Under Fool In Dictionary See:

• Thread starter nismaratwork
  • Start date
In summary, an old man's wife's ashes were stolen and snorted by teenagers, who then felt bad and gave the old man a vasectomy.
nismaratwork
Under "Fool" In Dictionary See:

http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/01/20/florida.snort.ashes/index.html?iref=NS1

Yes! The winners are the teens and kids who snorted the ashes of an old man's deceased wife! They stole the ashes in an URN, thinking... it was cocaine! Yes... all of that ashy cocaine in the elderly man's DECORATIVE URN.

Did I mention that this old man, other than playing two or knick-knack on his shoe, just wanted to be cremated, and mingled with his wife's ashes? I think I might not have.

Anyway, these kid idiots... or kidiots... snort some rails of PERSON, then realize what they may have done: snorted animal/human remains. So, being the genius moral paragons they are... boom, they toss the urn, and presumably the ashes.

So, I guess my question is... WHAT?! There's no part of this case that doesn't make me want to give these kids irreversible vasectomies.

Physics news on Phys.org

I've known to never underestimate the stupidity of your average human, but now I need to learn to never underestimate the callousness and heartlessness of the average human, as well.

Now, I don't find anything particularly sentimental about the specific ashes of an individual (sorry, the person you love is long gone before the cremation process is started), but it's important to someone; to simply discard those ashes is... just sick.

Irreversible vasectomies? How about irreversible decapitation?

FlexGunship said:
I've known to never underestimate the stupidity of your average human, but now I need to learn to never underestimate the callousness and heartlessness of the average human, as well.

Now, I don't find anything particularly sentimental about the specific ashes of an individual (sorry, the person you love is long gone before the cremation process is started), but it's important to someone; to simply discard those ashes is... just sick.

Yeah... I agree with everything you've said; sadly the last time I made such a comment I received 3 points for "advocating an illegal act". I try to moderate my tone now, for the sake of he children. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I think living the rest of your life knowing you snorted someone's remains and broke an old man's heart should be a terrible burden on any person capable of experiencing empathy.

As you say... these idiots might not have that capacity... Really... snorting someone's ashes because you think an old man is keeping a VAST cache of coke?! WOW.

Wouldn't that be the same as desecrating a grave?

Idiots.

Evo said:

Idiots.

That's a good question...

I think you could be prosecuted for desecrating human REMAINS, but honestly, crimes against the dead aren't usually a big area of legal activity.

Idiots... hell yeah.

I love the fact that they were thorough enough to look in an URN, yet stupid enough to conclude that the contents were drugs! Then, instead of "tasting" the damned stuff as in the movies, or whatever you actually do (I really don't know) they just get to snorting!?

I WISH I could swear here... not much... just a little. Doug Benson (comedian) delivers a line that is priceless in situations like this, but it's OUT of line here.

Those kids... I'm an atheist, I don't care if people eat my corpse, but this old man DOES care and really... what else does he have? Now he gets to live out his days knowing some punks snorted his wife's remains then tossed them!

Honestly, I usually don't feel this angry, but the stupidity and callous behaviour together are just horrendous and inexcusable.

nismaratwork said:
hose kids... I'm an atheist, I don't care if people eat my corpse, but this old man DOES care and really... what else does he have? Now he gets to live out his days knowing some punks snorted his wife's remains then tossed them!
I read it was his father and two dogs.

Evo said:

Idiots.

It's a combination of cannibalism, grave robbing, intended drug abuse, desecration of human remains, and desecration of a human grave.

I hope they throw the book at them... literally. This book:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcShFO6hScfTxXLFRXLtdzxovfMigGWXx8fgE1vAKz7QgyZaaOQfXA.jpg

Evo said:

Sorry, I'm mixing two cases!

Yeah... sadly this isn't isolated.

http://www.newsfirst5.com/news/wife-s-ashes-stolen-out-of-black-forest-man-s-home/

or if you really want to be depressed:

http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy&...&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&pbx=1&fp=abd5fec803d17261

There are some truly horrific people out there, or very sick people; either way... ugh.

Still, snorting them has to be a new low, although I remembered that there IS a connection between craving episodes in former CRACK addicts when they saw cigarette ashes. I'm wondering if there's a connection between some irrational drug-related behaviour in general, and ashes, because otherwise these people are just horrific sacks of crap.

I can't find a reference for the crack-ashes issue, and "cocaine + ashes" is flooded by this story now. Lord, I may have to reference an actual BOOK!

Last edited by a moderator:

Evo said:

According to the video, it was a woman's father and great Danes.

These are the types of kids that turn down the TV because they can't taste their macaroni.

FlexGunship said:
These are the types of kids that turn down the TV because they can't taste their macaroni.

