The never-too-late epiphany or the better-late-than-never revelation award.

I like it!

What are the "New PF Member Awards Ideas: Silly Lists & Fish-Shaped Cake!"?

The "New PF Member Awards Ideas: Silly Lists & Fish-Shaped Cake!" are a set of creative and playful ideas for recognizing and celebrating new members of a community or organization. These ideas include creating silly lists and giving out fish-shaped cakes as awards.

How can "New PF Member Awards Ideas: Silly Lists & Fish-Shaped Cake!" benefit a community or organization?

These ideas can help create a fun and welcoming environment for new members, making them feel valued and appreciated. They can also serve as a way to break the ice and get people to interact and connect with each other.

Are there any potential drawbacks to implementing "New PF Member Awards Ideas: Silly Lists & Fish-Shaped Cake!"?

The main potential drawback is that some people may not appreciate or enjoy these types of awards and may feel left out or excluded. It's important to consider the preferences and comfort levels of all members before implementing these ideas.

How can "New PF Member Awards Ideas: Silly Lists & Fish-Shaped Cake!" be adapted for different communities or organizations?

These ideas can be customized and adapted to fit the specific interests and culture of different communities or organizations. For example, instead of fish-shaped cakes, a group could give out other types of fun and quirky awards that align with their values and themes.

Are there any other benefits to using "New PF Member Awards Ideas: Silly Lists & Fish-Shaped Cake!" besides welcoming new members?

Yes, these ideas can also serve as a way to boost morale and foster a sense of camaraderie among all members. They can also be used as a creative and lighthearted way to acknowledge and celebrate accomplishments and milestones within the community or organization.