Making Your Own "Have a Heart" Puzzles

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Heart
In summary, the conversation discusses the idea of making one's own puzzle, with the example of a "have a heart" puzzle that was made by someone's dad. The conversation also touches on the challenges and fun of playing with puzzles, as well as some humorous stories about cheating in puzzle solving.
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
Has anyone made their own ?

dad made the" have a heart" puzzle for us kids years ago, they can be fun and
cheap to make.
http://www.puzzles.ca/puzzles_2.html

Physics news on Phys.org
I never even thought of it, but it's a good idea. I love playing with them.

Danger said:
I never even thought of it, but it's a good idea. I love playing with them.

Some people take one look and say it is impossible, then that it is a magic trick.
they take some convincing that it is just logic. :smile:

omg, you bring up all of my horrid past secrets! yes...I did cut through the wire..remove the hoop and soder it back together...there are you happy now?

Another devotee of Smokey Yunick-style cheating.:approve: :devil: :biggrin:

hypatia said:
omg, you bring up all of my horrid past secrets! yes...I did cut through the wire..remove the hoop and soder it back together...there are you happy now?

Is this the tip of the ice berg? :biggrin:

Why its a honor to be mentioned in any context of Smokey Yunick:wink:
If you can't beat them, steal there battery!

:rofl: :rofl:

What materials do I need to make a "Have a Heart" puzzle?

You will need a piece of cardboard or thick paper, scissors, a pencil, and markers or colored pencils.

How do I design the puzzle?

Start by drawing two equal-sized hearts on the cardboard or paper. Then, draw a wavy line down the middle of both hearts, making sure the line connects at the top and bottom. Cut along the line to create two puzzle pieces.

How difficult is it to solve the puzzle?

The difficulty level of the puzzle depends on how intricate you make the wavy line. You can make it simple or more complex to challenge yourself or others.

Can I make different sizes of "Have a Heart" puzzles?

Yes, you can make the puzzles any size you want by adjusting the size of the hearts and the wavy line. You can also make multiple puzzles with varying sizes for a fun challenge.

How do I play with the "Have a Heart" puzzle?

The objective is to put the two puzzle pieces together to form a complete heart. Start with the two pieces separated and try to figure out how they fit together. You can also race against others to see who can solve it the fastest.