:rofl:

@Danger: You may be right, but let's get real... these kids snorted human and animal remains, because they thought someone kept a large quantity of COCAINE in a green enamel urn. I don't care if it was someone's niece and a pony... still EWWW... still ******* stupid!

FlexGunship said:

I suppose nasal amputation would be enough to prevent repeat offending.

Kids do stupid things, and while I think they should be taught a lesson. I doubt you want them dead, and if you do I'm sorry you feel that way because killing a human being is almost never okay.

Speed:

Bah, the horrifying punishments are in good fun. I'd say the kids are best off in some form of manual labor not taken by machines. Unfortunately, a lot of manual labor requires a degree of skill and patience these morons are not capable of...

Oh! They can serve as test subjects on the effects of radiation and cosmic rays on humans in interplanetary space :tongue2:

lompocus said:
Speed:

Bah, the horrifying punishments are in good fun. I'd say the kids are best off in some form of manual labor not taken by machines. Unfortunately, a lot of manual labor requires a degree of skill and patience these morons are not capable of...

Oh! They can serve as test subjects on the effects of radiation and cosmic rays on humans in interplanetary space :tongue2:

Now that's the kind of thinking that gets grant money! You're right about the punishments... mostly. I was deadly serious about sterilization: those genes need to go no further! Can you imagine what amounts to their PARENTING skills?!

@Speed: Stupid is stealing the ashes thinking their cocaine. Snorting them as a group is something else... and then tossing them away instead of leaving them to be found OR returning them is CRUEL.

Certainly there is a good deal of satisfaction in calling others Stupid. Makes me feel better ;P.

Do any of those that currently feel elation of superiority wish to relate the stupidest thing they ever did? Take your time. Think it over. Don't forget those early years.

Phrak said:
Certainly there is a good deal of satisfaction in calling others Stupid. Makes me feel better ;P.

Do any of those that currently feel elation of superiority wish to relate the stupidest thing they ever did? Take your time. Think it over. Don't forget those early years.

OK... this is easy, because to blunt... it was so stupid!

I was young, but no young enough to be an excuse... call it around 12 or 13. My pal and I were bored senseless, got up to the kind of trouble that only leads to a mild scolding and "clean that mess up!"

Somehow, and I was the problem in this situation, I decided that we were not in this mild non-situation, but a MAJOR PREDICAMENT... and naturally we would now, at this tender age... have to run away. On foot. IN A US SUBURB.

Not dumb yet though...

So we head off, ta-lala... with NOTHING, because our BIG PLAN is to hide for some indeterminate period of time in an old abandoned gas station.

Not dumb enough.

We decide that the only LOGICAL move, is to walk over 2 miles across some NASTY roads to STEAL cheerios and WATER from a friend. Now, by steal, I mean ask for water, then run out of the house with a box of cheerios; yeah, I've always been a master criminal. *facepalm*

Not dumb enough.

My DOG however, followed us, but how to keep her from rushing into the traffic?!... somehow I convinced by friend that we could NOT go back now (we'd been gone all of 5 minutes, and AFAIK hadn't yet been MISSED!), so I harvested a shoe-lace from his shoe... and used that as a leash.

We head off on one of the FEW treks forbidden to pretty much everyone without a car or serious biking experience, with my dog on my friend's shoelace... FOR NO GOOD REASON. We made it to the "target" house, where my freind's mother was, to say the least... a little surprised to see this motley trio appear asking for water... and cheerios. (we decided theft was wrong even then...).

Pretty dumb right? Keep reading.

We get suspicious, like the two dumbest crooks you've ever seen robbing a house on CCTV, while the cops are literally surrounding the place. So, we bail, continue down the road, until... we see a familiar car... my mother's... approaching.

Did I mention that by now, the shoe-lace was long gone, broken... and it was my friend, and my little dog on a CRAZY busy road, with snow on the ground, and no side-walks or space to walk?

Not Dumb ENOUGH.

My mother stops like a cop ready to take down a crack-dealer on a corner, and I just yell "RUN!". Yeah... our elusive asses couldn't escape her in HER CAR, but we're going to run through the woods, in the snow-fall... and escape... to WHAT?!

So we bolt into the woods, dog now following... mother following and saying some things that were... upset. My friend trips over a log, and I actually exhorted him to GET UP and keep running... which he wisely didn't. Seeing him caught, I gave up, and I'm probably lucky that she didn't tackle me like a cop too!

It was only as I recounted by "reasoning" along the way, including a desperate explanation of why I'd NEVER take the dog out off a leash on a busy road. It ended poorly.

I've nearly died before, but not through stupidity... this is, in terms of my age and how I NORMALLY thought and behaved, a the DUMBEST thing I've done...

