Happy Thanksgiving | Celebrate the Day!

• Thread starter Artman
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation revolves around Thanksgiving and everyone expressing their gratitude and excitement for the holiday. The main topic is the delicious turkey and the various workout plans for the following day. The conversation also touches on favorite desserts, including pi, and the enjoyment of spending time with loved ones.
Artman
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

:biggrin:

Physics news on Phys.org
I'm sooo hungry! :biggrin:

Even the PF turkey has come out to say hi!

Last edited:
Greg Bernhardt said:
Even the PF turkey has come out to say hi!
I SAW THAT! :biggrin:

Thanks for the turkey, it's so cute!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I hope you're all well stuffed by now! :biggrin:

The turkey is really cool, Greg!

I hope everyone had a wonderful day!

Happy Thanksgiving :biggrin:

Happy Harvest Festival. I'm so full !

What's your Friday AM workout? Mine's a mountain bike ride loop through the local hills... but will I climb Antenna Hill?...

Happy Thanksgiving!

Turkey and fixins' were fantastic.
How about dessert, what's your favorite?
I like [itex]\pi [/itex] :tongue2:
(apple and pumpkin especially)

What is the history of Thanksgiving?

The first Thanksgiving was celebrated in 1621 by the Pilgrims and Native Americans to give thanks for a successful harvest. It was not until 1863, during the Civil War, that Thanksgiving became a national holiday in the United States.

Why is Thanksgiving celebrated?

Thanksgiving is celebrated as a day of giving thanks for the blessings of the year, including the harvest, family, and friends. It is also a time to gather with loved ones and enjoy a feast together.

What are some traditional Thanksgiving foods?

Some traditional Thanksgiving foods include turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, and pumpkin pie. However, many families have their own unique dishes that they incorporate into their Thanksgiving meal.

What are some popular Thanksgiving traditions?

Some popular Thanksgiving traditions include watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, playing football, and going around the table to share what each person is thankful for. Many families also volunteer or donate to those in need during this holiday.

How is Thanksgiving celebrated in other countries?

Thanksgiving is primarily celebrated in the United States and Canada. However, similar harvest festivals and days of giving thanks are celebrated in other countries such as Germany (Erntedankfest) and Japan (Labor Thanksgiving Day).