The 2013 Member Awards are here now - cast your vote

• Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
In summary: I am FAR cuter than that.The polls have now closed. The turn-out has been great this year, and it seems like the past Member Awards voter turn-outs were pretty good as well. Anyone know or have any statistics for past Member Awards voter turn-outs?The polls have now closed. The turn-out has been great this year, and it seems like the past Member Awards voter turn-outs were pretty good as well. Anyone know or have any statistics for past Member Awards voter turn-outs?
The 2013 Member Awards will be in town on Dec 10th. Voting will last one week. Be sure to visit and cast your vote for your favorite members. Who knows, maybe you'll be on the ballot!

Likes 1 person
Physics news on Phys.org
Woooo!
Evo for President!
Phinds for VP!
Drakkith for supreme overlord of the multiverse!

drakkith said:
woooo!
Evo for president!
Phinds for vp!
wooot!

Greg Bernhardt said:
Two days till the polls open!

Is it too early to demand a recount?

Drakkith said:
Is it too early to demand a recount?
We recounted the days till the polls open, and we can confirm the result of two.

Likes 1 person
mfb said:
We recounted the days till the polls open, and we can confirm the result of two.

Lies and slander. You're obviously on the "other" side of the politico-physics Z axis.

Drakkith said:
Woooo!
Evo for President!
Phinds for VP!

Woof !

If you haven't already done so, please take time to vote in the award categories. Voting has been open for two days, and the biggest vote count I've seen is only about 40. With as many active members we have, that should be a lot higher.

Perhaps we should start banning those that didn't vote.

Mark44 said:
If you haven't already done so, please take time to vote in the award categories. Voting has been open for two days, and the biggest vote count I've seen is only about 40. With as many active members we have, that should be a lot higher.

Perhaps their needs to be an obvious announcement in other areas of the forums? I know I rarely come to the FF&A section.

I have a notice with a link to the voting at the top of the page. The turn out for voting seems normal.

Evo said:
I have a notice with a link to the voting at the top of the page. The turn out for voting seems normal.

Psh! That notice is waaaay too bland. It needs neon lights, fireworks, and blaring sirens.

Drakkith said:
Psh! That notice is waaaay too bland. It needs neon lights, fireworks, and blaring sirens.

Give it up ... we're not going to vote you supreme overlord :smile:

phinds said:
Give it up ... we're not going to vote you supreme overlord :smile:

This saddens me...

Drakkith said:
This saddens me...

See, now what kind of wimp supreme overload does that sound like? It should make you furious :smile:

You should be brandishing your sword.

You do have a sword, don't you?

Last edited:
So the main contenders are-

1. White-Witch-throne.jpg

2. Lorek-Byrnison-armoured-polar-bear-golden-compass3.jpg

3. doom-art-original.jpg
Wonderland secedes.

They just don't know guys. Personally, I can only intelligently make a reasonable vote on only two categories. The rest, I just don't engage in enough to know who's who and so I only voted on two.

phinds said:
See, now what kind of wimp supreme overload does that sound like? It should make you furious :smile:

You should be brandishing your sword.

You do have a sword, don't you?

I have several pens, and as Shakespeare will tell you, the pen is occasionally mightier than the sword.

Drakkith said:
I have several pens, and as Shakespeare will tell you, the pen is occasionally mightier than the sword.

OK, good point.

Drakkith said:
This saddens me...

phinds said:
See, now what kind of wimp supreme overload does that sound like?

As eny fule kno, the REAL supreme overlord says...
original.jpg

AlephZero said:
As eny fule kno, the REAL supreme overlord says...
original.jpg

That is PERFECT ... looks exactly like Drakkith :smile:

phinds said:
That is PERFECT ... looks exactly like Drakkith :smile:

I am FAR cuter than that.

Turn-out at the polls have been awesome this year it appears. Anyone know or have any statistics for past Member Awards voter turn-outs?

Last day to vote. I'll be closing the polls around 10PM CST. Award ceremony will commence tomorrow.

Voting is now closed. The award ceremony will be tomorrow! Thanks everyone who participated!

1. What are the 2013 Member Awards?

The 2013 Member Awards are an annual event held by our organization to recognize and celebrate the achievements and contributions of our members throughout the year.

2. How do I cast my vote for the 2013 Member Awards?

To cast your vote for the 2013 Member Awards, simply visit our organization's website and follow the instructions provided on the voting page. You may be required to log in or provide your membership information to ensure a fair and accurate voting process.

3. Who is eligible to win a 2013 Member Award?

All active members of our organization are eligible to win a 2013 Member Award. This includes members who have joined before the award nomination period and have made significant contributions to our organization throughout the year.

4. What categories are included in the 2013 Member Awards?

The specific categories for the 2013 Member Awards may vary, but typically they include awards for outstanding leadership, innovation, community involvement, and other notable achievements within our organization.

5. When will the winners of the 2013 Member Awards be announced?

The winners of the 2013 Member Awards will be announced at our organization's annual awards ceremony, which is typically held in the beginning of the following year. Keep an eye out for updates and announcements on our website and social media channels.