Welcome Orian Kieth - The Lurchspawn!

• Thread starter LURCH
  • Start date
In summary, Lurchspawn warned others about the Lurch, but didn't realize he was going to have a son himself until two months before the birth. Orian Kieth will be born in January and his parents are very excited.
LURCH
Science Advisor
Beware the Lurchspawn!

Got married in December (the 29th), and just found out we're going to have a son in January!

His name will be Orian Kieth (pronounced like "Orion," but spelled like "son of Brian"). I've often speculated that certain people (myself chief among them) should not be permitted to rerpoduce. I think the world should be greatfull that it doesn't know what's about to hit it.

Physics news on Phys.org

LURCH said:
Got married in December (the 29th), and just found out we're going to have a son in January!

You noticed this two months before the birth? You really need to start spending more time at home with your wife. Still, congrats.

LURCH said:

His name will be Orian Kieth (pronounced like "Orion," but spelled like "son of Brian"). I've often speculated that certain people (myself chief among them) should not be permitted to rerpoduce. I think the world should be greatfull that it doesn't know what's about to hit it.
Wahoo! Congratulations, Dad!

Best wishes and blessings to wife and son (and future PFer)!

I've never had a son in January, but I did have one in October once. Get ready to see the world through his eyes.

LURCH said:

Congrats Lurch, get plenty of sleep now while you can, have you practised nappy changing yet ? :smile:

Thats two wonderful bits of news in one post. 2009 is a great year to bring a new life into this world. Much happiness.

Wonderful! Welcome, Orian Kieith ("O.K." - I like it!).

misgfool said:
You noticed this two months before the birth? You really need to start spending more time at home with your wife.
I was thinking the same thing. :biggrin: :rofl: Congrats and best wishes!

Fantastic; a Lurchlet! Congratulations to you and Mrs. Lurch.

Congrats! :smile:

Congratulations lurch on both the marriage and the future spawn!

LOL @ Ivan...revelling in your glory eh?

Congrats Lurch.

binzing said:
LOL @ Ivan...revelling in your glory eh?

Haha, got you. Obama and I do look a lot alike, don't you think?

Congrats to the Lurchmeister!

jimmysnyder said:
I've never had a son in January, but I did have one in October once.

:rofl:

LURCH said:

Kieth or Keith? hope the filling in of the birth certificate goes ok. We have a guy in our national rugby team called Os, literally meaning Ox in one of our national languages. Guess his dad had the jitters when he signed the papers and that's the first thing that popped into his head :wink:

redargon said:
Kieth or Keith?
It must be Kieth since he said it is pronounced 'Orion' and is spelled 'Brian'. Keith does neither. I assume that he knew about the budding lurchlet but was unware of its gender until now.

Thanks, everyone!

jimmysnyder said:
It must be Kieth since he said it is pronounced 'Orion' and is spelled 'Brian'.

No, no, no; I said it's pronounced like "Orion," but spelled ("Rian," a Celtic form of "Brian," with the prefix "O," which is Celtic for "Son of") Orian. Orian = "Son of Brian," see? :biggrin:
But, that's his birth name. Untill delivery, he will go by his placental name: Cletus the Fetus.

BTW; Greg, how old does a person have to be to become a PFer?

LURCH said:
Untill delivery, he will go by his placental name: Cletus the Fetus.
:rofl:

BTW; Greg, how old does a person have to be to become a PFer?

We have no lower limit on membership as long as they have parental permission. :biggrin:

Congrats, LURCH! (Cool name, Orian!)

Doc Al said:
Congrats, LURCH! (Cool name, Orian!)

always makes me think of the master of puppets album from metallica. Orion...
be funny if it was Oirian, as in "Oi... Ryan, have a look at this will ya!"

What is "Welcome Orian Kieth - The Lurchspawn!" about?

"Welcome Orian Kieth - The Lurchspawn!" is a science fiction novel about a scientist named Orian Kieth who creates a new species through genetic engineering, but must face the consequences when his creation turns against him.

Who wrote "Welcome Orian Kieth - The Lurchspawn!"?

"Welcome Orian Kieth - The Lurchspawn!" was written by [author's name].

What inspired the author to write "Welcome Orian Kieth - The Lurchspawn!"?

The author was inspired by real-life advancements in genetic engineering and the ethical questions that arise from manipulating the natural world.

Are there any underlying themes in "Welcome Orian Kieth - The Lurchspawn!"?

Yes, some underlying themes in the novel include the consequences of playing God, the power and dangers of scientific advancements, and the moral responsibility of scientists.

Is "Welcome Orian Kieth - The Lurchspawn!" based on any scientific research or theories?

While the novel is a work of fiction, it does draw upon real scientific principles and research in the field of genetics and biotechnology. However, it also takes creative liberties for the purpose of storytelling.