...YET.

So... these kids who snorted dog/person?... ARE ******* stupid.

Next.

Nismar, you should volunteer for some sort of surgical procedure.

I'm at the point in this discussion where people have started taking everything to such literal extremes that I no longer care to discuss humorous of hyperbolic punishments.

Let's just say I wish compulsory surgery upon them (the manner and type are moot).

FlexGunship said:

Three teens and two juveniles were arrested in the case, the sheriff's department said

See, looks like they were real young. I know that from your perspective and mine, it would be a sick thing to do - but they didn't think like that - they were just .. KIDS !

Irreversible vasectomies ? Decapitation ?

Sheesh - when I was a kid, I did some very stupid things too - about as equally stupid. Didn't you ?

alt said:
Sheesh - when I was a kid, I did some very stupid things too - about as equally stupid. Didn't you ?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRpINwBd_Hzb09Dm1E7bIjd6HR800qc7Hy4I7dTLG1dLLwOgLwD9Q.jpg

Uh, no... I did not conspire to ingest human remains in my quest for cocaine and subsequently discard those remains with great vigor in a fit of blind drug-lust fueled disappointment at any time during my childhood.

Nor did I do anything "equally stupid."

Last edited:

FlexGunship said:
Uh, no... I did not conspire to ingest human remains in my quest for cocaine and subsequently discard those remains with great vigor in a fit of blind drug-lust fueled disappointment at any time during my childhood.

They didn't conspire that. They were being idiotic kids. Lots of kids go off the rails, and with a good dose of help and forebearance, turn out OK.

FlexGunship said:
Nismar, you should volunteer for some sort of surgical procedure.

I'm at the point in this discussion where people have started taking everything to such literal extremes that I no longer care to discuss humorous of hyperbolic punishments.

Let's just say I wish compulsory surgery upon them (the manner and type are moot).

Thanks buddy :cry: . What can I say, it was a valid challenge, and I took it. I still maintain that this goes WAY beyond the "dumb stuff we all did as kids".

Seeing where this is going, I see why you'd be ready to throw int he towel. I'm more than a little shocked to see a response other than, near-uncivil hatred for these idiots. If there are people here who's "boys will be boys" hijinks included snorting TONS of coke, to the point that you snort human and animal remains... GO AWAY.

alt said:
Three teens and two juveniles were arrested in the case, the sheriff's department said

See, looks like they were real young. I know that from your perspective and mine, it would be a sick thing to do - but they didn't think like that - they were just .. KIDS !

Irreversible vasectomies ? Decapitation ?

What the hell did you do in your life, that burglary, theft, then snorting what you THINK is an illegal drug, but turns out to be a person and DOGS... is "boys will be boys" to you?!

nismaratwork said:
What the hell did you do in your life, that burglary, theft, then snorting what you THINK is an illegal drug, but turns out to be a person and DOGS... is "boys will be boys" to you?!

When I was 12, I and a couple of others sneaked in through the roof of a sports store, and stole some footballs. The cop that caught us, gave us a hiding.

When I was 15, I smoked some weed - you know, like an ex pres of yours ? It could have been an old ladies dried entrails for all I knew then, but thankfully, it was just weed .. I think ..

Anyway, I turned out OK.

What about you ? What's the worst you've done ? And on your scale of permanent vasectomy / decapitation for the OP kids, what punishment do you reckon it merited ?

nismaratwork said:

When I was a kid, I thought the old man next door looked like the guy in the ice cream truck. An older boy at school told us that he bought LSD off of the ice cream truck driver. Me and my two best friends sneaked into my neighbor's house late one night to find LSD.

We got into the basement and found lots of small glass vials of a clear liquid. We had hit the jackpot! So we took all of them (they were in Styrofoam cases, and easy to carry) not knowing how much LSD it took to get high.

We ran into the woods to look over our score. One of my friends already started drinking a few of the vials before I noticed that they said "insulin" on them. Upon realizing what we had done, we smashed all of the vials on a nearby rock and hid the evidence.

The neighbor house was up for sale only a few weeks later. Never saw him again. Weird.

Crazy hijinks!

alt said:
When I was 12, I and a couple of others sneaked in through the roof of a sports store, and stole some footballs. The cop that caught us, gave us a hiding.

When I was 15, I smoked some weed - you know, like an ex pres of yours ? It could have been an old ladies dried entrails for all I knew then, but thankfully, it was just weed .. I think ..

Anyway, I turned out OK.

What about you ? What's the worst you've done ? And on your scale of permanent vasectomy / decapitation for the OP kids, what punishment do you reckon it merited ?

I already shared my little anecdote on this page...

Anyway, I don't think smoking weed and even stealing some footballs is ANYTHING like going ton a COKE-HUNT in an old man's URN! THEN, when you've sorted PERSON and DOG... you don't leave it, and you don't return it... you throw it away.

I'm not seeing any kind of equivalence in terms of depraved indifference. Hell man, who CARES if you smoked weed, or do right now?! We're talking about kids who thought this was a big urn of COCAINE!

I've never even TOUCHED cocaine, never mind hunted for it and snorted rails of ash to see if it IS cocaine! So no alt... as much as I'm increasingly wanting to slam you, no... NOTHING you described doing is so stupid or callously cruel as the topic here. Unless you secretly molested pigeons or stole candy from babies... then PUNCHED the babies, I think you have a much better history than these "kids".

FlexGunship said:
When I was a kid, I thought the old man next door looked like the guy in the ice cream truck. An older boy at school told us that he bought LSD off of the ice cream truck driver. Me and my two best friends sneaked into my neighbor's house late one night to find LSD.

We got into the basement and found lots of small glass vials of a clear liquid. We had hit the jackpot! So we took all of them (they were in Styrofoam cases, and easy to carry) not knowing how much LSD it took to get high.

We ran into the woods to look over our score. One of my friends already started drinking a few of the vials before I noticed that they said "insulin" on them. Upon realizing what we had done, we smashed all of the vials on a nearby rock and hid the evidence.

The neighbor house was up for sale only a few weeks later. Never saw him again. Weird.

Crazy hijinks!

Oddly enough, I follow the logic... it's bad, but it's not human remains. Yeah, maybe you killed the guy by taking away his insulin, but insulin is replaceable. I believe that what makes this so truly awful is that human and animal remains are not. I don't care if you press my remains into toilet paper when I'm dead, but other people do care so... no, even though what you did was wacky, it's not that bad.

Besides, you found vials of insulin... YOU DID find a drug... just not the one you thought you were getting. These kids thought they found COKE, in an URN, and couldn't tell the difference between ashes and coke. WOW. You couldn't tell the difference between 2 kinds of clear liquids in sealed vials... not the same.

nismaratwork said:
Oddly enough, I follow the logic... it's bad, but it's not human remains. Yeah, maybe you killed the guy by taking away his insulin, but insulin is replaceable. I believe that what makes this so truly awful is that human and animal remains are not. I don't care if you press my remains into toilet paper when I'm dead, but other people do care so... no, even though what you did was wacky, it's not that bad.

Besides, you found vials of insulin... YOU DID find a drug... just not the one you thought you were getting. These kids thought they found COKE, in an URN, and couldn't tell the difference between ashes and coke. WOW. You couldn't tell the difference between 2 kinds of clear liquids in sealed vials... not the same.

Uh... my story was satire, Nismar.

nismaratwork said:
...never mind hunted for it and snorted rails of ash to see if it IS cocaine!

Okay, this made me laugh for some reason. As though there are small troops of children running around snorting things to determine if they are cocaine or not.

Oh, wait... actually...

FlexGunship said:
Uh... my story was satire, Nismar.

oooooohhhhhh...

OOOOooooh.

Ouch. Well, there's satire lost on a moral relativist for you! :blushing:

FlexGunship said:
Okay, this made me laugh for some reason. As though there are small troops of children running around snorting things to determine if they are cocaine or not.

Oh, wait... actually...

Seriously! If you're going to test whether something is a drug... why do you go right to USING it?! Because of work, I often see people who suffer or have suffered from drug addictions in the past, and they're ALWAYS crazy about how they test their "stuff"... and they actually bought drugs... FROM a dealer!

What if it HAD been pure, uncut cocaine? They'd probably have ended dead or in the hospital... and they would have stolen a LOT of cocaine! I'm guessing that people who traffic coke take real issue with that, so there's just no way to look at this that doesn't make these kids world-class ****wits.

FlexGunship said:
Finally, I'm not the only person that wasn't an idiot child. I honestly don't know how many people made it to adulthood.

Evo said:
Finally, I'm not the only person that wasn't an idiot child.

Woah, woah, woah... I didn't say I wasn't an idiot. I just said I didn't so something as stupid as necrosnorting.

FlexGunship said:
Woah, woah, woah... I didn't say I wasn't an idiot. I just said I didn't so something as stupid as necrosnorting.
[STRIKE]Flex[/STRIKE]

I know there are some, I've known some. There aren't many though.

Evo said:
[STRIKE]Flex[/STRIKE]

I know there are some, I've known some. There aren't many though.

Okay; I literally don't know how to take that. Did I just get burned?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTfpbkViodcoy1__kl-vvWOA_sxTTrulaKCFYZf4NPH36CAxzPA.jpg

Back